Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    In this uncertain market, I feel like whoever takes over the Avengers franchise will be one of their popular, commercially successful writers. I feel like any of the writers of the 2012 event are top contenders.

But maybe Marvel will surprise and pick an up-and-coming. Or maybe Bendis will be allowed to pick his replacement? All I know is the next guy will have big shoes to fill.
    They might give the book to an A-lister crossing over from DC, but there aren't many who are big enough draws, and those guys (Grant Morrison, Geoff Johns, Scott Snyder) seem happy where they are.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Rob Anybody. Crivens! Blackknight75's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor View Post
    What I hope will happen:

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE - canceled after Bendis leaves. This series has no reason to exist beyond the movie. Maybe this could continue as a new Avengers Solo or something.
    NEW AVENGERS - get rid of Wolverine and Thing, add more females. Written by Jeff Parker.
    THE AVENGERS - add Miss Marvel, Black Panther and She-Hulk. No more Red Hulk and Protector (he could join NA). Make Mark Waid the writer.
    SECRET AVENGERS - I have high hopes for this series because of Rick Remender, so I wouldn't change too much beyond the cast.
    AVENGERS ACADEMY - keep it as it is. Oh, and get a higher profile artist.

This news made me very happy :)
    Yes, I pretty much agree with this. I could definatley see Mark Waid writing the Main Avengers while Jeff Parker can do both Thunderbolts and New Avengers. The Thing can stay with NA and so can Spider-Man. Songbird can join the NA team. Wolverine would work better with the Secret Avengers, but only as on occassional guest star.

Protector needs a more cosmic landscape to work on, and given what is happening with the Kree over in the Fantastic Four books, I think he could be a welcome addition to the Future Foundation.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Brubaker or Fraction make sense; if we're going in order
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

I would give Avengers to Abnett and Lanning. They've proven their ability to combine big ideas with deep character work. They can balance, drama, comedy and action very well. Probably better than anyone else, actually.

Fraction has the same weakness as Bendis. They're both very good writers - of solo comics. For all the hate Bendis has gotten since taking over the Avengers, no one can deny that the guy can write. Alias, Ultimate Spider-Man, Moon Knight - he's great at the street-level solo books. But his team books fall flat. Likewise, Fraction has been doing a great job with Invincible Iron Man, but his run on Uncanny X-Men was uninspired.

Unfortunately, Fraction is probably the most likely candidate to replace Bendis. Even though DnA would be the much more interesting choice.

Putting Loeb on Avengers would be an awful idea. How long has it been since the guy did something worth reading? He's not a good writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatican View Post
    I would give Avengers to Abnett and Lanning. They've proven their ability to combine big ideas with deep character work. They can balance, drama, comedy and action very well. Probably better than anyone else, actually.

Fraction has the same weakness as Bendis. They're both very good writers - of solo comics. For all the hate Bendis has gotten since taking over the Avengers, no one can deny that the guy can write. Alias, Ultimate Spider-Man, Moon Knight - he's great at the street-level solo books. But his team books fall flat. Likewise, Fraction has been doing a great job with Invincible Iron Man, but his run on Uncanny X-Men was uninspired.

Unfortunately, Fraction is probably the most likely candidate to replace Bendis. Even though DnA would be the much more interesting choice.

Putting Loeb on Avengers would be an awful idea. How long has it been since the guy did something worth reading? He's not a good writer.
    DnA is sort of writing the Avengers right now in Annihilators: Earthfall.

Can't say it's exactly blowing me away though.

BANNED

Safe bets for people to take over for Bendis are Franction, Hickman, Spencer, and even money says Loeb.

Stay tuned for the AvengerS by Mike Carey & Adam Hughes, with the lineup you've always wanted ... Captain America (Rogers) * Iron Man (Stark) * Thor * Hawkeye (Barton) * Quake (Johnson) * Giant Man (Pym) * Wasp (V Dyne) * Black Panther (T'Challa) * Kid Loki *

Hope you like this

end Transmission

BANNED

If any of this leads to Songbird as an Avenger, I'll be pleased.

I want Dan Slott

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dick/babs View Post
    I want Dan Slott
    sexual wants are not welcome here

Possible roster shake up is inevitable, we'll see though.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

BANNED

End of an Era that is for sure for good or ill. Please no Fraction.

That said I expect roster shakeups. Hopefully the Avengers will improve on the female and racial/ethnic/lgbt diversity front. A boost in power level could help as well.

...someone toss some rocks at Christopher Priest's window and let him know there's a vacancy..!

I have a feeling that Nick Spencer will be taking over New Avengers. Just a feeling.

Loeb is actually probably a better bet for "Avengers" than Jeff Parker, and I think he'd probably make it big bombastic fun, so that would be fine I'm sure.

I don't think Marvel has a lot of confidence in DnA to hold a franchise like the Avengers up. They have clearly been relegated to fringe/support books like the Cosmic stuff, New Mutants, etc.

Writers I could see being involved would be Spencer, Parker, Slott, Loeb, Gage, Bunn, Gillen.

Brubaker already tried to do an Avengers book, and it was too much work for him. He went back to soloish books, and I think he's probably doing what he wants for now.

Fraction, Remender, Aaron and Hickman are all pretty full up on work right now. Fraction might have room for one more book, even with Defenders, though.

Spencer is on an exclusive with Marvel and is only handling one book regularly at the moment. Parker is doing two books, and it's clear that Marvel really has a lot of love/respect for him from Agents of Atlas and from the solid, if not remarkable, success of his Hulk and Thunderbolts. Slott is currently only writing one book, but one that is really two. Still, I think he could squeeze in another, and he does love the Avengers. Loeb is huge, but not very good at actually building a franchise since he doesn't do much long term storytelling anymore. Still, just for the sheer name recognition of saying "Loeb and McGuiness on the Avengers!" I think it's likely that they'll get the main book. Gage is a workhorse for the company with only two books right now for Marvel (three in total, though), Bunn is deeply steeped in their current Avengers stuff and all his Marvel work will be done by the time this gets rolling leaving him wide open, and Gillen has a lot of critical heat behind him and is only working on two books at the momo.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/