Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    http://www.toonzone.net/image.php?im...2F08.jpg&ID=50

MJ's character design for Ultimate Spider-Man. Yay!
    Kind of looks more like a Lois Lane than MJ to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    There were people who kind of took Marvel at face value and thought OMD could be it for Aunt May, and by "hopes up" I meant started looking at it as a reprieve/ Marvel making it up for the retcon mess. And 'Aunt May's gonna die' isn't an appropriate theme for keg parties silly, that's the stuff raves are held for.. at the least, collective pot smoking.
    With posts like that, it's obvious you've already done more than enough pot smoking.
    Highly Evolved Creature Totally Orientated on Revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    With posts like that, it's obvious you've already done more than enough pot smoking.
    Hey, if Marvel ever did actually get around to killing Aunt May, I'd happily join in on a keg party!

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmresp View Post
    Kind of looks more like a Lois Lane than MJ to me.
    It's based off of Ultimate Spider-Man, where MJ did ultimately become a student journalist. (Never did care for that particular take as it seemed more Lois Lane.)
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post

Hey, if Marvel ever did actually get around to killing Aunt May, I'd happily join in on a keg party!
    So would I! But after five years of her death, provided she still remains dead until that point!

Don't get me wrong, I love the character but if Marvel has the balls to finally let her fly over the city and up into the heavens, it would be a great cause for celebrating not just Peter's progression, but also the legacy of Aunt May herself, now finally being at peace and her spirit and principles looking over Peter(&MJ hopefully?) and not being forced to outstay her welcome.

Speaking of May's death, and since this being an MJ thread and all, here is a wonderful scene between the two women from ASM #400-

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's based off of Ultimate Spider-Man, where MJ did ultimately become a student journalist. (Never did care for that particular take as it seemed more Lois Lane.)
    Yeah, me neither, only because the writer thought "braining up MJ" = making her Lois lite redux. If they do not want her life revolve around "modeling/acting", then I would much prefer to have her dabble in criminal psychology (MJ aiding Pete with an Elle Woods(sans the cartoony ditziness of course) way of reasoning and relating between supervillain psychology and experiences with people in her past, both the glamorous aspects of it and her hard childhood/growing up years? Count me in! )

Speaking of Mary Jane Watson, Amateur Mystery Detective, did any of you read Models Inc.? Was MJ any good in it?

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Yeah, me neither, only because the writer thought "braining up MJ" = making her Lois lite redux. If they do not want her life revolve around "modeling/acting", then I would much prefer to have her dabble in criminal psychology (MJ aiding Pete with an Elle Woods(sans the cartoony ditziness of course) way of reasoning and relating between supervillain psychology and experiences with people in her past, both the glamorous aspects of it and her hard childhood/growing up years? Count me in! )
    Ultimate definitely wanted to emphasize MJ as Peter's best friend and the girl he wanted to impress (hence the issue where he tells her he is Spider-Man). I never had a problem with the "Brainy Janey" take. But the student journalist thing definitely felt more "Lois Lane" to me.

Speaking of Mary Jane Watson, Amateur Mystery Detective, did any of you read Models Inc.? Was MJ any good in it?
    She wasn't in it.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Yeah, MJ's only on the cover of issue #3. I didn't read the whole series, but I did buy the "MJ issue" when it showed up in the bargain bin, and it was terrible.
    His memory's gone! Or...is it? It's not hard to fake amnesia! The Goblin is capable of anything!

She wasn't in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    Yeah, MJ's only on the cover of issue #3.
    So Marvel and the writer just flat out lied about MJ playing a big role in it and put her on a cover for what? Tricking MJ fans fresh off the OMD disaster? Sigh. Thankfully I was oblivious to the entire Models Inc. nonsense and didn't even know about its mere existence until much after its publication.

Oh well, at least we got a cool MJ cover out of it!

So Marvel and the writer just flat out lied about MJ playing a big role in it and put her on a cover for what? Tricking MJ fans fresh off the OMD disaster? Sigh. Thankfully I was oblivious to the entire Models Inc. nonsense and didn't even know about its mere existence until much after its publication.

Oh well, at least we got a cool MJ cover out of it!

Wow! That cover looks fantastic! Especially the dress she's in

Anyone have or have seen this statue?

In the immortal words of Luke Cage:

DAMN GIRL.

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Anyone have or have seen this statue?

I actually have it and the guy that Sculpted it (Tony Cipriano) is a pal. It is a Fantastic piece. I guess it fetches quite a price these days too.

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg59 View Post
    I actually have it and the guy that Sculpted it (Tony Cipriano) is a pal. It is a Fantastic piece. I guess it fetches quite a price these days too.
    Yeah, I looked for it after seeing this and you can't find it on ebay for less then about $500.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Yeah that sounds about right. This piece was all over the news back when it first came out too and part of a heated discussion about it being degrading to women, chauvinistic, etc.

The same company is currently working on a J. Scott Campbell MJ now... be interesting to see if they can get it right by his style. Which I am a huge fan of.