Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Hickman would be my first choice but I really don't see that happening. Brubaker is my second and I also kind of see this as unlikely. Fraction who I kind of don't want to write it is probably going to end up taking it over. But if Fraction doesn't take over I could see someone not totally new but someone who is not one of the arcitects take over like Christopher Yost,
    "Some people look to the past for answers. I look to the future for solutions." --- SJH

Chris Yost would be a good choice. He's involved with the cartoon, which is very popular and has the classic feel most of the fans seem to want for the main book.

to me Avengers has always been Marvel's flagship title and as such it should be given to Marvel's top writers.

in my very humble opinion, these writers currently include

Jeff Parker
    Kieron Gillen
    Rick Remender
    Christos Gage

(i'd include Ed Brubaker, but he himself has admitted that team books are not up his alley.)

I'd like to see Christos Gage take over. Avengers Academy has been great from the start and I think he'd do an amazing job on the main Avengers titles. Maybe because he isn't as big a name as some other writers Marvel wouldn't go with him but I hope they do.

I also wonder what this means for The Ultron War. Bendis has been foreshadowing that in Avengers for awhile (as well as in Marvel's recent Point One) so it's surprising that he's leaving before telling that story. Will the next writer have to follow Bendis' plans or will Bendis still write the story as a mini outside of the main title?

Quote Originally Posted by Linnus View Post
    Yeah I agree on keeping personalities, powers and most origins (some could change though personally I think the falcon needs a new one).
    I wouldn't be against Snap Wilson being removed from continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor View Post
    Chris Yost would be a good choice. He's involved with the cartoon, which is very popular and has the classic feel most of the fans seem to want for the main book.
    I know I'd be excited about this. Didn't he say Black Knight is one of his favorite Avengers?
    Comic book commentary and media bullying at http://comicperday.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    For the love of god don't let Fraction or Loeb take over...
    Now comes the real Fear Itself.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Now comes the real Fear Itself.
    Right after the end of the real Dark Reign should be the Heroic Age.

The Best Batgirl is back! Icefalcon's Avatar

Brian Michael Bendis has recently announced he's leaving the Avengers very soon. So what's next for Marvel's flagship team? Where do they go from here. What should be the direction the next creative team takes?
    See article http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=35772
    Such good news. It's just time for a change. Bendis run has had some good and bad parts but for me It just needs a fresh writer, and I'll be willing to try anyone except Fraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    To be honest, Ultron is only built up in the Avengers book. Not any other series.
    Really?

fyi, this thread is already asking who posters think should take over the creative spots on the Avengers titles so the two threads with polls asking the same thing were deleted.

According to the time map in Avengers #5 there is no mention of the Phoenix returning or a war/fight between the Avengers and the X-Men. The closest thing resembling anything Phoenix related is the note "Born to Burn" and that occurs after the start of the Ultron War. Almost everything else that was supposed to occur has happened already with a few exceptions. So where does this exactly leave the Ultron Wars as well as some of the other events mentioned like the Drumm of Revenge? Could some of these events occur in the other Avengers related titles?
    Last edited by marvell2100; 12-07-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Straight Edge

According to the time map in Avengers #4 there is no mention of the Phoenix returning or a war/fight between the Avengers and the X-Men. The closest thing resembling anything Phoenix related is the note "Born to Burn" and that occurs after the start of the Ultron War. Almost everything else that was supposed to occur has happened already with a few exceptions. So where does this exactly leave the Ultron Wars as well as some of the other events mentioned like the Drumm of Revenge? Could some of these events occur in the other Avengers related titles?
    Avengers #4 came out in August 2010. You figure it was probably written in May or June. I know Marvel plans thing pretty far in advance, but they might be have had AVX completely nailed down yet to put anything on the board for it.
    I do believe that Ultron War got pushed back for some reason. Hitch has been working on it in one form or another for almost a year now. I have a a feeling that it was originally going to be release last summer(hence why they did the Avengers 12.1 "prologue" issue last April), but decided with FI, Spider-Island and Schism, that there was too much going on. Now I'm guessing we'll see it within the pages of Avengers(yes, no separate mini) starting around May or June it will be the last arc for Bendis in that book.
    I think Drumm of Revenge is follow up to Voodoo's death in NA. Bendis said in an interview last year that he would be getting back to that story. I wonder if plans changed and he decided to do this HAMMER story instead. Maybe his last arc of NA will be the Drumm story?
    CaptainAmerica Hawkeye Avengers NewAvengers UncannyAvengers AvengersWorld

It still sems like alot of stuff to try to cram into one year. HAMMER, Avengers vs X-Men, Drumms Revenge, potential Ultron War and even Steve's vision, occurring right before the Ultron Wars. Not to say that all of these will occur but that's still quite a few major event's. Anyone think that there's a posibility that someone else would take over these plot lines? If Fraction were to take over, I could see him doing it.