Default My TPB of Seed of Destruction just gave up the ghost!

So after two repairs, my original copy of Seed Of Destruction has bitten the dust. The glue came undone and the pages popped out of the cover like a cork. My question is, do I go with the new hard cover or a replacement paper back that hopefully has better glue than the last one? The black and red early dark horse stuff is kind of cheap binding. But on the other hand, I already own Wake the Devil and I don't want to spend extra bucks on something I'll only read half of.

Is there a normal, hardcover version of Seed of Destruction? Should I just buck up and by another regular one from Amazon?

When they first started doing the new style covers with the red bands, the trades were not the best. I had a copy of Seed of Destruction die on me, replaced it... and then the replacement died. However, Dark Horse looked into it, changed printers and the quality is much better now. My trades are of great quality, and even after many, many readings, they're holding together fine. If you buy a Seed of Destruction trade now, I don't think you'll have any problems with it.

That being said, when my second Seed of Destruction trade died, I opted for the upgrade to the library edition and I don't regret it. It's fantastic, the best possible presentation of the story. And certainly no binding issues.

Quote Originally Posted by manwiththemachinegun View Post
    So after two repairs, my original copy of Seed Of Destruction has bitten the dust. The glue came undone and the pages popped out of the cover like a cork. My question is, do I go with the new hard cover or a replacement paper back that hopefully has better glue than the last one? The black and red early dark horse stuff is kind of cheap binding. But on the other hand, I already own Wake the Devil and I don't want to spend extra bucks on something I'll only read half of.

Is there a normal, hardcover version of Seed of Destruction? Should I just buck up and by another regular one from Amazon?
    If it's beloved, you can always have it professionally rebound. Otherwise, the Library Edition is well worth the investment.

A fairly reasonable portion of my collection looks and gets treated like being barber shop copies.

Like a promiscuous or forthcoming bunch. People would be allowed to touch those. Even family or folks coming over.

But like telethons or reality soaps I'd have followed they make me feel like being the better man for it.

It seems to me the first editions or recent TPBs - like anything beyond roughly 2007-2009 or something like that - is sturdier made somewhat. For a little while there was a pesky problem in manufacturing due to spines not glueing well if pages would have gotten too warm.

I have one pretty loose or wonkily-spined Hellboy trade being an Art of Hellboy softcover. Anything else (from any of the Mignolaverse) keeps holding up just fine for me, even despite all the rereading.
    Especially trades, since I most usually use those, besides letter section stuff or for checking out the lush sketchbook sections from the Library Editions. All the hardcovers both as single issues seem so well-made and sturdy they'll most likely be to survive me like nothing.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.