Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Krul Uncovers the Origin of "Captain Atom"

"Captain Atom" delves into the nuclear-powered hero's origin in #7, and CBR spoke with writer J.T. Krul about his reimagined powers in the New 52 and what to expect for the future.

Full article here.

Captain Atom has become one of my Top 5 of TheNew52.

Really digging this book. More people should check it out. Tis' good my friends.

Thumbs up

I feel like instead of having its own book Men of War should be a back up to this because it has strong ties to the military.

That cover of the half-Captain Atom/half-one-eyed-monster reminds me of the !mpact comic series "The Comet" and what the "true story" was behind the main character.

I could barely get through the first issue. the new 52 Captain Atom is just a bad knock-off of Firestorm.
    the art is crap. so hard to make out the figures. almost a bad Scott McDaniel.

Quote Originally Posted by OneVsWorld View Post
    Captain Atom has become one of my Top 5 of TheNew52.

Really digging this book. More people should check it out. Tis' good my friends.
    Agreed.

Wasnt thrilled over issue 1 but its really picked up in recent issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DocBrass View Post
    I could barely get through the first issue. the new 52 Captain Atom is just a bad knock-off of Firestorm.
    the art is crap. so hard to make out the figures. almost a bad Scott McDaniel.
    Oh, puh-leeeez. Right. Yeah, looks exactly like Scott McDaniel's--not.

And if you've only read the first issue? You really have no clue how the writing and art on Captain Atom is. It's far and away one of the best books of The New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    Oh, puh-leeeez. Right. Yeah, looks exactly like Scott McDaniel's--not.

And if you've only read the first issue? You really have no clue how the writing and art on Captain Atom is. It's far and away one of the best books of The New 52.
    why don't you show me samples from #1? it was rushed looking, no edges, coloring defined figures, alot of jumbled mess. McDaniel did/does the soft edge and lets the coloring give the finished look. I look at it on the rack and not sold.

and its a Firestorm ripoff - molecular manipulation, atom splitting.

Wow. I can't wait for issue 7.
    So far the art is amazing, the story is amazing and I love everything about this book.

why don't you show me samples from #1? it was rushed looking, no edges, coloring defined figures, alot of jumbled mess. McDaniel did/does the soft edge and lets the coloring give the finished look. I look at it on the rack and not sold.

??? Thats just one of his power. He can do more than that.
    Is Superman a Cyclops spin off? Because he can shoot lasers from his eyes? No.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sethysquare View Post
    ??? Thats just one of his power. He can do more than that.
    Is Superman a Cyclops spin off? Because he can shoot lasers from his eyes? No.
    superman came first and is more famous ergo he can never be a knockoff besides cyclops fires beams of kinetic energy, supes fires lasers

Quote Originally Posted by Seguun View Post
    superman came first and is more famous ergo he can never be a knockoff besides cyclops fires beams of kinetic energy, supes fires lasers
    So is cyclops a knock off of Superman cos they both shoot red beams/lasers off their eyes?
    Is Dawnstar a knock off of Angel cos they both have wings?
    Is Angel a knock off of Hawkman cos they both have wings?

I'm just trying to say just cos Captain Atom has one of his powers that is similar to firestorm doesn't mean he is a knock off.
    Or else by that logic WW is a knock off of Superman cos they both have Super strength.

BANNED

Captain Atom has always had the ability to manipulate and control quantum mechanics, so I don't think it's fair to say he's all of a sudden turned into a Firestorm rip-off.

For the record, I'm not touching this book because I don't like JT Krul's writing.

If this origin involves a watch I am never reading another comic again in my life.
    Where in the world is Wally West?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Captain Atom has always had the ability to manipulate and control quantum mechanics, so I don't think it's fair to say he's all of a sudden turned into a Firestorm rip-off.

For the record, I'm not touching this book because I don't like JT Krul's writing.
    :O But this is such a great book.