Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Man, I wish I could have seen that ashcan.
    It's awesome. I got mine from Francesco at a con and he did a BB sketch in the back. Super great!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Man, if I could pick one artist to do a Hellboy story Francavilla would be it, I'd kill to see him do a story.
    I'm right with you there.

BANNED

I thought there was hints/rumors that he was doing something next year?

I haven't heard any of these hints or rumours.

All I know is he's very busy next year with his own projects. As well as The Black Beetle, he's hoping to do USRA (United States Robot Army - set in the same universe as The Black Beetle), From The Deep and Phantoms of Space. Beyond that, I don't know. I do know he's eager to do something Hellboy related, but last time he mentioned it on Twitter he said there was nothing planned. I think he'll be busy enough with just his own projects for a while.

Last edited by Middenway; 08-28-2012 at 12:36 AM.

BANNED

I'd way rather he do his own books than Hellboy. The world needs more creator owned comics and he's teasing every book I want to read but doesn't exist, so. I'd love Hellboy by him, for sure, but I'd rather he do his own work.

I totally agree. There isn't enough creator-owned comics.

Great news on mr Francesco, the Black Beetle and creator-owned works.

It's exactly what this world is needing. Together with innovative and groovey hardrock music both as zesty fruit-smoothies on the go, I feel.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    I haven't heard any of these hints or rumours.

All I know is he's very busy next year with his own projects. As well as The Black Beetle, he's hoping to do USRA (United States Robot Army - set in the same universe as The Black Beetle), From The Deep and Phantoms of Space. Beyond that, I don't know. I do know he's eager to do something Hellboy related, but last time he mentioned it on Twitter he said there was nothing planned. I think he'll be busy enough with just his own projects for a while.

Man, those look beautiful if those eventually become real books I'll natch them up in a heart beat.

BANNED

Default From The Deep posters...

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    Exactly, I'm more than willing to fork over what ever cash Francavilla wants to see these ideas come to life.

Sidney Leach Defender rubberchickenben's Avatar

Am I the only one confused because of the DC Black Beetle? Is that copyright infringement? Besides that, it looks pretty damn good. I checked it out in DHP and it certainly seemed quality.

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    I'd way rather he do his own books than Hellboy. The world needs more creator owned comics and he's teasing every book I want to read but doesn't exist, so. I'd love Hellboy by him, for sure, but I'd rather he do his own work.
    But as Guy Davis, Cameron Stewart and even Mike himself have shown, you can do things like Hellboy but still work on creator-owned. I mean Terry Moore is famous for his own works, but he's done stuff for Marvel (a Mary-Jane mini and some of Runaways).

Don't forget he's been doing covers for Archie as of late, too.

Quote Originally Posted by rubberchickenben View Post
    Am I the only one confused because of the DC Black Beetle? Is that copyright infringement? Besides that, it looks pretty damn good. I checked it out in DHP and it certainly seemed quality.
    I'm not sure. Francesco's Black Beetle made his debut on 2005, whereas DC's didn't show up until 2007, but I don't know much about copyright law.

I just thought. Francesco would be the most perfect choice ever for either a LoJo or Baltimore one-shot.