Page 189 of 374 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 5598

Looks like more focus on the Braddock Academy kids in Avengers Arena #5
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AA51.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	108025Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AA52.jpg 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	108026Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AA53.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	108027

Mighty Marvel UK Citizen Willow616's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coolbeans74 View Post
    i'm probably the one on here that thinks this could be great, but i just saw this on bleedingcool, an interview with Bendis on the Guardians of the Galaxy movie and voice casting of Rocket Raccoon:

As for the right Raccoon, Bendis says he now images Jason Statham‘s voice coming out of that little mouth. He particularly noted Statham’s “English vowels, ” but did say:

Adam Sandler would be good, but Jason Statham would be good also.

Statham? Yes, I think I like it.
    Well I've always heard Rocket's voice as British given how his name came about, I always thought he'd sound like Paul McCartney for obvious reasons but I could see how Statham could work...and US audiences are already familiar with him......even if most of his films are utter tosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i take back what i said before. i wasn't trying to say that Captain Britain hadn't crossed over. he's very popular/well-recieved. it's just that i don't think he should be the exception to the rule. there needs to be a UK character that draws in a variety of readers (and not draped in the flag).
    No offence was taken Monty mate I think you raised a very valid concern. I'd like to see more made of Pete Wisdom for example and I welcome his inclusion in future arcs of Gambit. DH appearing Spidey and Iron Man is brilliant.........maybe Spider-Woman is the way to go on this one eh?

There's a whole host of overlooked Marvels, not just my beloved MUK characters and it's maybe my own fault for being a fan of the lower tiers that I rarely get to see the ones I want. That said Marvel Now does seem to be celebrating the diversity of the Marvel Universe rather than just the Silver Age A-listers.

Quote Originally Posted by highwayguy View Post
    Adam Sandler? Seriously?
    Yeah........hasn't he caused enough cinema casualties?

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post

Spot on! This series is by far my favourite Marvel Now book, I really love the enthusiasm of the creative team.........I found the novel of Battle Royale for 10p the other day in a shop that was closing down! Who said the recession was bad for us?

Totally unrelated.....but will we ever see another collection of Knights of Pendragon from Panini? It's been a loooong time since the first one.
    AVENGERS UK! A free fan comic made by fans for fans! Stiff upper lip old bean!

[QUOTE=Billy the Cat;16557964]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post
    It's listed as Reserve not Met, so I'm figuring this item was relisted. Makes you wonder what the reserve actually IS on the auction.
    Yes ! I hate it when people reserve a price on an item then let the bidding start low ! Maybe he was not clear on its value then add a reserve as it went on

UPDATE reserve now gone as the cover has hit 500.00 ! like I said, silly money ! (hoping it go's for 616.00)
    OMG ! it sold for 3,299.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! Thats incredible!

Random UK related thing I'd noticed over that few weeks. British soap Coronation Street must have a comic book fan on it's writing staff...I've heard a reference to DC Comics a few weeks back and the X-Men were name-checked last Friday.

It's only a matter of time before we see Brian and Pete in the Rovers Return pub.

Falsworth Groundskeeper highwayguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    Wow! Thats incredible!

Random UK related thing I'd noticed over that few weeks. British soap Coronation Street must have a comic book fan on it's writing staff...I've heard a reference to DC Comics a few weeks back and the X-Men were name-checked last Friday.

It's only a matter of time before we see Brian and Pete in the Rovers Return pub.
    Haha!! That's genius!! But forget Brian and Pete. There's only one character that I want to see in Coronation Street. The original Death's Head!

Betty's hotpot, yes?

In fact, they've already had Magneto appear in the Rovers.
    WE NEED YOU!!
    Join in with Comicbookresources' Age of Marvels for fan-made and fan-approved solicitations!

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Cat View Post

OMG ! it sold for 3,299.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. My bid now seems like a drop in the ocean. :)

The seller's info on the auction says that he was actually given that artwork while he was doing a bit of work experience as a teen at Marvel UK. Iwould have killed for that opportunity. And one hell of a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by highwayguy View Post
    Haha!! That's genius!! But forget Brian and Pete. There's only one character that I want to see in Coronation Street. The original Death's Head!

Betty's hotpot, yes?

In fact, they've already had Magneto appear in the Rovers.

He has, indeed. :)
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Hell yeah i would of to work there by the way have any of you seen this
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=15069

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu666 View Post

First time we've seen Brian without the mask on since A vs X. At least he looks closer to how he did on MI13.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Yeah I did note further up-thread that he at least appeared more MI13 than Dynasty circa 1988. Is this in flashback? Are we seeing the story end before the beginning? It would suggest that Brian is going to survive at least..........obviously with Remender you can never tell. WEill be nice if Brian and Rogers are going to get a few lines together.

Now that we reache the end of Brian's stint on an Avengers roster I'm hoping that some other creators are wanting to use him, but it maybe best if he's left alone for a few months.

Some of you may be appreciate this week's Cover of the Week...

It Came From Darkmoor Cover of the Week

Shameless Plug
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Oh man that brings back memories...........I remember it being a massive deal for me....at around the same time Alan Davis was referencing the Marvel UK line in his RCX storyline in Excalibur...I thought it would last forever.

Lol that was fun what do you think of if they did a new one of that fight or perhaps Killpower vs the Red Hulk? just two things 1) How good is CB in H2H and how much Better do you think he should be? 2) Back to marvel UK tv cartoon series who would you like or think might be able to do CB's voice?
    Last edited by Tatsu666; 02-04-2013 at 12:56 PM.

He looks a little like he did in the deadpool team up issue.
    An unashamed Bloodstone, Captain Britain, Hawkman, Zatanna and Bat-villain fanboy.

Agent of W.A.N.D, Magic-ops division.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    Oh man that brings back memories...........I remember it being a massive deal for me....at around the same time Alan Davis was referencing the Marvel UK line in his RCX storyline in Excalibur...I thought it would last forever.

Indeed. A strange kind of golden age, in some ways. Not in all, mind you.

As far as It Came From Darkmoor... goes, I'm trying to keep the sight updated as often as I can. Another piece should be scheduled to pop up this morning. If nothing else I do intend to make sure a Cover goes up every week, and I'll work from there. I've certainly put up a fair few things since December, but it'll slowly grind back into some kind of regularity as the year continues.

Lol that was fun what do you think of if they did a new one of that fight or perhaps Killpower vs the Red Hulk?

Hell, yeah. But there'd need to be some kind of line about "Multiple coloured Hulks, again? Wow, makes me feel like I'm right back home again... In the early 1990s." ;)

just two things 1) How good is CB in H2H and how much Better do you think he should be?

H2H?

2) Back to marvel UK tv cartoon series who would you like or think might be able to do CB's voice?

Man, *that's* a tricky call. You'd want somebody who was clearly British, but who doesn't sound too much like a Toff. :)

I'm sure Marvel want somebody who could clearly do a voice you could associate with animation or videogames featuring some element of chivalry or fantasy. Can't think of anybody clearly off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelle3 View Post
    He looks a little like he did in the deadpool team up issue.

He does, actually. In a good way.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post

Looks these B-Academy kids will all die. But let's be honest we all knew that as soon as it was clear they appeared on this book, right? Compared to all other contestants (like Darkhawk, X-23, the Runaways, Cammi) they are really boring characters to begin with.
    We have a new King...!