Page 164 of 369 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 5525
    File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

That is pleasingly positive, yes.

I've always wanted to see Micromax properly fleshed out. He's never ascended beyond background character on any title, and granted his powerset is hardly 'new,' but he is Britain's answer to Ant-Man. Abd I wish we saw more of him.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Yes i would like to see more micromax to then again i would love to see more of MUK. Hey Sword you said you dnot like the otherworld story arc but have you read uncanny x-force #26 if not give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu666 View Post
    Yes i would like to see more micromax to then again i would love to see more of MUK. Hey Sword you said you dnot like the otherworld story arc but have you read uncanny x-force #26 if not give it a go.

Yeah, I'm still reading Uncanny X-Force for Psylocke...

It's not a bad book, but it's not exactly blowing me away, either.

Still gutted about Fantomex, although this final arc is a vast improvement.

Still no idea how The Shadow King is back in the body of Amahl Farouk, for the first time in like two decades. But that shouldn't surprise me on past form. :(
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Mighty Marvel UK Citizen Willow616's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post
    I've always wanted to see Micromax properly fleshed out. He's never ascended beyond background character on any title, and granted his powerset is hardly 'new,' but he is Britain's answer to Ant-Man. Abd I wish we saw more of him.
    I liked the idea that he used his powers to make his weak frame look more imposing even when he was in his civilan identity. I never read the Marvel Comics Presents strip in which he, Blade and the new Black Widow starred (I think it was called Vanguard). Does anyone have any spoilers for this story?

Still no idea how The Shadow King is back in the body of Amahl Farouk, for the first time in like two decades. But that shouldn't surprise me on past form. :(
    Remender has clearly been to the Bendis School of Ignoring Continuity.
    AVENGERS UK! A free fan comic made by fans for fans! Stiff upper lip old bean!

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    I liked the idea that he used his powers to make his weak frame look more imposing even when he was in his civilan identity. I never read the Marvel Comics Presents strip in which he, Blade and the new Black Widow starred (I think it was called Vanguard). Does anyone have any spoilers for this story?

You know, I actually own that entire run of Marvel Comics Presents. I bought it purely FOR that story. I read the first 2 parts, never got around to the rest.

I am a bad Fanboy. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    Remender has clearly been to the Bendis School of Ignoring Continuity.

Sad that he can't follow it up with quite the same quality of story. :(
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Sword what i meant by uncanny x-force #26 is that you find out about the otherworld story arc is that it was a test for psylocke and all of otherworld was in on it

Sword what i meant by uncanny x-force #26 is that you find out about the otherworld story arc is that it was a test for psylocke and all of otherworld was in on it

What?! It says that? I'm pretty sure I've boxed up that issue now, from doing a quick cover search. Does anybody have access to the panel/s in question?
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Mighty Marvel UK Citizen Willow616's Avatar

I read it but it was very ambiguous to me, almost like back-pedalling enough just to be able to use it as an excuse for such a bad response to the story arc.

If I remember rightly (and I may not be as I don't have the issue anymore) I think it's the Shadow King that insinuates that the events on Otherworld were a test. Whether this means that he was affecting the behaviour of the Corps etc I don't know, it's not really concrete enough for me to buy into.

Although it was enough of an explanation for me to use against CB haters ;-)
    AVENGERS UK! A free fan comic made by fans for fans! Stiff upper lip old bean!

I was under the impression that the entire of what was going on there wasn't real. Mind tricks.

That's how I read it. I mean Jamie definitely wasn't real.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Krypton / Kasterborous. Gallifrey's Avatar

I was under the impression that the pages shown on that blog were all an illusionary scenario designed to ramp up Betsy's guilt and weaken her psychic defences. But that was also the last UXF issue I looked at. If it's since been confirmed that the Otherworld arc "didn't happen", I'd be interested to know where and how.
    "No way, Jose. Not a chance, Charles Dance."

Quote Originally Posted by Gallifrey View Post
    I was under the impression that the pages shown on that blog were all an illusionary scenario designed to ramp up Betsy's guilt and weaken her psychic defences. But that was also the last UXF issue I looked at. If it's since been confirmed that the Otherworld arc "didn't happen", I'd be interested to know where and how.

Totally. I mean I'd be actively HAPPY if certain parts of that arc didn't actually happen. But I need the evidence. :)
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Sad that he can't follow it up with quite the same quality of story. :(
    I'm sorry.... Are you *seriously* saying Bendis tells better quality stories then Remender Sword?? i always thought you had taste (Bendis is good on solo titles but doesn't write team book anything like as well!) :/

Cheers.

James.
    Any Dream worth Having Is A Dream worth Fighting For.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I'm sorry.... Are you *seriously* saying Bendis tells better quality stories then Remender Sword?? i always thought you had taste (Bendis is good on solo titles but doesn't write team book anything like as well!) :/

To be honest, James, back in the early 2000s it was guys like Bendis and Millar who brought me back into reading Marvel comics. They don't always deliver the most complex story, and often the outline they planned vs what editorial tweaks were requested ends up a little worse for wear, but the wauy in which it is delivered is usually pretty sound.

I have real problems with the way in which Remender paces, and tells stories. Take away the research errors and the going back to and sticking to outdated characterisations. I often find myself thinking 'I can see what you're aiming for, but it's a bit of a mess'.

Take the example upthread, with the Otherworld explanation. Is it real? Is it a trick of the mind? Is it an illusion caused by a third party?

Is it ever actually explained? :)

Frequently I've found that Remender's stories do not scan well. They jump between locations, vharacters, events and tenses, so quickly it becomes a big hot mess where the reader is left very uncertain as to wjat is going on.

And not in a clever way. In a bad storytelling way. :)

I actually walked into a conversation on exactly this subject at my LCS a whike back. They were talking about the Dark Angel Saga, and all five agreed they still had no clue what happened in that arc. Mostly along the lines of... What scenes were in the Age of apocalyse? Which were on Earth? When did Tabula Rasa happen? How many scenes were in THAT? How did Angel fall? Where did these new horsemencome from? Who's the minotaur guy, was he ever explained? Remind me what that seed thing IS again...?

I don't wat Claremont-length exposition, but I do need some kind of explanation over what is going on. :)
    It Came From Darkmoor...

To be honest, James, back in the early 2000s it was guys like Bendis and Millar who brought me back into reading Marvel comics. They don't always deliver the most complex story, and often the outline they planned vs what editorial tweaks were requested ends up a little worse for wear, but the wauy in which it is delivered is usually pretty sound.
    That's interesting, considering it was Bendis who very nearly pushed me away from Marvel (it was when he first came on that I first tried DC, with Johns' excellent FLASH run starting with #200). I find Bendis' team books are all overly-simplistic (I do concede his solo work is better though, I did like his DAREDEVIL, MOON KNIGHT and SPIDER-WOMAN)

I have real problems with the way in which Remender paces, and tells stories. Take away the research errors and the going back to and sticking to outdated characterisations. I often find myself thinking 'I can see what you're aiming for, but it's a bit of a mess'.
    I haven't had a problem with Remender's pacing myself, I like his, Hickman's Bunn's and Aaaron's style of planning over-all arcs, it means we get full stories with mini arcs within which is a tactic I enjoy

Take the example upthread, with the Otherworld explanation. Is it real? Is it a trick of the mind? Is it an illusion caused by a third party?

Is it ever actually explained? :)
    Yes, it is explained and we are told a lot of what happened was not real. There's no real ambiguity IIRC.

Frequently I've found that Remender's stories do not scan well. They jump between locations, characters, events and tenses, so quickly it becomes a big hot mess where the reader is left very uncertain as to wjat is going on.

And not in a clever way. In a bad storytelling way. :)

I actually walked into a conversation on exactly this subject at my LCS a whike back. They were talking about the Dark Angel Saga, and all five agreed they still had no clue what happened in that arc. Mostly along the lines of... What scenes were in the Age of apocalyse? Which were on Earth? When did Tabula Rasa happen? How many scenes were in THAT? How did Angel fall? Where did these new horsemencome from? Who's the minotaur guy, was he ever explained? Remind me what that seed thing IS again...?

I don't wat Claremont-length exposition, but I do need some kind of explanation over what is going on. :)
    All of that is explained in the story though, its VERY clear where the AG OF APOCALYPSE scenes happened, you can tell by the art and by characters present, there's also the fact there are at least 2 scenes showing them walk through portals... Angel fell over time and we watched his descent from the beginning of the current volume. We know that these are Apocalypse's original Horsemen and yes, the minotaur guy is explained as are all the other Horsemen...

The explanation *is* there and quite apparant so its not a problem I understand but to each their own :/

Cheers.

James.
    Any Dream worth Having Is A Dream worth Fighting For.