Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    You got me. I've been planning this conspiracy for years..

I should start posting under a fake name.

Seriously, though, you were right about the phrasing...though you were completely misled about the context by the podcast.

I regularly say good things about all sorts of comics on my twitter feed. Even ones we don't publish. I also mock Marvel more often than not.

SW
    Whatever.
    There's no sense in trying to argue with you, you can do no wrong apparently.
    Once again: I definitely don't believe you but I don't want to stick around and debate that with you because it won't go anywhere.
    I proved my point and showed that I wasn't making unfounded accusations, and that my 'faded memory' (as someone put it earlier) is apparently pretty reliable.
    Come visit my blog, http://uatutheblogger.blogspot.com/
    It'll get better, I'm workin on it

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by LudaChris View Post
    Whatever.
    There's no sense in trying to argue with you, you can do no wrong apparently.
    Once again: I definitely don't believe you but I don't want to stick around and debate that with you because it won't go anywhere.
    I proved my point and showed that I wasn't making unfounded accusations, and that my 'faded memory' (as someone put it earlier) is apparently pretty reliable.
    It was an unfounded accusation consider your lack of interest in any context. Me suggesting I'm happy a creator is off a book is more than a little out of character.

The line I wrote is: "I actually more excited about Wonder Woman And Superman now." Suggesting I liked the previous stuff as well.

Just to play it out though, in your imagination just how much do you think I hate DC and the people I pretend are my friends there?

Let me have it. I can take it.

SW
    Last edited by stephen wacker; 12-10-2011 at 02:01 PM.

The context was JMS left those books. And then he tweeted that he was now excited about said books.
    It's more than understandable that someone would view that as snark.
    I don't buy for a second what Wacker said up there, by the way.
    Even if, for the sake of argument, we were to accept your version of events; we've still got Wacker expressing excitement that a by-most-every-account awful run on two books was coming to an end versus an self-serving and badly informed passive aggressive swipe at a whole creative team.

I know which one was in bad form and it isn't the guy looking forward to a new creative team on Superman and Wonder Woman.

BANNED

Mark Waid will come down on a dude when he sees his friends and artform being disrespected

http://www.facebook.com/mark.waid/posts/174696715915457

Half an hour later, still fuming at JMSís shitty passive-aggressiveness. I should probably go walk it off. Maybe with a long walk. A long, dull, pointless, boring walk. Across America.
    Ö
    That I wonít finish.
    Shots fired. Mark Waid don't give a ****.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by Eobard Thawne View Post
    Whoa, when I read that post it sure seems like a dig at JMS.
    By the same measure I think you are taking JMS' posting out of context. To turn JMS' chart into an insult against the current creative team is disingenuous. You inferred quite a bit on that one and threw a tantrum. Can't have it both ways Steph. You're just over sensitive, but that's why we love you. Not too late to apologize to JMS.
    JMS should be the one apologizing - both for his passive aggressive swipes that use flawed data and ignore the context of the market and for his subpar runs.

Nothing's wrong about getting excited over the next batch of writers. But like I said, Waid knows what's up re: JMS.
    And I hope when you think of me years down the line
    You can't find one good thing to say.
    And I hope that if I found the strength to walk out
    You'd stay the hell out of my way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Even if, for the sake of argument, we were to accept your version of events; we've still got Wacker expressing excitement that a by-most-every-account awful run on two books was coming to an end versus an self-serving and badly informed passive aggressive swipe at a whole creative team.

I know which one was in bad form and it isn't the guy looking forward to a new creative team on Superman and Wonder Woman.
    "My version of the events"?
    Let me recount what happened here...
    Jms leaves wonder woman and superman.
    Wacker expresses his newfound excitement about the books through twitter.
    A year later, I confront him with said tweet quoting pretty much exactly what he said.
    Instead of explaining the context of what that meant or what it could mean, he instantly denies it ever happened and continues to say my accusations are untrue.
    I confront him with the tweet in question, showing the hard evidence that was demanded by several people, and lo and behold, the backpedaling begins. "Well it's all about the context...."
    It wasn't about context earlier, it apparently never happened before I showed that it indeed did.
    How you could see any other version but "my version" is beyond me.
    And I'm not sticking up for JMS, what he did was wrong. My original post was that I find it ridiculous that Wacker is now pulling the class card on him, which I still stand by.

Reverse Flash

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    You got me. I've been planning this conspiracy for years..

I should start posting under a fake name.

Seriously, though, you were right about the phrasing...though you were completely misled about the context by the podcast.

I regularly say good things about all sorts of comics on my twitter feed. Even ones we don't publish. I also mock Marvel more often than not.

SW
    Please don't stop posting under your real name! My e-mail to Marvel with your messages to me claiming that "Marvel doesn't want your business" and "I am telling retailers to ban you" with my threat to drop all my books got me the coveted "what can we do to get your business back" reply, which usually means free stuff! Thanks Steph! You're one in a million. Please continue your insults, they're really paying off for me.

Wacker expresses excitement about the books through twitter.
    A year later, I confront him with said tweet quoting pretty much exactly what he said.
    Instead of explaining the context of what that meant or what it could mean, he instantly denies it ever happened and continues to say my accusations are untrue.
    I confront him with the tweet in question, showing the hard evidence that was demanded by several people, and lo and behold, the backpedaling begins. "Well it's all about the context...."
    It wasn't about context earlier, it apparently never happened before I brought I showed that it indeed did.
    And I'm not sticking up for JMS, what he did was wrong. My original post was that I find it ridiculous that Wacker is now pulling the class card on him, which I still stand by.
    Except that what you implied regarding his statement wasn't what happened. You acted like he slighted JMS. But it wasn't about him being glad JMS was off the book. It was about being excited for the next writers. Which isn't too surprising when a new run is starting and the previous run wasn't exactly up there on the list of all time classics.

Quote Originally Posted by NickFury90 View Post
    Wow, JMS' comment was the worst case of passive-aggressive douchebaggery I've ever seen. Wacker can be pretty damn childish himself, but at least he owns it.
    Actually, JMS' BABYLON FIVE has reached cult T.V. status;his comics work (on Spidey) is being discovered by fans, like myself, who missed it;his brief run on THOR were the books that sold out immediately during BORDER'S going-out-of-business sale, while Spidey's non-ESSENTIALS volumes languished on the shelf until the prices dropped further and those same THOR compilations move fairly steadily at my LCS. Does that mean Thor outsells Spider-Man? Nope. It means JMS' work has earned the respect it deserves and those who missed it the first time are grabbing the compilations while they are in print. I would imagine it's similar to the Geoff Johns phenomenon. Having said all of this, it's plain to me that JMS doesn't have to rely on "passive-aggressive douchebaggery", he just wanted to have the last laugh...
    FAV Comics: Lil' ABNER, DICK TRACY, BATMAN, UNCLE SCROOGE, KAMUI, TOMB OF DRACULA, THE MIGHTY THOR by LEE\KIRBY, WONDER WOMAN by PEREZ\KAREN BERGER, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1-206 and EC COMICS!

Quote Originally Posted by Regulus B. View Post
    Except that what you said didn't happen. It wasn't about him being glad JMS was off the book. It was about being excited for the next writers. Which isn't too surprising when a new run is starting and the previous run wasn't exactly up there on the list of all time classics.
    Then why deny tweeting it in the first place if that was the case? Answer me that.

Veteran Member

Then why deny tweeting it in the first place if that was the case? Answer me that.
    He's right. I can recall verbatim each of my 5000 tweets.

Your suggestion was that I celebrated someone leaving a book. That's untrue.

SW
    Last edited by stephen wacker; 12-10-2011 at 02:10 PM.

A) It's altogether possible that he forgot. I don't remember crap I posted on facebook months ago. And it wasn't a big deal to anybody but folks like you and the people on that other site. Unsurprising. And B) If you wanted him to think of a time he took a dig at JMS, it probably wouldn't register. Because that's not what he was doing.

"My version of the events"?
    Let me recount what happened here...
    Wacker expresses his newfound excitement about the books through twitter.
    It wasn't about context earlier, it apparently never happened before I showed that it indeed did.
    Well, you at least missed the step where it's announced that Chris Roberson and Phil Hester would be taking over for the departing JMS. Lord knows I was excited about the Superman book again when I heard that Roberson was coming in and I can't have been the only one.

Now, how is that the same thing as putting together some faulty numbers to take a shot at a creative team?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulus B. View Post
    A) It's altogether possible that he forgot. I don't remember crap I posted on facebook months ago. And it wasn't a big deal to anybody but folks like you and the people on that other site. Unsurprising. And B) If you wanted him to think of a time he took a dig at JMS, it probably wouldn't register. Because that's not what he was doing.
    Once again: I quoted almost verbatim what he said. Instead of explaining the context of that (which once again, he could easily have done since I quoted him almost to at T), he openly denied it.
    That in and of itself pretty much proves my point. I can't believe some of you bought the backpedaling, it's painfully obvious what happened