Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Senior Member FirestormTheNuclearMan's Avatar

Goblin Queen

Senior Member FirestormTheNuclearMan's Avatar

Maelstorm Tried to collapse the universe into a blackhole. He's pure evil, and a powerhouse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Doctor Voodoo!

he's become Metahuman from Practicing Voodoo

Nightcrawler. I cant stress this enough. Many fans were saying how awesome it would be if NC led an opposing group to Cyclops. But they killed him and the new opposition is Wolvie... OK. The guy who agreed with Cyclops all this time and still has X-Force operating. Yeah, ok.

Also, all those potential stories with Mystique wasted. They did nothing with that. Mystique is still about Rogue, Rogue, Rogue and Wolverine.

This is one of those characters that goes well with everyone. Some of the other X-Mens best interactions are with Kurt.

Also, Cloak and Dagger. I used to play around with an Defenders team with these three characters on it, adding Amanda Sefton and a couple others.
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 02-05-2012 at 11:10 AM.

I miss El Aguila.

Also I wish Marvel had done more with the short-lived horror-hero The Golem.
    Dare you delve into... THE ARCHETYPAL ARCHIVE?

Why, it's... NATURALISTIC! UNCANNY! MARVELOUS!

Justified Ancient of MuMu yvahed's Avatar

Now that Val is stepping up to the plate in the Avengers/ Fearless I want to see Marvel's longtime leading lady Patsy Walker make the big time!

She was set up as the next Magik and then ...nothing! Let's see Amanda Sefton take centrestage in the X-Books.

BANNED

LOVE LOVE LOVE Hellcat!

a curious wanderer OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Regino View Post
    Manta!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogboy View Post
    All of the Imperial Guard, Have they had their own series yet?
    I've always wanted to see a series based on the Imperial Guard that wasn't a joke (see first series) and longer than three or five issues. The Guard is made up of scores of different species all of whom belong to worlds colonized by the Shi'ar...this could be a such an awesome series. Political views, religious views, personality differences...yet all meshing together for the good of the guard???
    Not all who wander are lost....

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I've always wanted to see a series based on the Imperial Guard that wasn't a joke (see first series) and longer than three or five issues. The Guard is made up of scores of different species all of whom belong to worlds colonized by the Shi'ar...this could be a such an awesome series. Political views, religious views, personality differences...yet all meshing together for the good of the guard???
    An Imperial Guard series would be a cool opportunity to really explore what the Shi'ar Empire is and how it functions. The vast majority of guardsmen aren't Shi'ar but members of subject and conquered races. What sort of mentality do you need to blindly serve the race that has subjugated your people? This is a great opportunity for stories about anthropology, political allegory, and military service.

The only potential pitfall of having an extended Imperial Guard series (other than sales) might be a legal one. The Imperial Guard bear a striking resemblance to DC's Legion of Superheroes (by design on Claremont and Cockrum's part). I'm not sure if DC would be wild about a long running book that was basically a parody of their characters (they were pretty steamed about the Squadron Supreme maxiseries, IIRC).

Hindsight lad

Quote Originally Posted by FirestormTheNuclearMan View Post
    Goblin Queen

I agree. I actually kind of like her better than Jean.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    Nightcrawler. I cant stress this enough. Many fans were saying how awesome it would be if NC led an opposing group to Cyclops. But they killed him and the new opposition is Wolvie... OK. The guy who agreed with Cyclops all this time and still has X-Force operating. Yeah, ok.

Also, all those potential stories with Mystique wasted. They did nothing with that. Mystique is still about Rogue, Rogue, Rogue and Wolverine.

This is one of those characters that goes well with everyone. Some of the other X-Mens best interactions are with Kurt.

Also, Cloak and Dagger. I used to play around with an Defenders team with these three characters on it, adding Amanda Sefton and a couple others.
    I cannot agree more with this.

Not only was Nightcrawler one of the most important X-Men, but he's versatile enough to have connections throughout the Marvel Universe, if Marvel had cared.

And C&D seem very easy to place on a Defenders team.

Also, Falcon, Monica Rambeau (as long as she's not like NextWave), Sabra, Silver Samurai (the dead one ).

I'd like to see Mys-Tech back as a HYDRA-level baddie threat. They need to possess one of the hammers!

And an Imperial Guard series, with the same lovable characters, but more of an Alien Legion feel.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    I cannot agree more with this.

Not only was Nightcrawler one of the most important X-Men, but he's versatile enough to have connections throughout the Marvel Universe, if Marvel had cared.
    Yeah. What could have been. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    Also, Falcon, Monica Rambeau (as long as she's not like NextWave), Sabra, Silver Samurai...
    Those are good characters. I especially agree about Monica aka Captain Marvel II, aka Photon. She was one of my favorite Avengers during Sterns run. So much wasted potential there.

Quote Originally Posted by yvahed View Post
    She was set up as the next Magik and then ...nothing! Let's see Amanda Sefton take centrestage in the X-Books.

I miss Amanda. What happened to her I wonder? Now that Illyana is back as Magik again? Was it explained? I'm almost afraid to ask.
    Last edited by DevilishRogue; 02-05-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Gambit

He's an extremely popular character who has been largely ignored in the movie series as well as the "A-list" comics for the past decade.

12 pages and no mention of any Marvel UK characters!

Death's Head was THE marvel character of the early 90s! I still find it odd how ALL of MUK's output was cancelled.
    I appreciate that most had to go due to over saturation, but DHII still sold, didn't it?

Indeed, Mys-Tech were proving to be the underground power to be reckoned with - I can only imagine at what wonders Marvel could do with them now.

I think the next big thing would be to see them back in action and at the heart of a massive event (Dark Reign, but *really* serious!).

And bring back MUK - but without the incessant pandering towards mainstream characters!

You know who I'd like to see more of?

Brother Voodoo. He needs to drop the ridiculous doctor title.

(Yes, I know he actually IS a doctor, but he went for a good long time being a doctor AND Brother Voodoo... and then he officially adds Dr. to his heroic identity when he steps up as sorcerer supreme... as if being the sorcerer supreme makes the doctor title legitimate or confers a doctorate in the mystic arts... and if that last part were true, how come Dr. Strange's mentor wasn't known as Dr. The Ancient One? Discuss. )