Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

i dont like his outfit i prefer his Spider-Island or Liu Kang attire

he should be in bruce lees yellow jump suit

does anyone have a scan of shang chi in ironman 525, i heard iron man builds him a suit, i thought it might be the one for the marvel now avengers series

does anyone have a scan of shang chi in ironman 525, i heard iron man builds him a suit, i thought it might be the one for the marvel now avengers series

Quote Originally Posted by jameszahra View Post
    Unfortunately, there was a misprint in the solicits for that issue. Shang wasn't shown .
    "I am a man of peace."
    "A man of peace who fights like ten tigers."

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Unfortunately, there was a misprint in the solicits for that issue. Shang wasn't shown .
    I know. I would have purchased 2 copies if he did.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Thought I'd share this part of an interview that Jonathan Hickman had over at Newsarama about the Avengers team.
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/jona...-avengers.html

Here, Hickman speaks specifically about Shang Chi:

Nrama: Way back in July in the original Entertainment Weekly article that announced Marvel NOW!, you mentioned Shang-Chi would be playing a part, but I haven't heard much about the character since then. Is he still in the mix?

Hickman:Oh, absolutely. The way we're doing this, structurally, is that we have these big adventures where everybody's in the book. Then we have a series of one-off issues where we have smaller teams. He's in the big first thing, and then he's fighting for airtime along with everybody else, because there are so many people in the book.
    He's got big stuff in issue #6, and then again in issue #9, I think; maybe #10. He serves a really specific purpose, and I think people are going to dig that. It's always good to have a calming influence in the room that can also punch through a wall, I say. Cool character, excited as hell to be writing him.
    Ha, now I think that's a great take on Shang. Will be looking forward to reading those issues.
    "I am a man of peace."

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Thought I'd share this part of an interview that Jonathan Hickman had over at Newsarama about the Avengers team.
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/jona...-avengers.html

Here, Hickman speaks specifically about Shang Chi:

Ha, now I think that's a great take on Shang. Will be looking forward to reading those issues.
    Thanks for posting this Tien Long! Greatly appreciated
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

does the new outfit at least have some simple gloves?

That is absolutely what Shang is about! I'm looking forward to reading what Hickman has in store!

I don't know how this is possible, considering Aleph's powerhouse-like portrayal. I'm hoping his leg was at least damaged beforehand, and Shang didn't suddenly just gain super powers.
    Last edited by Geno; 12-21-2012 at 04:33 PM.

In Avengers #2, Stark recruits Shang by implying that he can enhance his MA skills with technology.
    Mario Di Giacomo

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post

I don't know how this is possible, considering Aleph's powerhouse-like portrayal. I'm hoping his leg was at least damaged beforehand, and Shang didn't suddenly just gain super powers.
    Loved this scene from the preview. However, as I previously mentioned over on the Avengers board, I hope it's the opposite and that Shang is just using pure skill and ability here. If it is a Stark enhancement...well, the more I think about it, Captain America uses a shield and Daredevil uses his billy club. These weapons don't distract from the fact that these two are some of the best martial artists in the Marvel Universe. A weapon wouldn't take anything away from Shang being one of the best empty handed martial artists on the planet. Just hope we get to see him demonstrate that empty handed mastery.

Also, I have to say, while I was leery about the costume, I'm digging it now. It seems to have uniform look with the rest of the new members of the Avengers team and looks to be very functional. While it may not have a dragon on it, Bruce Lee's track suit didn't have a dragon either............but a dragon wouldn't have hurt
    "I am a man of peace."

Loved this scene from the preview. However, as I previously mentioned over on the Avengers board, I hope it's the opposite and that Shang is just using pure skill and ability here. If it is a Stark enhancement...well, the more I think about it, Captain America uses a shield and Daredevil uses his billy club. These weapons don't distract from the fact that these two are some of the best martial artists in the Marvel Universe. A weapon wouldn't take anything away from Shang being one of the best empty handed martial artists on the planet. Just hope we get to see him demonstrate that empty handed mastery.

Also, I have to say, while I was leery about the costume, I'm digging it now. It seems to have uniform look with the rest of the new members of the Avengers team and looks to be very functional. While it may not have a dragon on it, Bruce Lee's track suit didn't have a dragon either............but a dragon wouldn't have hurt
    Would you really consider shang the best empty handed martial artist? I ask this not for debate of who is the best but in his classic series Shang was always using weapons to great effect. Many of his classic battle with The Cat consisted of both of them using weapons. In a more recent team up where Wolverine goes to Shang for training, Shang tools Logan with weapons. My point is that when Shang picks up a weapon, he is an even more effective combatant.