Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

recently picked up milk & cheese. i've been slowly working my way through it and have been loving it.

tmnt: ult collection vol. 1 and blacksad are on order. looking forward to both of those.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

Has anyone picked up the new Dark Horse Serenity Volume 1 2nd Edition? I just received it in the mail today, and Dark Horse changed the trade dress on the spine slightly from what is present on Serenity Volume 2 2nd Edition and the one release they did of The Shepard's Tale. Kind of annoying (especially since they decided to revise and change the covers in reverse order to match up with they way they printed the cover for The Shepard's Tale). Now I'm wondering if they're going to reprint Serenity Volume 2 2nd Edition and The Shepard's Tale with the new spine trade dress that matches Serenity Volume 1 2nd Edition, or if it'll just all be left mismatched.

Oh, I had no idea this thread existed! Weird.

I don't have many independent HCs, Deluxes or Omnibuseseseses. I've got the first two Buffy Season 8 Library Editions (and pre-ordered the 3rd), as well as the Valve Presents volume, all of which are oversized. I've also preordered the Fear Agent Omnibus and I'll probably be picking up the Chew Omnivore Editions quite soon. I'm also now looking forward to the Krishna book from this month's Image solicits. I'd never heard of it before, but after seeing some of the art I doubt I'll be able to say no. Same for the Butcher Baker OHC, which I read the first issue of for free on Comixology.
    Oversized Hardcover Videos!
    Latest uploads - The Planetary Omnibus, Invisibles Deluxe, Before Watchmen: Nite/Owl Dr Manhattan, Wasteland Apocalyptic Edition

Quote Originally Posted by batman_pwns View Post
    It's 8 issues actually. The Raphael one-shot is included. Also keep in mind that these TMNT comics were all 40 pages of story, double the size of the traditional 20 page comic.
    And the book is oversized. The HC is well done, I think it's a bargain. I've bought all three and plan to buy the rest.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    And the book is oversized. The HC is well done, I think it's a bargain. I've bought all three and plan to buy the rest.
    I ended up getting the first volume and it was good. I liked the annotations after the episodes, but they definitely had a diminishing quality the further into the book you got. I'll definitely pick up the other two eventually, and I've heard they're putting out a fourth volume, but are they making more beyond four? I didn't think there were more Eastman/Laird issues to stretch it out more.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I ended up getting the first volume and it was good. I liked the annotations after the episodes, but they definitely had a diminishing quality the further into the book you got. I'll definitely pick up the other two eventually, and I've heard they're putting out a fourth volume, but are they making more beyond four? I didn't think there were more Eastman/Laird issues to stretch it out more.
    Yeah a fourth is coming. I imagine more. They are including issues illustrated by others as long as either Eastman or Laird wrote the issue, skipping only the issues that neither had any hand in I guess. I wish they had collected the entire series though.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    Yeah a fourth is coming. I imagine more. They are including issues illustrated by others as long as either Eastman or Laird wrote the issue, skipping only the issues that neither had any hand in I guess. I wish they had collected the entire series though.
    At least 5 in total.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

I feel so bad right now. I was moving some comics and dropped my copy of usagi yojimbo the complete fantagraphics and while the books are fine, the slipcase broke. I am gonna try to fix it but I wonder if I can get just a replacement slip case somewhere.

https://shop.blindferret.com/LFG/pro...fg-1-3-omnibus

Looking For Group Omnibus

If I didnt already have volumes 1-3 I would buy this. Its such a good series.

So what's Amazon's problem with Buffy Library volume 2? Just too stupid to pack it correctly thing, I hope. I was hoping to wait to buy this one.
    David Bowie fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ramage View Post
    So what's Amazon's problem with Buffy Library volume 2? Just too stupid to pack it correctly thing, I hope. I was hoping to wait to buy this one.
    Assuming it's the same problem as mine (in the UK), it's because of printing errors. My copy had multiple errors throughout the book, with portions of completely random pages printed over other pages. They're sending me a new copy straight away though, so maybe it's a different problem in the US and my copy was just one of the unlucky few.
    Oversized Hardcover Videos!
    Latest uploads - The Planetary Omnibus, Invisibles Deluxe, Before Watchmen: Nite/Owl Dr Manhattan, Wasteland Apocalyptic Edition

It seems IDW cancelled the Godzilla Kingdom of Monster OHC.

How's everyone liking the Goon Hardcovers? Love them but kind of wishing for a bigger book like a Marvel Omnibus size or better yet a DC Absolutes size. It's such great art!

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    I feel so bad right now. I was moving some comics and dropped my copy of usagi yojimbo the complete fantagraphics and while the books are fine, the slipcase broke. I am gonna try to fix it but I wonder if I can get just a replacement slip case somewhere.
    my copy of that book is absolutely battered, including broken slipcase, but at least i got it cheap when it was OOP is my consolation.

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post
    Assuming it's the same problem as mine (in the UK), it's because of printing errors. My copy had multiple errors throughout the book, with portions of completely random pages printed over other pages. They're sending me a new copy straight away though, so maybe it's a different problem in the US and my copy was just one of the unlucky few.
    For what it's worth, I got mine from Bookdepository and it's fine. So at least it's not all of them. In fact, when I got it, I found myself thinking that this is how all publishers should do hardcovers. For a $30 cover price, we get 11 issues and extras, in a mega oversized but still manageable hardcover, with sewn binding, a bookmark ribbon, and fantastic paperstock. What's not to like??
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .