Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Hajime no Ippo

Takamura is incredible.

Two ridiculously fast guys are fighting like 20 meters away from him, going so damn fast the audience can't keep track of them, going so fast that by the time the referee faces left they are already in his right, and yet the bastard somehow notices one of them didn't use his right hand. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Sendo loses to Ippo for a second time at chapter.. lets see..266. The manga currently has more than 900 chapters so that's a lot of material to go through. Happy reading.
    WHOA...900 chapters! Thats a lot. Thanks...
    Busy! Busy! Busy!

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    New chapter is out.

If I wasn't rooting for Saeki before I would be rooting for him now. But since I was rooting for him before I am now super-rooting for him.
    count me in too. i havent rooted for someone fighting a main character since woli.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    count me in too. i havent rooted for someone fighting a main character since woli.
    I didn't really root for anyone in that fight. Mainly because it dragged on for too long.

But I never really thought that Ippo would lose. Hell, personally I figured out that he'd win via the accumulated damage thing.

Woli is one of the many side characters I would like to see get his own mini arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I didn't really root for anyone in that fight. Mainly because it dragged on for too long.

But I never really thought that Ippo would lose. Hell, personally I figured out that he'd win via the accumulated damage thing.

Woli is one of the many side characters I would like to see get his own mini arc.
    i was but not because i didnt like ippo. i love ippo to death. its just woli was so good and so honest that i couldnt help but hope he won. and i wouldnt have minded.

i've been rooting for Saeki since before this fight started, and was rooting for Karasawa before that. Itagaki just... bothers me. I don't think I've liked him since he beat his rival Imai Kyosuke, and I'm not sure I really liked him before then. Geromichi was a better kohai for Ippo.

Chapter out:

Prediction! His right punch will accelerate at the last moment.

It will land.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Chapter out:

Prediction! His right punch will accelerate at the last moment.

It will land.
    Yeah, I also got the feeling that this is some kind of ploy on Saeki's part. Though I wonder how well it'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i was but not because i didnt like ippo. i love ippo to death. its just woli was so good and so honest that i couldnt help but hope he won. and i wouldnt have minded.
    Me, I was hoping Woli would lose just to open the bets regarding natural talents again. There's a huge recurring theme in HnI about "naturals" being so good without even trying that they make normal people useless no matter how hard they train. And that's just what they have been doing for hundreds of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by penguin-in-leather-jacket View Post
    i've been rooting for Saeki since before this fight started, and was rooting for Karasawa before that. Itagaki just... bothers me. I don't think I've liked him since he beat his rival Imai Kyosuke, and I'm not sure I really liked him before then. Geromichi was a better kohai for Ippo.
    Geromichi was awesome. Hope we can see him again one day. At the pace the series goes, though, it might take a few years. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtheboring, at LJ, on the subject of LotR fanfiction
    At this point, if they hooked up a generator to Prof. Tolkien's grave, the spinning would power half of Europe.

It's like hydroelectric power, only evil. ;)
    http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm393671.html

Woli was a joke and a parody of boxning. One of the few times i lost respect for Morikawa and thought Ippo should have lost or owned Woli.

Im few chapters behind Itagaki fights, this championship class A or whatever.

Since Ippo last fights has sucked im excited to catch to other characters fights :)
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

The thing about Itagaki is that, not only he is a "genius", figuring things out on his own much better than he could be taught, but his style is also completely different from Ippo's. He has nothing to learn from Ippo, and no reason to look up to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtheboring, at LJ, on the subject of LotR fanfiction
    At this point, if they hooked up a generator to Prof. Tolkien's grave, the spinning would power half of Europe.

It's like hydroelectric power, only evil. ;)
    http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm393671.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vaiyt View Post
    The thing about Itagaki is that, not only he is a "genius", figuring things out on his own much better than he could be taught, but his style is also completely different from Ippo's. He has nothing to learn from Ippo, and no reason to look up to him.
    Ippo is an awesome boxer, the Japanese Champion, and has beaten other national champions.

Really? He has no reasons to look up to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaiyt View Post
    I dig Itagaki as character, boxer but in the ring he is just another ability genius like Miyata but he hasnt grown through Miyata's struggles.

Ippo is Jap champion, world level boxer whose power, infighting is feared.

Itagaki respect him becuase he wants to became a champion too, feared. To be the new king you have to fight the old king. Also they are friends and he knows how Ippo trains and doesnt have the same natural ability. Easy to respect when you train with world level boxer.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Chapter's out:

Heh, about what I expected (though I was wrong about how). Itakagi's biggest weakness. His stats and skills are insane, but he's too naive. The kid lacks experience.

Now I am really wondering how this is going to end up. He can't fall back on stats here.
    Last edited by Hazard; 12-29-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Chapter's out:

Heh, about what I expected (though I was wrong about how). Itakagi's biggest weakness. His stats and skills are insane, but he's too naive. The kid lacks experience.

Now I am really wondering how this is going to end up. He can't fall back on stats here.
    pretty much. saeki's playing chess while itagaki is playing checkers. itagaki thinks that just being faster than saeki will grant him the win while saeki is thinking 2 steps ahead.