Page 174 of 276 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 4134

Quote Originally Posted by Aubergine~! View Post
    Kentucky's entire starting 5 has declared for the draft, which I find hilarious. Not surprising in the least, but hilarious. Unfortunately, they look like they're getting another fantastic recruiting class to replace those 5, which kinda sucks.
    Calipari has embraced the one-and-done concept and recruits on it. Hey, the NBA and the NCAA have pretty much declared it a valid tactic, so why not? As to the hilarity, I'm kind of immune to it since my inoculation on April 2nd.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

oh man Cavemold what did you do this time?

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I'm just surprised the Knicks only won by eight.
    its a basketball game this big leads never hold up come the fourth quarter

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
    Calipari has embraced the one-and-done concept and recruits on it. Hey, the NBA and the NCAA have pretty much declared it a valid tactic, so why not? As to the hilarity, I'm kind of immune to it since my inoculation on April 2nd.
    I have to admit a grudging admiration for Calipari. Whereas most college coaches rotely spew out the NCAA's wildly hypocritical company-line on the value of the "student-athlete" while earning billions of dollars off the physical labor of teenagers, Calipari makes no bones about playing the system the way it's designed to be played without a hint of shame or deflection. He knows what he's getting paid to do and sees no reason to pretend to be doing anything else.

I'm really interested how Larry Brown's old-school ethos will play out with contemporary young athletes at SMU. Could be some fireworks.
    Last edited by kalorama; 04-18-2012 at 04:07 PM.

I'm just surprised the Knicks only won by eight.
    Yeah, Pierce was unstoppable in the second half.

Melo's having another great night, had he played like this all year long he'd be right up there in the MVP talk. As it is I think Lebron's really close to having it in the bag at this point. He's really closing out the season well.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Jaw Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I have to admit a grudging admiration for Calipari. Whereas most college coaches rotely spew out the NCAA's wildly hypocritical company-line on the value of the "student-athlete" while earning billions of dollars off the physical labor of teenagers, Calipari makes no bones about playing the system the way it's designed to be played without a hint of shame or deflection. He knows what he's getting paid to do and sees no reason to pretend to be doing anything else.
    Oh, I agree with all of that, but I'll still pull for Calipari to fail miserably.
    The Jaw Squad is dead. Long live the Jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Yeah, Pierce was unstoppable in the second half.

Melo's having another great night, had he played like this all year long he'd be right up there in the MVP talk. As it is I think Lebron's really close to having it in the bag at this point. He's really closing out the season well.
    I have been watching NY games the last 10 days or so just because Melo has been playing so well and looks so classy when he shoots,moves to the basket. He is pretty impressive in PF position, i didnt even know he could defend at any position.

With a talented scorer like that its a shame he has only Chandler and no other to help their defense to better. I wonder what Melo can do in playoff time with a good team that can actually win first round.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/78...stan-van-gundy

I've never liked Dwight Howard, but I didn't expect him to act like this.

He's been a child since last year. Star players always have gotten coaches fired, even Magic Johnson did that. But Howard's act seems much more. He's wishy-washy, indecisive, and his act is transparent. I don't blame him for being in a tough situation. This is an important issue that isn't decided lightly. But he keeps playing games with the media and wonders why he's looking bad. It's driving everybody crazy, and I'm surprised the media isn't tired of him also.

Pacers have them in the first round.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Once And Forever View Post
    Pacers have them in the first round.

Yes. Yes. Yes.
    I'm not sure how the seedings work in the NBA I guess. I thought the Celtics got the third seed even with a lesser record than the Pacers due to winning their division. IS it purely record, then?

Not that that matters as yet, they can still drop behind both the 76ers and the Knicks. In which case Chicago gets them.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
    I'm not sure how the seedings work in the NBA I guess. I thought the Celtics got the third seed even with a lesser record than the Pacers due to winning their division. IS it purely record, then?

Not that that matters as yet, they can still drop behind both the 76ers and the Knicks. In which case Chicago gets them.
    They have homecourt advantage no matter what. If four teams had a better record, they'd still be the 4-seed.

I kinda wish the Pacers had the 4, because I feel like they could totally take the Bulls in the second-round.

Quote Originally Posted by The Once And Forever View Post
    They have homecourt advantage no matter what. If four teams had a better record, they'd still be the 4-seed.

I kinda wish the Pacers had the 4, because I feel like they could totally take the Bulls in the second-round.
    Oh, no. When I said "they" could drop behind the Knicks and 76ers, I meant the Magic. And I concur with the Pacers being a tough game for Chicago.

Elder Member

Dwight Howard's antics have gone beyond the realm of normal player/coach friction. He's behaving in a way that, regardless of his talent, is going to have to give any team that pursues him pause. All superstars are bigger than the team to some extent, but Howard is acting in a way that barely acknowledges the team's existence. The negatives of his attitude and ego are at the point where they may be actively undermining the positives of his talent. Add to that the back problems (which can be the kiss of death for a big man) and he's in a bit of a precarious position. He's got all of next season the rebuild his rep, but right now he's looking a big tattered and torn.

The Van Gundy thing's moot now anyway, Howard's out with back surgery.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    The Van Gundy thing's moot now anyway, Howard's out with back surgery.
    And the Heat just beat the Bulls, meaning that, if we show up on the last day of the regular season, the Bulls could get bumped down to the second-seed, putting them directly in our (projected) path.

The Pacers could totally beat the Magic and Bulls in 7-game series.

Don't...quite know how anyone beats the Heat four times, but getting back would be tremendous.