Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Hajime no Ippo

to anyone who knows real boxing better, would there be any advantage for Saeki in aiming for a referee stop by trying to swell up *both* Itagaki's eyes until he can't open either one? or would this likely expose him too much?

Quote Originally Posted by penguin-in-leather-jacket View Post
    to anyone who knows real boxing better, would there be any advantage for Saeki in aiming for a referee stop by trying to swell up *both* Itagaki's eyes until he can't open either one?
    It would probably take double the time and punches. Besides, if Itagaki has got a big blind spot on one side, why move to the other at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtheboring, at LJ, on the subject of LotR fanfiction
    At this point, if they hooked up a generator to Prof. Tolkien's grave, the spinning would power half of Europe.

It's like hydroelectric power, only evil. ;)
    http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm393671.html

Quote Originally Posted by Praxis View Post
    I kinda feel Randy deserved that fight too. For one he wasn't such a whinny bitch about the fight between their fathers.

Miyata: "My dad had to retire after fighting your dad. So I hate you. I hate you so much I called off my promised fight with Ippo just so I could fight you sooner. I will take revenge for my father."

Randy "You do know my dad died not long after that fight don't you. But don't worry I'm not the type to hold a grudge."

Miyata:"....I look like a douchebag don't I."

So I was rooting for Randy the whole fight. However I felt the fight was awesome till the very last chapter. Miyata already did he final put everything I have into this counter punch thing. And Randy took it full on and came back up again. That was just awesome. Then Miyata invented a new super punch on the spot and took him out. That was less awesome. I don't really mind that he won so much as how he did it. A little more creative finish would have helped.

Also the Itagaki fight is awesome. Feels like an a classic HnI fight. I actually like Itagaki a lot. His bold cockiness is a good foil to Ippo extreme timidity and shyness. I'm actually still rooting for him even though a lot of people on this board seem to want him to lose, I just want him to learn through his fights just like Ippo did.
    My feelings are very similar to yours about that part. I enjoyed the fight alot until the last chapter. I didnt expect much from Randy and Miyata before the fight. I was never big fan of Miyata and the whole father revenge thing i wasnt feeling it.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

New chapter is out.

This is probably the part where the match takes a turn that I'm not going to enjoy.

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

i smell a asspull.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Is it me, or has Saeki not learned from his experience with Ippo?
    Starlancer Flight: Morgan Valentine

yeah, this is definitely the beginning of Itagaki turning it around somehow. dammit. argh, i don't like him.

Well, you can't say I haven't warned you. Saeki is just a stepping stone for Itagaki The Genius.

On another subject, I've been reviewing Ippo's fights and I have noticed something. For all the people speak of him like a "machine" and say that he has no innate talent, he's shown to be very resourceful when it was needed. He came up with the Dempsey Roll on his own, and later with the stops. He learned how to do jabs just by observing Takamura's movements. He once spontaneously went southpaw to protect the left side of his body. Ippo's talent is sold short.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtheboring, at LJ, on the subject of LotR fanfiction
    At this point, if they hooked up a generator to Prof. Tolkien's grave, the spinning would power half of Europe.

ch964 is up... i think this can definitely be a way of Morikawa saying "Happy birthday, Ali", since Muhammad Ali turned 70 a few days back.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Annnd now the plot kicks in.
    Starlancer Flight: Morgan Valentine

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

So... Itagaki is cornered, has one blind eye and is facing an opponent that is as fast as him and more experienced, and is focused. But he can completley avoid him thanks to a trick.

Oh joy.

Nice way for Itagaki to get his head back in the game. The guy needed to lighten up.

I think I have an idea as to what he is doing, but I am not quite sure yet.

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

i think itagaki better watch his back or else the ogre might pay him a visit. remember that he's a close friend of ali's and i dont think he would like some punk ripping on his friend.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i think itagaki better watch his back or else the ogre might pay him a visit. remember that he's a close friend of ali's and i dont think he would like some punk ripping on his friend.
    Ogre? Hell Ali Jr. would smash him. IMO it would be nice to see an Ian McGregor cameo here. All that aside, I'll concur with Itagaki's asspulling something here on out. However, we may be looking at what both Shinoda and Ippo mentioned before: to lose would send Itagaki to a new level after his recovery and comeback fight, same way Ippo blossomed after he got beaten by Date.

At least with the Dempsey Roll, there's a story behind it and its development is explained as a kind of "concurrent re-evolution" of a nearly 100-year old move. Itagaki's just pulled magic footwork out of nowhere.
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we don’t have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Ogre? Hell Ali Jr. would smash him. IMO it would be nice to see an Ian McGregor cameo here. All that aside, I'll concur with Itagaki's asspulling something here on out. However, we may be looking at what both Shinoda and Ippo mentioned before: to lose would send Itagaki to a new level after his recovery and comeback fight, same way Ippo blossomed after he got beaten by Date.
    I just don't see that happening with Saeki. He doesn't seem important enough for that.