Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Marvel's "Avengers Vs. X-Men" Press Conference LIVE!

The top editors at Marvel grill the "Avengers Vs. X-Men" writing team of Brian Bendis, Jason Aaron, Matt Fraction, Ed Brubaker and Jonathan Hickman on the battle lines of Marvel's 2012 event, and CBR has a LIVE report.

Full article here.

This could be pretty good. I wonder if it ties into Cable vs. the Avengers.

BANNED

The avengers have Thor? Well then this might actually be a fight

Every detail they offer makes me even more excited about this event! It looks like there will be some major loyalty issues. It already seems as though Beast and Wolverine will side with the Avengers. Storm will have a major decision to make since it was announced that she was linking up with the Avengers a while back. Plus, we got cosmic elements with the Phoenix Force thrown into the mix! Point One already showed Nova making a comeback. Hope that means more including another red haired, green eyed woman that isn't named Hope Summers. Not only that, I'm now more excited about X-Sanction as well! If it's a prelude to Avengers vs. X-men, then I think I'm officially over my high over DC's new 52. I'm ready to embrace another Marvel event!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

"'Avengers Vs. X-Men' is structured completely differently from any event we've ever done," Tom Brevoort added, saying that the five-man team broke out the overall storyline over the course of multiple summits before Bendis and Aaron sat down to hammer out the specific beats of the issues before each single installment was written by one writer. "It's really like running a relay race. Rather than having a single writer and a single voice, we've got a chorus of voices....when you read an Ed Brubaker issue, it'll read like one of Ed's comics, and when you read one of Matt's issues, it'll read like Matt's comics."
    Dear God, why???

BANNED

Is this meant to get us excited. Its called Avengers vs X-Men and the info we have is that well its the Avengers vs the X-Men.

what's been going on lately is that they've been tested...they're wondering what it means to be an Avenger...when the world is throwing one terrible disaster at them after another...it takes a toll out of you when society throws the blame at you

Im glad Bendis invented the idea of superheroes coming up against terrible disasters. Makes you wonder what they were doing for the 50 years prior.

Guess it was all a walk in the park.

So wait... the real Thor is going to be back by the time this is done?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jake V View Post
    Dear God, why???
    So the Bendis issues will have one long conversation repeated over 20 pages. Brubakers will lack fun and humour and Fractions will be, what the hell ever happens in a Fraction book? It's going to be big, oh wait we just undid it one issue later.

Aaron should be writing the whole thing.

BANNED

This needs more preview art! Like frank cho preview art
    he and coipel should be the only artist for this series
    Last edited by Movieartman; 12-07-2011 at 12:52 PM.

BANNED

Character in the series were discussed here and there with Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel both playing key roles, though Hickman said they wanted to make sure to not let the expansive cast overtake the core of the story. "Black Panther's allegiance is to the Avengers while Storm is split right down the middle," Bendis said of the first couple of Wakanda. "Storm's choice will be felt very loudly."

One fan asked "Where are the villains?" to which Alonso replied "The villains are busy doing their bad stuff...certainly if I was Doctor Doom and a comet was headed to raze the planet, I'd be concerned." Though he said while fans can expect some nods to the villain community, the major players will be the heroes of the two franchises.

So its basically Civil War. I get that. It was the ebst selling event so Marvel want to do it again as opposed to rack their brains for a new idea.

Heroes squabbling again. More deconstruction. More characters made unlikeable. Any wonder the MU populace are sick of their heroes. They are like spoilt kids. The villains don't have to lift a finger. These guys are morons and will destroy themselves.

Next event surely has to be the heroes been hunted down.

I wonder if there will be a one-shot issue that is similar to the Captain America and Iron Man one-shot of Civil War...where the two of them, or in this case Cyclops and Captian America, met in a disclosed location away from the public, to discuss their ideals and tries to have a way to end the war before its too late.

All hope lies in Doom.

Let's hope the execution matchesd the Hype. It has the potential to be great or it can be a big disaster. I hope that they can do this and make it have a meaningful impact to both teams. And both teams should have members questioning their own leadership and decisions being made. It should be more than just Avengers vs X-Men but the viewpoint of the Avengers vs the viewpoint of the X-Men. Who's way is right?
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

BANNED

Movie bs is the only reason for hawkeye to be important. He is not smart enough, powerful enough or connected enough for him to be relevant otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
    Character in the series were discussed here and there with Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel both playing key roles, though Hickman said they wanted to make sure to not let the expansive cast overtake the core of the story. "Black Panther's allegiance is to the Avengers while Storm is split right down the middle," Bendis said of the first couple of Wakanda. "Storm's choice will be felt very loudly."

One fan asked "Where are the villains?" to which Alonso replied "The villains are busy doing their bad stuff...certainly if I was Doctor Doom and a comet was headed to raze the planet, I'd be concerned." Though he said while fans can expect some nods to the villain community, the major players will be the heroes of the two franchises.

So its basically Civil War. I get that. It was the ebst selling event so Marvel want to do it again as opposed to rack their brains for a new idea.

Heroes squabbling again. More deconstruction. More characters made unlikeable. Any wonder the MU populace are sick of their heroes. They are like spoilt kids. The villains don't have to lift a finger. These guys are morons and will destroy themselves.

Next event surely has to be the heroes been hunted down.
    Hunted down by other heroes. Who's side are you on?
    Currently recommending: Daredevil, Mudman ( it's back!), Hawkguy, and FF. Can't miss!

Oh look! Marvel hype. Color me not fooled.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde