Page 193 of 276 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 4134

Lebron ending up one of the best scoring poinst in NBA history wont matter at all when his legacy is discussed in the future. Great player are right judged by playoffs,finals performance. You cant be great hall of famer by dominating in the little leagues that is the regular season.

Lebron,Kobe type players who become NBA stars at 18 will naturally score more before they retire because of their long careers,thier ability.

Karl Malone dont he have more points in alltime list than Jordan ? Scoring points isnt the only way to judge. I dont even know how high Jordan is on that list but his dominating in the playoffs,finals is what his reputation build on. Not having less points than Karl Malone.....
    Last edited by Libaax; 05-04-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Are yall serious?

If Lebron were to go down with a career ending injury right now he'd without a doubt be HOF worthy.

Two time MVP award winner
    NBA scoring title
    5 time all NBA first team
    3 time all NBA defensive team
    Rookie of the year
    8 time NBA All Star
    2 time all star game MVP
    Two eastern conference championships
    Olympic gold medal winner

The only thing Lebron HASN'T done is win a NBA title.....There are guys in the hall of fame right now who aren't as accomplished as Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Are yall serious?

If Lebron were to go down with a career ending injury right now he'd without a doubt be HOF worthy.

NBA scoring title
    Rookie of the year
    8 time NBA All Star
    2 time all star game MVP

The only thing Lebron HASN'T done is win a NBA title.....There are guys in the hall of fame right now who aren't as accomplished as Lebron.
    Of course he is hall of famer but he wont be one of the great hall of famers if he doesnt lead his team to title specially when he has the best team in NBA with another great in Wade.

I wasnt talking about his given Hall of Fame but the fact he will be compared to the best players in the game history negatively if he plays like he has in the last playoff finals.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

I guess greats like Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Chris Mullen, Chris Webber, Reggie Miller, Dominique Wilkins. Karl Malone and John Stockton just aren't considered great HoFers then. That sound silly to anyone else? Thought so.

Also Jordan's a unique case as his two retirements kept his overall stat totals lower, if you look at his per game stats you'll find interesting things, for example how he has the highest career PPG average of any NBA player ever.

EditL Oh dear God now Noah's hurt? Bulls aren't even making it to the second round.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 05-04-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Jaw Squad Member

Are yall serious?

NBA scoring title
    Rookie of the year
    8 time NBA All Star
    2 time all star game MVP

This. I mean, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Of course he is hall of famer but he wont be one of the great hall of famers if he doesnt lead his team to title specially when he has the best team in NBA with another great in Wade.
    Magic Johnson never won a title without Kareem. Jordan never won a title without Scottie. Bird never won a title without McHale and Parish. Wilt Chamberlain won two titles, one with what is considered one of the best teams ever and three other HoFers (Greer, Cunningham, Walker), and the other with Jerry West and Elgin Baylor. I'm not bothered to check each year, but I'm not sure Bill Russell ever won a title without other or multiple HoFers (Cousy, Havlicek, Jones, Heinsohn, etc).

No way is winning a title with other HoFers a mark against LeBron in comparison with other greats. If we're looking at things like that, Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest HoFer of the past 20 years.
    The Jaw Squad is dead. Long live the Jaw.

Eh, Hakeem had Drexler for at least one of his rings, and the 95/6 Rocket teams were both outstanding.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11

Jaw Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Eh, Hakeem had Drexler for at least one of his rings, and the 95/6 Rocket teams were both outstanding.
    He had Drex for the second one, but the first team wasn't very good at all. Starting 5 was:

Hakeem
    Otis Thorpe
    Vernon Maxwell
    Kenny Smith
    Robert Horry

Plus Sam Cassell and Mario Elie on the bench.

Some decent players, and I love Big Shot Bob, but Hakeem aside none of those guys belong anywhere near the HoF.

Elgin Baylor never won an NBA Championship...He actually retired the season that Lakers team dominated the rest of the league.

Jaw Squad Member

Elgin Baylor never won an NBA Championship...He actually retired the season that Lakers team dominated the rest of the league.
    Just checked, and you're right. Damn, kinda sucks that he never won one. Phenomenal player.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I guess greats like Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Chris Mullen, Chris Webber, Reggie Miller, Dominique Wilkins. Karl Malone and John Stockton just aren't considered great HoFers then. That sound silly to anyone else? Thought so.

Also Jordan's a unique case as his two retirements kept his overall stat totals lower, if you look at his per game stats you'll find interesting things, for example how he has the highest career PPG average of any NBA player ever.

EditL Oh dear God now Noah's hurt? Bulls aren't even making it to the second round.
    I say this as a LeBron fan: he isn't as great as Barkley, Ewing, Mullen (well actually, he is better than Mullen), Webber, Miller, or Wilkins yet. He soon will be, though.

Yeah, the Bulls are in big trouble. They played well in the regular season without Rose, but they were expecting him to be there for the playoffs. I don't think they have enough faith in themselves to get past Philadelphia, with or without Noah.

BANNED

He was drafted in the war, only reason why he didnt get one. The lakers won a ring when he was drafted. He tried to get them give him one.He didn't play enough games to qualify for one

The Pacers/Magic game has been great. With Dwight Howard gone, I can actually root for Orlando, the underdogs.

This Grizzlies/Clippers game is awsome
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    He was drafted in the war, only reason why he didnt get one. The lakers won a ring when he was drafted. He tried to get them give him one.He didn't play enough games to qualify for one
    Celtics beat the Lakers for the championship the year Baylor was on active duty. He'd been a reservist, and was called up, not drafted. He was stationed in Washington, so he only played on the weekends.
    Landis: You Cherokee Jack?
    Cherokee Jack: Yah. Ah'm Cherokee Jack.

BANNED

Bring out the boom ! Dallas got swept.