Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Issue 1 preview

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    Fantastic! I love the sort of Dick Tracy look to the art, it totally fits the story.

This is going to be so good! Love the art.

The aesthetic and narrative on this page are amazing, all building to that last frame.

Spoiler image below...

Looking awesome awesome awesome.

So I guess I'm sold.

Again!

So there goes another Power-Fishing Subscription down the drain. Thanks Dark Horse.

And if I ever gain a grandson, his name shall be Tonci, Tonci Rockafellah Mike Guy, Kees L. Like a handful plenty.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Can't wait for this series, not sure which cover I like best!

Default Issue 2 preview

This seems a bit premature given that issue #1 isn't even out yet, but here's a preview for issue #2.

well im sucked in now, can't wait for this.
    I'm very sorry to be so late, Katherine.
    The weather is terrible.

SWEET! I'll be picking this up. Has a polished Guy Davis feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_B View Post
    This is going to be so good! Love the art.

The aesthetic and narrative on this page are amazing, all building to that last frame.

Spoiler image below...

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
    River Tamm

Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

www.masztal.com
    www.dogboy443.blogspot.com

I gotta say, Tonči Zonjić's artwork really clicks with me. I especially love the acting. I love an artist that knows how to act through their drawings.

Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    I gotta say, Tonči Zonjić's artwork really clicks with me. I especially love the acting. I love an artist that knows how to act through their drawings.
    Yes.
    Although I would, for your calling such 'acting', instantaneously get hung up on having to call such a foremostly graphical thing - like a way of portrayal more rather than a thing of acting.
    Because: having the characters saying or doing enticing stuff wouldn't be enough, as any such should have to get depicted enticingly enough as well?

Take the bottom panels of Zonjic for instance: those display portrayal, like graphicality, more rather than any acting getting done?

Although I shouldn't get hung up on semantics too much I'm sure .
    Eventhough semantics will be important, as being the sole vehicle for the Meaning Of - well, anything!

Reminding me of mr Mike's comments onto any of his stylistical developments. Of how much he'd still be making use of photographic studies, or studies at least, like even models of clay as mentioned for Hellboy: In the Chapel of Moloch.
    And that a developmental thing might be how he'd be more engaged into molding shapes for drawing than ever before?
    Which would also be a graphical thing, although perhaps not merely compositional or concerning panelling - but more of a shaping or molding kind of thing? Like displaying stuff as with having its own fabric, sort of?

Any of such talk I really find envigoratin'. Like such would really show how comic art would truely be a thing of itself, other than just text or even movies.
    Like no Shakespeare or Steven Spielberg should ever be doing without catching some nice comics to gawk at both as take in. Just for reading I mean and not for merely making any such into movies or 'plays'...?
    Last edited by Kees_L; 12-30-2011 at 07:02 AM.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    Yes.
    Although I would, for your calling such 'acting', instantaneously get hung up on having to call such a foremostly graphical thing - like a way of portrayal more rather than a thing of acting.
    Because: having the characters saying or doing enticing stuff wouldn't be enough, as any such should have to get depicted enticingly enough as well?
    No, I definitely mean acting. I feel like it's an ability that's largely undervalued in comics. Too many artists can't act. I love watching an artist's face when they draw this stuff and the start making faces at their drawings (look at the Finding Nemo DVD extras, you'll see what I mean). The images may be still on page, but if the artist can act through their drawings, then so much more becomes apparent. The quality of movement, the tone of the characters' voices, their eyelines, the strength or intimacy of their touch... I see all that in Tonči Zonjić's work and I love the hell out of it.

Talking

Haha, Middenway!

The creator's faces I have been to witness so far... So far...

On the rare occasions I will be at conventions or signings, where artists will be to sit and draw, I have this running gag where I will be catching glimpses of those artists, with confronting them with either theirs or mine later on if there's a chance.

I saw Mark Texeira draw Wolverine and ehm Galactus or Darkseid both as Doctor Doom or The Thing crushing something. Mark Texeira's faces were just grand to watch. He really does excellent faces, for real .

Or Michael Golden - he doesn't. Quite unmoved, which will be his skill.

Mark Schultz does them but covertly, like really well-hidden. Maybe because he draws women well.

Gary Gianni smirks or beams with happiness at least when he draws.

What I saw of simon Bisley while drawing was pretty good and laid back, especially for the beer or fun being freely available.

William Stout has a posh scarf, like for driving automobiles plus an earring and he can tell the best stories about musicians and stuff while drawing just pristine buffness.

I may not be too sure on knowing about any acting, but drawing faces will be a big thing in the comics or art field, I can tell you that!!

EDIT: oh and for mr Mike, it seemed a lot about the eyes. Like he couldn't fake seeming interested, eventhough he seemed interested for any fan or person conversing with him - as far as I could tell. His drawing face I would describe as: concentrated, focused, in an upbeat or no-nonsense kind of way.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 12-30-2011 at 03:27 PM.
    . ~

Default LoJo in review

First review has cropped up. Very positive and spoiler free.

Default Issue #4 Cover

A preview of the fourth issue cover just popped up here.

That's a burning biplane. Come one Darkhorse, get it right!