Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'd put Dan Slott in there but I can't see him leaving ASM at the moment. Unless he gets to do both.
    I can't see Dan Slotts strengths in established teams or characters because he doesn't have anywhere to show his invention. When you read Avengers Initiative #1 and Mighty Avengers #21, Dan had all the play box to himself, because these were not the established Avengers. He could pick and choose and create the team dynamic how he pleased. But if they hand over Bendis's Avengers, be basically has a formula he has to go by. It's very restricting.

Bendis disintegrated the Avengers in one fell swoop and gradually put bits and parts back together again in a way that suited him. Then Bendis didn't go the traditional way and use the big 3, but took little known characters and this time, introduced reality into addressing how difficult it was to have super powers. It was a slow like treakle pace, and gave us insights into the dynamics of how a power affected a person. There were tamtrums, interesting vs uninteresting bents on people, powerlessness - which had not been part of Avengers culture.

If Dan wanted to do Avengers, he would have to do it like MA again. Take a good mix of characters, and use something like that Infinate Mansion which was inspirational.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I can't see Dan Slotts strengths in established teams or characters because he doesn't have anywhere to show his invention. When you read Avengers Initiative #1 and Mighty Avengers #21, Dan had all the play box to himself, because these were not the established Avengers. He could pick and choose and create the team dynamic how he pleased. But if they hand over Bendis's Avengers, be basically has a formula he has to go by. It's very restricting.

Bendis disintegrated the Avengers in one fell swoop and gradually put bits and parts back together again in a way that suited him. Then Bendis didn't go the traditional way and use the big 3, but took little known characters and this time, introduced reality into addressing how difficult it was to have super powers. It was a slow like treakle pace, and gave us insights into the dynamics of how a power affected a person. There were tamtrums, interesting vs uninteresting bents on people, powerlessness - which had not been part of Avengers culture.

If Dan wanted to do Avengers, he would have to do it like MA again. Take a good mix of characters, and use something like that Infinate Mansion which was inspirational.
    To make an impact Dan like any writer would have to blow it up for a new beginning.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Whoever gets the Avengers gig I'm sure they'd be allowed to do things their way to an extent at least.

Straight Edge

With today's announcement that Hickman is leaving Ultimates later this year, does that pretty much confirm that he's going to be doing one of the Avenger books?
    CaptainAmerica Hawkeye Avengers NewAvengers UncannyAvengers AvengersWorld

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Yeah, I'm now suspecting Hickman as well, maybe Avengers is the "job offer he couldn't refuse".
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Imo yes probably Avengers. Fraction will get New.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

I can see Hickman on the main Avengers and Waid on New.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Straight Edge

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Imo yes probably Avengers. Fraction will get New.
    I was hoping for Aaron on New. With PunisherMAX ending and him being off Wolverine, his only Marvel book at the moment is W&tXM. He has to have something in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    How so? New writers aren't compelled to keep the same Avengers lineup as their predecessors; in fact, it's quite common for an early issue to involve a membership shake up.

Quote Originally Posted by YouthofToday View Post
    I was hoping for Aaron on New. With PunisherMAX ending and him being off Wolverine, his only Marvel book at the moment is W&tXM. He has to have something in the works.
    IMO that would be great, ideal choice.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by YouthofToday View Post
    What about the Hulk?
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Straight Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    What about the Hulk?
    Yes, I totally forgot about that! Still, that's only 2 titles, I can see him taking on at least one more.

BANNED

Everyone forgets that he's doing Hulk, and I forget, too. Also, his run on Scalped coming to an end, so that frees up another slot.

My original idea was some combination of Waid/Aaron on Avengers, but now we can throw Hickman's name in there, as well. We also have to consider whatever new ongoings are launching out of AvX. Phoenix Corps? Cable and the Phoenix? Everybody Hates Phoenix? We don't know anything about that, except its coming, and they'll probably put some of their big names on the books.

I don't think Fraction is going to the Avengers. Not just because I don't want it to happen, but he's got a full plate already. Defenders, Thor, Iron Man, and for the sake of discussion, lets say one of the new books launching out of AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by NickFury90 View Post
    Everyone forgets that he's doing Hulk, and I forget, too. Also, his run on Scalped coming to an end, so that frees up another slot.
    I think that slot is going to be filled with something else creator owned, just at a guess. Possibly with Icon rather than Vertigo, given talk of what has gone on with Vertigo's contracts.

I don't think Fraction is going to the Avengers. Not just because I don't want it to happen, but he's got a full plate already. Defenders, Thor, Iron Man, and for the sake of discussion, lets say one of the new books launching out of AvX.
    Well it sounds like Iron Man is starting to wrap up, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him jump off Thor. He's been on it longer than Hickman has the Ultimates, you know?
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

As well as the news he's leaving The Ultimates, Hickman is the only writer attached to Avengers Vs X-Men who hasn't written either a 616 Avengers or X-Men book.