Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I thought it was pretty great, I loved the art though i think I preferred the Night Shift a little bit more but that could change as the plot thickens with further issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Anyone read issue one yet of No Way out? What did You guys think?

I liked the second half the issue More with the reveal of the cool villain. Art amazing as usual.
    I haven't read it yet. It'll be a while until I can get to a store (damn damn damn), but I know the first 10 pages are from the original Black Beetle ashcan in 2009, so if the book gets better in the second half, it can only mean Francavilla's improvements in the last three years are showing.
    Last edited by Middenway; 01-16-2013 at 05:56 PM. Reason: fixing a typo

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    I haven't read it yet. It'll be a while until I can get to a store (damn damn damn), but I know the first 10 pages are from the original Black Beetle ashcan in 2009, so if the book gets better in the second half, it can only mean Francavilla's improvements in the last three years are showing.
    If that's the case then I can say with confidence he has improved as a story teller since then as the beginning of the issue is what made me feel the Night Shift was stronger; the second half though really picks up considerably.

As you can see, the artwork has been changed a little since the ashcan:

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    If that's the case then I can say with confidence he has improved as a story teller since then as the beginning of the issue is what made me feel the Night Shift was stronger; the second half though really picks up considerably.
    I thought the first half had alot of exposition, introducing the character, the story. The villain, the story got better. I cant wait to learn more about the villain and who the Beetle is really.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

As you can see, the artwork has been changed a little since the ashcan:
    Interesting, while I like the added blue in contrast to the black in the upper panels present in issue#1 I like the more menacing, shadowy pose that the beetle has in the ashcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    I thought the first half had alot of exposition, introducing the character, the story. The villain, the story got better. I cant wait to learn more about the villain and who the Beetle is really.
    Yeah, it definitely picked up as it went, from the explosion on it was a whole new comic and I loved it.

I dug around on Pulp Sunday and found the original debut of No Way Out (billed as "part one of six") back in 2009:

I find the costume changes and such interesting.

For anyone interested, there's also another unfinished Black Beetle story on Pulp Sunday, this one from 2009-2010, Kara Böcek. There was actually a reference to it in No Way Out #1, so I think it's very likely we'll see this story released by Dark Horse in the near future.
    Last edited by Middenway; 01-17-2013 at 05:27 PM.

I dug around on Pulp Sunday and found the original debut of No Way Out (billed as "part one of six") back in 2009:

For anyone interested, there's also another unfinished Black Beetle story on Pulp Sunday, this one from 2009-2010, Kara Böcek. There was actually a reference to it in No Way Out #1, so I think it's very likely we'll see this story released by Dark Horse in the near future.
    Wow, now that's some great stuff, that Kara Boek story was awesome, I hope we do get to see the rest of it in one form or another.

The reprint cover for issue 1:

And the exclusive ComicsPRO cover (limited to 300 copies):

I remember these from back in the day i was fallowing his blog i was thinking to go back there and see what he's doin
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

The cover for the upcoming hardcover in August:

Also, the series is now an ongoing!
    Last edited by Middenway; 03-03-2013 at 07:53 AM.

The cover for the upcoming hardcover in August:

Also, the series is now an ongoing!
    Hardcover, nice. Any word on whether it's oversized or standard HC? (I'm buying either way, just curious.)

No idea, but the solicitations in the next week or two should answer that question.

Default Trade Hardcover details...

THE BLACK BEETLE — VOLUME 1: NO WAY OUT

August 27, 2013
    152 Pages, hardcover, 7" x 10"
    $19.99

After witnessing an explosion that decimates the city’s organized crime community, killing dozens, the Black Beetle—Colt City’s sleuthing sentinel—is on the hunt for answers and justice!

Follow Francesco Francavilla’s critically acclaimed pulp hero as he searches island prisons, dank sewers, and swanky nightclubs for the mysterious man known as Labyrinto.

The Black Beetle #1 is one of the most exhilarating, stunning superhero comics on the stands . . . This miniseries presents a high-stakes mystery realized through Francavilla’s intensely graphic style, full of innovative layouts and spectacular splash pages.” —The Onion’s A.V. Club

“I , FOR ONE, CANNOT WAIT TO GET MORE!” —Comic Book Resources

“The hard-boiled mystery hits the ground running and doesn’t pause to catch its breath.” —Nerdist
    Last edited by Middenway; 03-13-2013 at 06:24 AM.

Default New Five-issue Black Beetle

Necrologue is coming out in October.

Francesco Francavilla also mentioned on his twitter that he is working on scheduling U.S.R.A. (United States Robot Army) as well.

Last edited by Middenway; 07-17-2013 at 04:24 PM.