Page 65 of 373 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 975 of 5595
  1. #961
    New Member Zarquon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Huzzah for this thread :)

  2. #962
    File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Warwickshire, UK
    Posts
    12,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarquon View Post
    Huzzah for this thread :)
    Glad you agree!
    It Came From Darkmoor...

    A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

    Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

  3. #963
    Shazam! Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarquon View Post
    Huzzah for this thread :)
    Welcome to the thread, Zarquon. Misery loves company!

    I hope you brought your singing fish.

  4. #964
    Beware my violet temper! LucyFury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    259

    Default

    I have a random question. Death's Head had Spratt. Death's Head II has the lovely Tuck. Does Death's Head 3.0 have a playful sidekick? I've never read that series. (A certain someone hasn't bought it for me yet.)
    Psylocke and Dark Angel - Hell's Ninja Chicks of Darkmoor

  5. #965
    File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Warwickshire, UK
    Posts
    12,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LucyFury View Post
    I have a random question. Death's Head had Spratt. Death's Head II has the lovely Tuck. Does Death's Head 3.0 have a playful sidekick? I've never read that series. (A certain someone hasn't bought it for me yet.)
    To be honest? Death's Head 3.0 doesn't have much of a personality, let alone a sidekick. He only ever had the one brief story, and even then editorial cut the one line of dialogue that was intended. A great shame. All those people who voted on Marvel.com, only to be given a version of Death's Head which really failed to grasp very much about the character at all. :(
    It Came From Darkmoor...

    A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

    Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

  6. #966
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post
    To be honest? Death's Head 3.0 doesn't have much of a personality, let alone a sidekick. He only ever had the one brief story, and even then editorial cut the one line of dialogue that was intended. A great shame. All those people who voted on Marvel.com, only to be given a version of Death's Head which really failed to grasp very much about the character at all. :(
    And yet it was written by Furman.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  7. #967
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,015

    Default

    Speaking of Furman, I just finished reading transformers classics UK vol 1 and I have this thought. I now need to read the US stories to understand everything but the art was good except that the intitial stories had the characters resembling the toys instead of the cartoon whihc was weird.
    Last edited by Gryphon; 05-06-2012 at 06:43 PM.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  8. #968
    Beware my violet temper! LucyFury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post
    To be honest? Death's Head 3.0 doesn't have much of a personality, let alone a sidekick. He only ever had the one brief story, and even then editorial cut the one line of dialogue that was intended. A great shame. All those people who voted on Marvel.com, only to be given a version of Death's Head which really failed to grasp very much about the character at all. :(
    Thank you. I don't think I like the sound of Death's Head 3.0 very much. I may just skip it. I think I'll buy S.W.O.R.D. instead.

    I haven't been a fan of Transformers ever since they killed off all of my favs in the 1986 film. Poor Brawn.
    Psylocke and Dark Angel - Hell's Ninja Chicks of Darkmoor

  9. #969

    Default

    Did all of you see that more noble Cap that appeared in Thor: The Mighty Avenger? I believe it was issue #4.

  10. #970
    Shazam! Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by televiper11 View Post
    Did all of you see that more noble Cap that appeared in Thor: The Mighty Avenger? I believe it was issue #4.
    I think scans of it have been posted of it in this thread. Everyone was very pleased with it, iirc. I think they even got his classic costume right.

  11. #971
    File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Warwickshire, UK
    Posts
    12,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    And yet it was written by Furman.

    It was, though he has spoken of his frustration over the story. He did not have the copntrol he would have liked, especially re: dialogue from DH. He speaks in the intro from one of the DH1 trades which Panini did of how he'd have liked to link DH3.0 to the other two incarnations some day.


    Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Speaking of Furman, I just finished reading transformers classics UK vol 1 and I have this thought. I now need to read the US stories to understand everything but the art was good except that the intitial stories had the characters resembling the toys instead of the cartoon whihc was weird.

    They actually did, more often than not. Even in the later yers they were more of a hybrid style of cartoon syle art sensibilities, but a clearer match to the actual design of the toys where possible.


    Quote Originally Posted by LucyFury View Post
    Thank you. I don't think I like the sound of Death's Head 3.0 very much. I may just skip it. I think I'll buy S.W.O.R.D. instead.

    I can very much recommend SWORD. Good stuff.


    Quote Originally Posted by televiper11 View Post
    Did all of you see that more noble Cap that appeared in Thor: The Mighty Avenger? I believe it was issue #4.

    I have the issue. A great shame that series ended so soon. It was a proper Captain Britain appearance, too, I agree. Different unverse, but very much how Brian should/would interact with Thor and the Warriors Three.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

    A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

    Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

  12. #972
    Mighty Marvel UK Citizen Willow616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    It seems the Clan Destine crossover is getting some further exposure

    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/...verine-annual/

    Really excited about this one.......
    AVENGERS UK! A free fan comic made by fans for fans! Stiff upper lip old bean!


  13. #973
    Bloodstones! Aelle3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Spooky Mansion
    Posts
    2,963

    Default

    EDIT: I realise this is old ground I'm re-stamping on. sorry




    So was off work due to the flu and read from issue 21.1 to 25 of Secret Avengers. I have to admit that i am really enjoying the story itself. I really like the robo-cabal and hope we get to see more from Emperor Doombot, because I love the idea.

    My feelings on Brian's appearances in these issues is mixed. For every up moment we have, such as the Beast/Brian interaction, we get a smack in the face, al la calling the 40s generation 'sodding arrogant'. Now, you cant tell me that's what he thinks about Spitfire or Steve Rogers. Even Captain Midlands wasn't arrogant, totally foolish and selfish, but not arrogant.

    But something that I thought wouldn't bother me, but I just cant seem to get out of my head is the power suit business. Its just so jarring if you have followed modern Cap at all. I obviously realise that Merlin can change up his powers at a wim and it was even mentioned on panel, but its bothering me. Brian must have peeved off Merlin pretty bad to be put all the way back to this level of suit assistance.

    So a mixed bag for me so far, but a leap up from UXF.
    Last edited by Aelle3; 05-09-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    An unashamed Bloodstone, Captain Britain, Hawkman, Zatanna and Bat-villain fanboy.

    Agent of W.A.N.D, Magic-ops division.

  14. #974
    Krypton / Kasterborous. Gallifrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelle3 View Post
    EDIT: I realise this is old ground I'm re-stamping on. sorry.

    Stamp away, 'tis your prerogative . Happy to hear you're up to speed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aelle3 View Post
    But something that I thought wouldn't bother me, but I just cant seem to get out of my head is the power suit business. Its just so jarring if you have followed modern Cap at all. I obviously realise that Merlin can change up his powers at a wim and it was even mentioned on panel, but its bothering me. Brian must have peeved off Merlin pretty bad to be put all the way back to this level of suit assistance.
    Just something else we're expected to accept happened "off panel". (Are Brian and Merlyn supposed to have had any direct interaction since the end of "Die By The Sword"? (How) Does he know that Merlyn's manipulating him again, and why is he so acquiescent about it? Beats me).

    If Remender had actually taken any time or effort to explain why Brian had reverted to his early '90s status quo I might be less damning about his take on the character. Maybe. Possibly. But he strikes me as a writer who's more interested in dealing with the OMG!! moments, and consequently the mechanics of taking us from point A to point B (the basics of good storytelling) are abandoned in favour of getting us from point A to point Y O Y O Y???

    On a more positive note... anybody/everybody get their Asda CB t - shirt yet? It's very ...red. And that's a big graphic. By 'eck that's a big graphic. And it's a shame they printed that slogan on top of it. Buuuuut, it's a nice piece of Alan Davis artwork, and it's a reasonably quality piece of shmutter. And they got the colours right!

    I'm not big on wearing either comics tees or clothing with the Union Flag stamped on it, but I think I might use the Olympics shenanigans as an excuse to wear it this summer. And I think CB needs all the support he can get these days...
    "No way, Jose. Not a chance, Charles Dance."

  15. #975
    MI:13 Agent coolbeans74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    middlesex, uk
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gallifrey View Post

    On a more positive note... anybody/everybody get their Asda CB t - shirt yet? It's very ...red. And that's a big graphic. By 'eck that's a big graphic. And it's a shame they printed that slogan on top of it. Buuuuut, it's a nice piece of Alan Davis artwork, and it's a reasonably quality piece of shmutter. And they got the colours right!

    I'm not big on wearing either comics tees or clothing with the Union Flag stamped on it, but I think I might use the Olympics shenanigans as an excuse to wear it this summer. And I think CB needs all the support he can get these days...

    i got mine, and i have to say it's a really nice quality shirt, not crazy about the slogan, but it could have been worse,

    i tend to buy comic related shirts that are a bit more vague to the casual observer, like my S.W.O.R.D. one, but as you say this will work for Olympics, Euros etc.., although i did wear it to the cinema when i went to see the Avengers, just to represent

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •