Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    BANNED

You know what's crazy? Most of us would agree that the past actions of the coaches and faculty do not reflect on the school. The CURRENT actions, however, make them all look like pedo-defending fools. If they would just get even a bit of sympathy for the victims, I think most of us would sympathize with the student body. But this? If that statue isn't torn down by the end of the week, I will be mindblown. They should be out there RIGHT GODDAMN NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    They're still trying to cover up their mess:

TVs at PSU student center suddenly switched to public access
    Because there's no way they could, say, look at CNN when it was reporting it later. Or look on the internet.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    Because there's no way they could, say, look at CNN when it was reporting it later. Or look on the internet.
    I know! It was a stupid decision that did nothing but make them look even worse than they already do.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

It's like they want to get stomped on.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Princess View Post
    If that statue isn't torn down by the end of the week, I will be mindblown. They should be out there RIGHT GODDAMN NOW.
    They shouldn't take the statue down. They should turn it around so it's looking the other way.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Or get a big pile of sand and plant the statue in it, head first.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

and I always thought Rick Reilly was a jock sniffing suck up

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8...no-true-legacy
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Things I would do...

1.) Tear down the statue - Paterno doesn't deserve the statue clearly and as JWK its offensive to survivors of the Sandusky mess. They have to look at that every day and relive that sadly.
    Agreed. It's a shame that someone so beloved covered this up for over a decade. Statue has to go.

2.) No one in that program should stay . No one beyond coaches who had no clue about it. I posted one of the coaches was hired in 2004 . He is the only one who should be kept.
    Before the Freeh Report, I supported the school. I had no idea how deep this cover up went and for how long. John Tressel was forced out at Ohio State for $14,000 in tattoos and hair cuts. That's like jaywalking compared to what Penn State. Penn needs the "death penalty" for at least five years. I mean, they're saying today that Paterno might have faced criminal charges over this cover up.

3.) Penn State should be paid to pay millions of dollars to the victims. The school should be made to pay so much it nearly bankrupts the school .
    Oh, they'll pay millions. But it won't come close to bankrupting the school.

4.) The football program clearly deserves a penalty of sorts from the NCAA. Strip wins from the team and suspend them from Bowl games for 2-3 years. Strip scholarships . Hell if need be make them not field a team for the next 2 years if need be.

But in every way the school has to pay . They have to take Paterno's name off everything. The library , the statue and more.
    Like I said, the NCAA has come down hard on other schools for so much less than this. The Penn State scandal is in a different stratosphere from what most other colleges have done. They need the death penalty. It sucks for the students enrolled there now, but what happened with Paterno and the other Penn State staffers isn't just criminal in the metaphoric state. It actually is against the law. Charges have been filed and more might have been if Paterno were still alive.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Agreed. It's a shame that someone so beloved covered this up for over a decade. Statue has to go.

Before the Freeh Report, I supported the school. I had no idea how deep this cover up went and for how long. John Tressel was forced out at Ohio State for $14,000 in tattoos and hair cuts. That's like jaywalking compared to what Penn State. Penn needs the "death penalty" for at least five years. I mean, they're saying today that Paterno might have faced criminal charges over this cover up.

Oh, they'll pay millions. But it won't come close to bankrupting the school.

Like I said, the NCAA has come down hard on other schools for so much less than this. The Penn State scandal is in a different stratosphere from what most other colleges have done. They need the death penalty. It sucks for the students enrolled there now, but what happened with Paterno and the other Penn State staffers isn't just criminal in the metaphoric state. It actually is against the law. Charges have been filed and more might have been if Paterno were still alive.

My disappointment in Paterno is HUGE. I had thought he showed bad judgement by not going outside the school after the 2002 situation. I had thought Paterno had no clue about things. To read he did before this and chose to cover it up. That's just shit and I can't look at the old guy in the same light ever again. I even posted as much here. I could see what happened in 2002 and gave Paterno that much and felt he was shocked and had no clue Sandusky was like that. But after the report....he deserves to be tried if he hadn't passed away.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

I hear ya, Supe. Paterno was supposed to be one of the good guys. That's what makes this so shocking.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    I hear ya, Supe. Paterno was supposed to be one of the good guys. That's what makes this so shocking.
    Yep...that is disappointment in what kind of man he turned out to be in the end. I don't even go to Penn State and I can imagine the kids at the school and football players who likely viewed him as the ultimate father figure are feeling. That has gotta be the worst. That he not only let the victims be hurt...he hurt every child on the campus who ever believed anything in him.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I mostly agree, but I'd hate to punish the current athletes on the team for the actions of four men before these kids ever set foot on a college campus. Mind you, if the NCAA made a bunch of special exceptions for transfers, and athletic scholarships at new schools...
    they should protect the kids using tv money if necessary and burn the program to the ground for years
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I don't see a decade either...I could see a year, maybe two...but Penn State is looking at an eternity of bad press for the time being

A year or two is not h long enough to scare the shit out of any school thinking that cover-ups are viable to protect the program. The punishment must be draconian if it is going to work

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Princess View Post
    We're dealing with children who were raped for years and years...and we're worried about college football players? Really? Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't care less. Transfer the players out that need to be transferred and shut it down. Innocent players and people suffer on teams and in organizations get shut down all the time (see Florida A&M's marching band). In the words of The Color Purple, it bees dat way sometimes.
    Nothing wrong with worrying about the players, innocent bystanders should be protected if possible. But fixes for them don't have to protect Penn State

Using them as "meat shields" for the School is complete BS however

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

Joe Paterno may have won two national championships and a boatload of games, but because the man basically ignored accusations and an investigation for 14 years, that statue is now a damn eyesore.

This is obviously going to have severe ramifications for all aspects of the institution, including enrollment and boosters.
    All-time favorite comment:
    Power of music? Wanna know why the original Presence bailed out of the DCU? These two are the reason:
    -Koyomi Mizuhara
    -Mimi Tachikawa
    SInging Karaoke. :D