Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Loose Ends That Annoy You

By the very nature of comic books, there are inevitably going to be loose ends that never get tied up, or storylines that never get resolved. Would like to hear some of your most memorable instances.

A recent one for me was within Fear Itself. I was looking forward to seeing both the Thing and the Hulk come to the final battle with the Serpent. Obviously, both had a fair reason to be ticked off with the Serpent. It's been awhile since Ben Grimm really lost his cool on someone, and it's always good to see Hulk unleash on someone who really deserves it. Yet, the final battle came and went and neither showed their face! The Thing seemed to pretty much shrug his shoulders after Franklin cured him and go "Well, that's that, back to the FF!" spoilers:
    (Although he just showed up in Fearless #4, so perhaps that will provide closure.)
    end of spoilers

Where was Cap skydiving to in the middle of Fear Itself?
    The dude just left and in the next issue he was just back.

Everything that didn't survive from the end of Brubaker's Daredevil run to the start of Waid's. Where's Dakota? Where's Master Izo? I was enjoying those stories.
    I gave Iris West -- the kiss of death!

BANNED

There was a story back when Ben Reilly was still Spider-Man, which had several characters get kidnapped only to have them be in the books the very next month. It was stated that the issue was resolved off panel, but I always wonder what that story was supposed to be or if they ever explained what did happen.

Ghost rider...............just all of ghost rider.....
    The world's Number 1 Ghost Rider Fan!!!!
    Reading
    Mighty Avengers. Uncanny Avengers* Thunderbolts* Justice League(Forever Evil)

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Quote Originally Posted by stevecanuck16 View Post
    By the very nature of comic books, there are inevitably going to be loosThe Thing seemed to pretty much shrug his shoulders after Franklin cured him and go "Well, that's that, back to the FF!" spoilers:
    (Although he just showed up in Fearless #4, so perhaps that will provide closure.)
    end of spoilers
    That was one of my biggest gripes as well. The Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Idol of Millions turned rampaging monster was sneaked off by Franklin and Val back into the Baxter Building and no one, not even Mayor Jameson, is asking for accountability for his levelling a section of Manhattan? Even Reed would be hard-pressed to repair the damage done to his image.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

BANNED

The whereabouts of The Exemplars

The search for Wasp

The end of the last Runaways series. Ending the title on a cliffhanger like that was a makor jerk move.

Why the hell isn't Doc Strange trying to rescue Casey?? (his teen sidekick in the latest mini that got taken to "hell" cos of him)

I mean c'mon, that is difficult to ignore! They have since used Strange in NA and now Defenders in such a jovial tone, and never even mentioned it!

Wheres the adventures of the Monkey King? He got a great one shot in FI, and is now nowhere.

In Immortal Iron Fist, Danny and Luke re-opened Heroes For Hire & never had a single job!

Whatever happened to Ink? He was empowered by a fax of the Phoenix Force and never seen again- u'd think thats the kind of thing Cyclops would want to look in on now and again.

Scorpion's paternity

The Maestro (Hulk's evil future self from Future Imperfect). Last time we saw him (Over a decade ago I think), he had reconstituted himself almost completely although he needed the Destroyer to take on his current counterpart. He then got buried under rocks, which should be no problem for him. Sure, the character has shown up since, but it's usually either an alternate version or chronologically set before Future Imperfect.

Virtually no follw up to Silent War or The Last Defenders.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

This is going to sound really lame, but the new Zodiac from just before Heroes Reborn. "Oooh, look..... scary new Libra doing stuff. Very ominous....."

Then nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fury View Post
    Silent War was the whole Inhumans at "war" with the US or whomever due to Quicksilver's shenanigans stealing the Terrigne mists, and the US not giving them back, right? I think that one could be talked around and whisked away due to BlackBolt getting dead, series of cosmic wars, etc... Even though BB is back, the landscape has changed so much that this is no longer an issue - they (Inhumans) have much bigger issues afoot, and it's been long enough that even Earth's political landscape has changed since then. Just my two cents...

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fury View Post
    Dude, read Vengance to catch the last defenders!