Page 10 of 276 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Didnt they become elite players after years of being lesser players in Spurs ? They lived on Duncan while waiting for Parker, Manu to become great.

They didnt come from being MVP to Miami and being Allstar like Bosh to Miami. They were made in Spurs.

Of course Mimai thing isnt new but if there is 3-4 other teams are build like Miami at the same time that is new.
    The Lakers are a super team, so is Boston.

Nobody wants to wait til the downside of their career like Garnett did to get a chip.

I dont want to see Miami and NYC do the same.

I hope team that doesnt have 3-4 allstars wins 2012 Finals.
    First of all, New York is not going to win, even if they get Paul. Their defense is just not good enough.

Second, what's the problem with having three or four all-stars? Can anyone say the Chicago Bulls of the 1990s?

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    First of all, New York is not going to win, even if they get Paul. Their defense is just not good enough.

Second, what's the problem with having three or four all-stars? Can anyone say the Chicago Bulls of the 1990s?
    No i dont think NYC will win anytime soon. What Miami growth for weak to best east team might mean for the rest of NBA im thinking about.

3-4 Allstars in one team is nothing new but its all the best offensive players in 3-4 teams that is danger. If 3-4 teams have all the best players and 20+ teams have nothing to compete with.

It has happened recently in other world sports. The thing i like about US sports is the cap and the fact you cant have too many best all star players in one team because of the salery cap teams have.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

I guess I still don't see how the NBA has gotten worse in this respect. Jordan, Pippen, and Grant were three of the best offensive players in the league.

Elder Member

I guess I still don't see how the NBA has gotten worse in this respect. Jordan, Pippen, and Grant were three of the best offensive players in the league.
    Horace Grant one of the best offensive players in the league? Not so much, really. His main asset was defense and rebounding. He wasn't much more than a solid complementary player on offense.

Yeah but they were still one of few teams with that level of offensive talent.

Boston are too old now. What i mean if it becomes Paul/Carmelo/Amare vs Miami 3 . Then the other teams will follow.

There werent many Jordan, Pippen teams running around then. Barkley got with Drexler/Olajuwon when they were too old to be Miami like.

Superstar players dont stick with one team today, its easier to change to other teams to win like Miami.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

If Chris Paul does make it to NY, he'll make the Knicks way better by virtue of giving Amar'e something he needs (a PG that can work the pick and roll properly) and Melo to work off the ball easily. The potential NY big three are actually more complimentary than Miami's big three and that can work wonders for their team game. Amar'e's already proven he can work without the ball when he had Steve Nash and Melo's easy opportunities skyrocket with a point like Paul.

The defense will be a concern but they just need an enforcer type at center and a good defensive SG. Which is why I really hope they don't give up Shumpert to get Paul, that will be an important piece for them.
    Mos Def's Words of Wisdom:

"Stop being cheap.
    Freedom ain't Free."

----------------------------------------------------
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"

By the way, are the two Lakers who went through spoiled child tantrums and being ejected in their last game going to be suspended at the beginning of this season?

just curious.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Horace Grant one of the best offensive players in the league? Not so much, really. His main asset was defense and rebounding. He wasn't much more than a solid complementary player on offense.
    As a third option, he was very damn good. He shot better than 50 percent from the field. Plus, I'm using him as a comparison to Chris Bosh, since the Heat's offensive might is what concerns Libaax.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
    By the way, are the two Lakers who went through spoiled child tantrums and being ejected in their last game going to be suspended at the beginning of this season?

just curious.
    My best guess is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post

just curious.
    I remember Bynum, who was the other one?

Either way they should.
    Mos Def's Words of Wisdom:

"Stop being cheap.
    Freedom ain't Free."

----------------------------------------------------
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I remember Bynum, who was the other one?
    Odom, a few minutes later, flagrant petulance on Nowitzki.

I mean, Artest got to sit out a game in the same series for a flagrant foul in game 2 when there were also losing very badly (anyone see a pattern there?), I don't see why these should be any different.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Also you dont have to be good GM to lure in Lebron,Bosh to Miami.
    Like hell you didn't. I refuse to believe that that scheme wasn't a long term plan. And even if it wasn't, it's all kicked off by drafting Wade at the 5-spot, which was a fantastic choice, given that he's the only guy in the first five picks of that draft other than Darko to have a ring.

Because Detroit Pistons, Dallas,Spurs has showed team build on team work can win.
    Dallas? The team with the owner who's been more than willing to spend spend spend if it gets wins?

Didnt they become elite players after years of being lesser players in Spurs ? They lived on Duncan while waiting for Parker, Manu to become great.
    They tanked to get Duncan and pair him up with David Robinson, which seems like a relevant detail, if we're on this whole morals in sports business kick.

It has happened recently in other world sports. The thing i like about US sports is the cap and the fact you cant have too many best all star players in one team because of the salery cap teams have.
    The funny thing is, if I recall, the US sport with the most parity has over the past couple decades(Going back to the 00's) has been Baseball, and the MLB doesn't have a cap.

Elder Member

As a third option, he was very damn good. He shot better than 50 percent from the field. Plus, I'm using him as a comparison to Chris Bosh, since the Heat's offensive might is what concerns Libaax.
    He was a damn good third option. But being a good third option doesn't translate to being "one of the best offensive players in the league" esp not in the era he played in. He got most of his points off rebounds and hustle and taking advantage of all the defensive attention drawn by Jordan. He was never really much of a set-up/go-to scoring option.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    He was a damn good third option. But being a good third option doesn't translate to being "one of the best offensive players in the league" esp not in the era he played in. He got most of his points off rebounds and hustle and taking advantage of all the defensive attention drawn by Jordan. He was never really much of a set-up/go-to scoring option.
    I'm just saying, if one is going to call Bosh one of the best, it's not outlandish to say the same about Grant. I'm debating on terms that have already been laid down by Libaax, so your issue might be with him.

For the record, I'd take Grant over Bosh because the former was a better shooter.