View Poll Results: What do you think about Gwen Stacy?

Voters
146. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Gwen is awesome! Bring her back ASAP!

62 42.47%
  • I didn't really care either way for her character

27 18.49%
  • She was a terrible character and love interest

11 7.53%
  • Who is Gwen Stacy?

3 2.05%
  • Voting in polls is fun!

43 29.45%
Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1402

Quote Originally Posted by Probably_not_a_Nurgling View Post
    This is going to sound heretical, but... I don't get what "power" it has at all, nor has anyone ever been able to adequately explain it to me. The power of... making it okay to kill supporting cast members for angst? Who wants that power? That power leads to things like Identity Crisis (quite possibly the worst thing to happen to modern comics). It was certainly a good story, but doesn't even make my personal top 25.

Plus you know if it came out today it'd be considered disgustingly sexist.
    The fact that no one had any inkling that it was coming made it a big deal for one thing. The reader found out when they actually read the story, and it was a shock.
    You also have to remember that comics were seen as kid books back then too. I doubt any parent knew their 1st grader was reading a book with a murder being committed. Comics were .20 then and available everywhere, and the general public equated them with shallow cartoon stories. So a generation of very young readers got a huge shock when they were not
    expecting it. As I'm sure you have heard, nobody of this stature had been killed off before, so there wasn't a reason to expect it. Today, it would be old news by the time it was released.

BANNED

Marvel seems to be on a girl power kick lately with all these reveals about female-centric books. Well, if they want to really show they're serious, they'll do right by one of the worst victims of that horrid refrigerator trope. Bring her back, give her something to do, and really make the comeback seem worthwhile. She doesn't have to become a superhero or anything like that, just write a story that can effectively keep the naysayers quiet. This is not an easy task by any means, but what writer worth his salt doesn't welcome a challenge?

Spider-Man Blue probably has more character development for Gwen than the whole time she was in the book. It's also a look at how special she was to Peter. MJ was really cool in this too.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Marvel seems to be on a girl power kick lately with all these reveals about female-centric books. Well, if they want to really show they're serious, they'll do right by one of the worst victims of that horrid refrigerator trope. Bring her back, give her something to do, and really make the comeback seem worthwhile. She doesn't have to become a superhero or anything like that, just write a story that can effectively keep the naysayers quiet. This is not an easy task by any means, but what writer worth his salt doesn't welcome a challenge?
    What would she do exactly? She wasn't a superhero or have any powers. OMD was the time to do it if it was going to happpen.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Eh if you want to change the character they are better off just creating a new character. Less baggage that way. Though more female lead books is always a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jmresp View Post
    What would she do exactly? She wasn't a superhero or have any powers. OMD was the time to do it if it was going to happpen.
    JMS wanted to, and retcon Sins Past, but the editorial didn't want that.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    JMS wanted to, and retcon Sins Past, but the editorial didn't want that.
    Give it up, Gwen is never coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    I will never give up.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

I will never give up.
    Same here. One day someone will bring her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Spider-Man Blue probably has more character development for Gwen than the whole time she was in the book. It's also a look at how special she was to Peter. MJ was really cool in this too.
    I disagree. Blue is an MJ story. She is the woman featured the most, and the one who goes through an arc. Gwen is off in the distance as the prize for Peter, and does very little apart from meet him at the end. It has been a few months since I read this last, but that was my impression.

I will never give up.
    I think your only shot would be another Gwen clone. There was one out there a few years ago.

This would be an awesome time to bring back a Gwen Stacy clone!

Do you think that having two villains in ASM 2 is good news for Gwen? I mean, they can only do so much right?

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    If people want Gwen to come back so badly, why do they prefer to bring back a DEAD person when they could bring over the AoA Version to Earth-616 as they have done with a few of the other characters from that timeline? That Gwen Stacy was no damsel in distress. The alternate Earths are meant to tell stories that can't be told in the Earth-616 continuity. But if they are popular enough, they could be brought over to Earth-616. And the AoA Gwen could have made some of Spidey's stories interesting to read about.

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meehaul View Post
    This would be an awesome time to bring back a Gwen Stacy clone!
    Because you asked for it-