Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Axel-In-Charge - Dec 9, 2011

Wrapping a week of news on Marvel's next mega event, Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso digs into the particulars of "AvX" including who will be involved from FF to Cable and how many tie-ins fans should expect.

Full article here.

Brian writes "AvX" and it feels like a Brian Bendis comic, not a comic written by committee.
    .....................................eh.

:|

Alonso: "AvX" is 12 issues long, shipping bi-weekly over six months, so it's going to have a lot inertia. Every two weeks, you get a new chapter of the story; every two months, you get a game-changing twist that escalates the stakes. Each Act will feature one double-sized issue and there will be a prologue -- "AvX" #0 -- by Brian, Jason and Frank Cho.
    There goes my money.
    You're superior to pryde in my eyes -tlp

Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

Glad to hear the Thunderbolts are getting some anniversary love. That Bagley cover is great! I count it a blessing that they aren't going to get dragged into AvX.

As far as that goes, sounds like the usual suspects, with a maybe on Marcus Johnson and Valkyrie. Though I'm very curious to see exactly how Alonso's definition of 'integral role' plays out for Luke Cage.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    .....................................eh.

:|

There goes my money.
    I'd say, not mine, because I'm not that interested in the Box o' Chocolates approach for both the writer and artists, but they'll probably be double shipping the heck out of all the X-books and the Avenger books for that six months too.

Seriously, may be time to drop some books.
    Last edited by Rheged; 12-09-2011 at 02:31 PM.

So far the best news for me is that there won't be 7 million tie in mini series to buy! When was the last time that happened???

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    I'd say, not mine, because I'm not that interested in the Box o' Chocolates approach for both the writer and artists, but they'll probably be double shipping the heck out of all the X-books and the Avenger books for that six months too.

Seriously, may be time to drop some books.
    I will buy 30 issue for Jason Aaron, and Copiel art alone.
    You're superior to pryde in my eyes -tlp

Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

BANNED

I hate when they say stuff like "character who aren't in the spotlight like Hawkeye, Cable and Iron Fist....

Please, Hawkeye is in 3 different books at all times, Iron Fist is in two right now and recently had a solo series. Cable hasn't even been dead that long! I don't understand why Marvel has so much trouble elevating different characters in these big event stories. It seems like a natural thing to do.

"Of course he follows up with, "Of course, look for Marvel's biggest stars to eat up the screen: Cap, Cyclops, Wolverine, Iron Man, Emma Frost, Thor, Spider-Man, Hulk..."

I get that Marvel has it's main players, but they only hurt themselves by completely leaving so many other characters in the dust constantly. Even worse, they have ONE woman included in that list, and she is terrible. She's little more then Cyclops girlfriend and everyone knows it. I am glad Hope and Scarlet Witch will play important roles though.

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    So far the best news for me is that there won't be 7 million tie in mini series to buy! When was the last time that happened???
    That actually is great news. Maybe Marvel is finally realizing that oversaturation with pointless tie ins is driving away a lot of people.

This is why the Phoenix Force chooses Squirrel Girl...

Axel, you are a sick puppy. I love it.
    "Because Squirrel Girl is too pure to fall prey to a zombie virus."
    - Rurik

Straight Edge

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    According to Bleeding Cool, only Avengers, New Avengers, Uncanny and W&TXM will be tie ins, plus a Frontline-type book which I guess is the one that Axel was referring to. Not bad.
    CaptainAmerica Hawkeye Avengers NewAvengers UncannyAvengers AvengersWorld

Quote Originally Posted by YouthofToday View Post
    According to Bleeding Cool, only Avengers, New Avengers, Uncanny and W&TXM will be tie ins, plus a Frontline-type book which I guess is the one that Axel was referring to. Not bad.
    Gage has already said that both Avengers Academy and X-Men Legacy will be part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    I will buy 30 issue for Jason Aaron, and Copiel art alone.
    I'm sure Marvel is glad to hear you are making up the numbers for those of us who aren't buying.

"With the world's biggest super-teams going to war, would Cap think to tap, say, the Hulk?"

Ok, this sounds like Hulk and not Rulk to me...Rulk is currently in the team so why would Cap have to think to tap him? This sounds like Cap would pull the old original card carrying one...haha

"Of course, look for Marvel's biggest stars to eat up the screen: Cap, Cyclops, Wolverine, Iron Man, Emma Frost, Thor, Spider-Man, Hulk..."

And again here too, Hulk is in this league, but Rulk sure isn't..from the "biggest stars" perspective.

Otherwise Axel needs to remember which character he is talking about Red Hulk or Hulk...

Hulk used to be an Avenger and Cap thinking of tapping him to join in would make sense and he will be in the movie...which Axel does hope will bring people to this series.

Would be fun to see Hulk show up!!

A nice AiC for a change. I like that there won't be many tie-ins. Thank you! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Greengo View Post
    "With the world's biggest super-teams going to war, would Cap think to tap, say, the Hulk?"
    I'd much rather have Cap tap, say Namor. You know, his old war buddy? The guy who actually has some pull with the X-Men, amongst others. And who he also negotiated with in the Avengers Defenders War.

But of course, I'm being silly. Hulk and Hawkeye are in the Avengers movie next year, so the comics have to support that.