Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Hajime no Ippo

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Oh, boy.

The Shiritori thing was clever, but now Itagaki is just smacking the stuffing out of Saeki. I mean, it's not too bad now. But next chapter, I think the beating will be even worse than when Saeki was pounding Itagaki.
    Starlancer Flight: Morgan Valentine

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Itagaki's going to win.

That's certain. He's a main character after all, annoying little prick too but that's beside the point.

Is there at least a chance that Saeki can get to go out with some dignity and fight back properly instead of just being a patsy for Itagaki to walk all over?

Even as someone who like Itagaki I'm not liking the turn this fight has taken. One sided fights aren't fun.

It's over for Saeki. The body shots probably cut his ability to run, so he'll be a sitting duck for Itagaki.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtheboring, at LJ, on the subject of LotR fanfiction
    At this point, if they hooked up a generator to Prof. Tolkien's grave, the spinning would power half of Europe.

It's like hydroelectric power, only evil. ;)
    http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm393671.html

And for those who are just tuning in, Saeki is boned.

I can only wonder if he'll be destroyed next chapter or if he'll hang on for one more before being KO'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Praxis View Post
    Even as someone who like Itagaki I'm not liking the turn this fight has taken. One sided fights aren't fun.
    I agree. Honestly, it is like every boxer is unable to cope with the unexpected here, to a hilarious degree. We have gone from Saeki utterly dominating to switching it around. Personally, it was cooler when they were even.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Well... there goes that fight.

From an enjoyable and exciting speed battle where experience mattered to... whatever the hell this mess is.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

This is just... really dumb.

It doesn't help that I don't like Itagaki anyway.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

this match has turned into failure. i can't even be disappointed, because i haven't liked any other recent fights. the manga's best days clearly were long ago.

So.... when are we going to hold the wake for Saeki's dignity?

I half expected to see Itagaki's swollen eye open up again to reveal a sharingan.

He needs to fight someone important already. We know those second-rate guys who lost to Ippo won't beat him.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtheboring, at LJ, on the subject of LotR fanfiction
    At this point, if they hooked up a generator to Prof. Tolkien's grave, the spinning would power half of Europe.

It's like hydroelectric power, only evil. ;)
    http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm393671.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Well... there goes that fight.

From an enjoyable and exciting speed battle where experience mattered to... whatever the hell this mess is.

I agree. Honestly, it is like every boxer is unable to cope with the unexpected here, to a hilarious degree. We have gone from Saeki utterly dominating to switching it around. Personally, it was cooler when they were even. [Hazard]

you would think that being the more experienced boxer that Saeki would have learned to adapt by now. and the whole "Itagaiki isn't thinking so you can't predict his moves" stinks. when people stop thinking they go with their training and conditioning-- and for a more experienced fighter like Saeki-- he should be able to see through that conditioning.

speaking of which, for a guy who's "not thinking" Itagaki seems to be "instinctively" evading every single attack AND using a lot of complex feints and combos!

look at Naruto-- sometimes having a major supporting character lose a fight works to the writer's advantage: aka Rock Lee vs Gaara. which was one of the high-points of that manga.

Well, someone managed to get his head back in the game.

However, this round may very well be the last!

Transformers Animated fan

I'm definitley backing Saeki in this one. I hope he wins instead of Itagaki. But that's just me. The way I see it, Saeki has a lot more heart in him and a lot more weight on his shoulders.
    Sometimes you lose things which you don't expect losing. It doesn't make the hurt any less.