Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: "Buffy's" Emma Caulfield Gets "Ripped"

The "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" alum spoke with CBR News about her newest webcomic endeavor involving a psychic university and the humble beginnings of Jack the Ripper.

Full article here.

Default How Emma Caulfield Used Kickstarter To Fund Her Dream Project -- And So Can You

I'm already in love with this for no other reason than it's an independent comic that got its legs on kickstarter. (Something I know a little about.)

Come check out another kickstarter comic book success story and learn how to do something similar yourself!!

I've been reading from day one and enjoying the ride. Web comics are very much like newspaper strips in the sense that you look for it as part of your daily routine much as you'd flip through the L.A. Times comic section.

In Emma's case, "Ripped" comes out every Tuesday and Thursday. Thanks to web forums, you get to interact with creators and other readers. Comic strips dating back to The Yellow Kid never had this advantage.

Lastly, the concepts are creator-owned. The syndicates of yore have no say in the matter anymore. That's the best part and the one which defines how the industry shall fare in the decades ahead as we enter the digital era.

Just checked it out because of this article and I'm in -- love the context, love the design, love where this is going.
    - JimmyDee -
    I ain't no hot dog, yo.

Link please! :D

What happened to this?=/