Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Angelo Tirotto Builds "No Place Like Home"

Writer and co-creator Angelo Tirotto spoke with CBR News about the influence of "The Wizard of Oz" on his and artist Richard Jordan's upcoming murder mystery horror comic from Image, "No Place Like Home."

Full article here.

The more I see of this the more interested I get. The art looks great. In the future, just think a second before putting the main character on the cover ripping her clothes off. This isn't Zenescope.

Peter Parker's Alter Ego Atomica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome! View Post
    The more I see of this the more interested I get. The art looks great. In the future, just think a second before putting the main character on the cover ripping her clothes off. This isn't Zenescope.
    It was a homage to this... but point taken. :) Just wait till you see #2's cover!

Check out my comic No Place Like Home from Image Comics and 'Like it on Facebook

It's in Previews, out tomorrow!
    Last edited by Atomica; 11-29-2011 at 03:11 PM.
    Check out my comic No Place Like Home from Image Comics and 'Like it on Facebook

For those interested in the book... here's our website.
    Cheers.

http://www.noonemournsthewicked.com/

Any ideas for how long you'd like this to run in a perfect world?
    Reading this week: The Unwritten: On to Genesis, Hellblazer: Scab, Mountaingirl collection

First trade is 5 issues, we'll take a break from soliciting to get the next issues in the can, but in an ideal world, assuming readers like what we're doing I'd say there were at least six trades in my head right now.

Ok, I'm in! Haha. I have a pretty decent budget for my books but image is just attacking my wallet next year so trying to resist getting to a silly amount. I've came up with some sort of scientific judgement equation of the best books over how often they come out oover estimated run length. It helps as well if its something my girlfriend would dig, and this looks like it ticks every box. Look forward to the book :)!
    Reading this week: The Unwritten: On to Genesis, Hellblazer: Scab, Mountaingirl collection

Quote Originally Posted by mushroom2703 View Post
    Ok, I'm in! Haha. I have a pretty decent budget for my books but image is just attacking my wallet next year so trying to resist getting to a silly amount. I've came up with some sort of scientific judgement equation of the best books over how often they come out oover estimated run length. It helps as well if its something my girlfriend would dig, and this looks like it ticks every box. Look forward to the book :)!
    Great to hear, I hope we don't disappoint. Let me know what you and your girlfriend think once the book hits, any feedback is always welcome.

We just posted some art on our Facebook and website, click the link in my signature when you get the chance and check it out.

Check it out guys...

NO PLACE LIKE HOME #2

story ANGELO TIROTTO
    art / cover RICHARD JORDAN
    MARCH 21
    32 pages / FC / M
    $2.99

“HOME AGAIN,” Part Two
    Dee’s world gets even more complicated when dead bodies, family secrets and a threat from the past set her down a road that will change her life forever! Who said coming home was easy?

Oh wow haha. That cover is amazing. Having been reading the bufkin take on the flying monkies the last few years, it makes an even bigger impact. It makes me remember how terrifying they were when I was a little boy. I'd insist to my sister they were lame so I didn't want to watch those parts of the movie, but I always found them ubercreepy. This looks awesome man.

In that case, Issue #3's cover will make you VERY happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Atomica View Post
    In that case, Issue #3's cover will make you VERY happy!
    I'll be checking this out, it sounds pretty cool and I'm usually in for anything horror-related.

One thing I'd like to ask you, how big of an Oz fan are you? I know there are a LOT of books, have you read a bunch of them or are you just familiar with the story that became the movie?

I myself have only seen the movie [and the sequel, which I remember as a kid those skating monkeys or whatever were scary as hell] so I'm just curious if you'll be having lots of easter eggs for people who have read a bunch of the books?

Quote Originally Posted by abysslord View Post
    I'll be checking this out, it sounds pretty cool and I'm usually in for anything horror-related.

One thing I'd like to ask you, how big of an Oz fan are you? I know there are a LOT of books, have you read a bunch of them or are you just familiar with the story that became the movie?

I myself have only seen the movie [and the sequel, which I remember as a kid those skating monkeys or whatever were scary as hell] so I'm just curious if you'll be having lots of easter eggs for people who have read a bunch of the books?
    I've been pulling from the movie, the books, and everything else in between. The first volume sets up the concept with a few little nods and easter eggs here and there. As the arcs progress there will be a lot more for fans of the books and the films too, and of course, a new way at looking at Oz.

Ok, sounds good. I was thinking of reading the Oz books awhile back but my 'to read' list is already big enough as it is ... maybe some day.