Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Mina Adapts "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" Trilogy

DC Comics has announced crime novelist and "Hellblazer" scribe Denise Mina as writer of Stieg Larsson's "Millennium" Trilogy graphic novels coming in 2012 from DC's Vertigo imprint.

Full article here.

I am definitely interested in these. The books and the movies are fantastic!!

BANNED

Milk it.

Whether it's the bestselling novel series or the upcoming film starring Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara,
    ...or that other trilogy of films. Or this pointless adaptation in an attempt to grab cash without having to create anything new and interesting.

Honestly, with no news of the artist, I can't see why anyone would care. Announce a writer? It's... um... already written.

And really, two GNs per book? Lame. Milk it...

DEAD MEANS DEAD DAMNIT Bedlam66's Avatar

Meh.........
    -JLA MEMBER-

JPEG League of America

Syphre Zero:
    Bless us, oh Lord, and thank You for the gift of Ed Benes which You have bestowed upon us. Grant him his rightful reward and favor him as You have Michael Turner and all Your other children who draw women really, REALLY well.

http://www.badpressonline.com/
    CBR DC Wallpaper Thread Newsarama Wallpaper Thread CBR All Comic Art Wallpaper Thread

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Hope they do the books justice!
    Comics still reading: Floppies- Saga TPB- GI Joe ARAH, Sixth Gun, Hawkeye, Usagi Yojimbo. DC nu52 is unreadable...

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    Milk it.

...or that other trilogy of films. Or this pointless adaptation in an attempt to grab cash without having to create anything new and interesting.

Honestly, with no news of the artist, I can't see why anyone would care. Announce a writer? It's... um... already written.

So, I take it you're not interested in film adaptations? Or, is it just comics that shouldn't adapt from other mediums?

"It's... already written" is cute. It's dismissive of what goes into an adaptation from medium to medium, but cute.

BANNED

Adaptations are fine. I watched the trilogy they adapted from the books. I'll probably see Fincher's (kinda pointless) adaptation as well. But, a comic adaptation at this point just seems useless and a cash grab.

I like comics. Comics adapted from books should have awesome artists attached, (since, ya know, the story has already been told with words. Give me an actual reason to bother reading it again in a visual medium) but rarely do.

So yeah, you got some great crime writer or whoever to adapt it to a visual medium... even though that person's craft isn't exactly visual... and no word on who's drawing it?

Yeah, that's a big fat meh in my book. Especially when you're turning 3 perfectly sound books (and 3, maybe even 6 movies) into 6 comic books. Meh.

How can anyone actually be all, like, oh fuck yeah, about this? Is it just me?

I'm more interested in Mina's adaptation than Fincher's.

I agree, that ain't saying much, but at least she seems to have decent ideas to differentiate her version. I won't rush out and buy it, but I'll definitely check out a copy and possibly purchase.

I don't know that there are really that many more crap comics adaptations from other mediums than there are, say, horrible movie adaptations, though.

BANNED

Certainly not. But, I'd just read the book instead of a comic if the art is crap.

Leonardo Manco, or so say some sources.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    I actually like that--gives the books more room to breathe and makes it more likely to actually adapt each of these 600-700 page novels.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    I actually like that--gives the books more room to breathe and makes it more likely to actually adapt each of these 600-700 page novels.
    I agree.

I'm interested; however, I'll wait on the reviews before I jump on it.

I'll be waiting for the hardcover collections...

Kinda like I did (do) with the Stephen King The Stand books and Do Android Dream of Electric Sheep collected editions.
    Just like I wait for TPBs from Vertigo and any other tittle I might be interested in reading/owning.

but that's just moi

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    Leonardo Manco, or so say some sources.
    Manco is my fav HB artist, what is he doing these days except maybe this ?

I hope he comes back to Vertigo, other comics i can support.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RawShark View Post
    I'll be waiting for the hardcover collections...

Kinda like I did (do) with the Stephen King The Stand books and Do Android Dream of Electric Sheep collected editions.
    Just like I wait for TPBs from Vertigo and any other tittle I might be interested in reading/owning.

but that's just moi
    From the way it's worded, I think each of these are going to be OGNs.