Page 677 of 677 FirstFirst ... 177577627667673674675676677
Results 10,141 to 10,148 of 10148

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    But those people are TOTALLY not racist. We just live in an era where people too politically correct......

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    But those people are TOTALLY not racist. We just live in an era where people too politically correct......
    And you can tell because they hash tagged "noracism". False alarm folks.
    Last edited by Brandon McKinnis; 08-02-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    What's even more messed up is that Priest (when he was still going by his birth name "Jim Owsley") wrote the very popular (and hard to find) critically acclaimed top selling SPIDER-MAN VS WOLVERINE (which was also drawn by MD Bright) one shot back in the late 80's and he still wasn't allowed to write the high profile titles.

On a related note, Larry Hama wrote the highest selling AMALGAM COMIC, DARK CLAW, and no one (including that toilet paper masquerading as a magazine, WIZARD MAGAZINE) ever mentions that little fact.
    It is a shame that Priest never really got a shot at that high profile book. I think in the case of post-SMvsW, Owsley was seen as one of Jim Shooter's go-to guys, and when Shooter fell out of favor, Owsley got punished for it. Priest tells the story that Tom DeFalco, whom he had been close with, felt hurt when he removed DeFalco from Amazing Spider-Man, then DeFalco became the boss when Shooter was fired.

Hama also had probably the worst Batman run in recent history, which definitely set his career back. I am surprised he hasn't been approached by DC for a new 52 book, though. He seems a lock to me for a book like Grifter or Deathstroke, and Bob Harras seems to be calling up all his old cronies.

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

I feel tweeter was made to show all us all the racists/homophobes/misogynists and call them out on their shit.

Also, that #noracist tag is ridiculous; that's not a fucking get out of jail free card.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Otchofriend View Post
    I feel tweeter was made to show all us all the racists/homophobes/misogynists and call them out on their shit.
    Nah, before twitter we had Youtube comments.....You'll find racist comments on youtube attached to the most random vids.

Quote Originally Posted by Otchofriend View Post
    Also, that #noracist tag is ridiculous; that's not a fucking get out of jail free card.
    I like the #noracist tag because it makes it easier to spot racist assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post

I like the #noracist tag because it makes it easier to spot racist assholes.
    Yeah, it's basically the twitter version of, 'Now, I'm not racist, but...'

ah, before twitter we had Youtube comments.....You'll find racist comments on youtube attached to the most random vids.
    oh god yes

I watched Tournament of Nerds (Adama vs ICP) and it turned into a flame war about illegal immigration in the comments
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    It is a shame that Priest never really got a shot at that high profile book. I think in the case of post-SMvsW, Owsley was seen as one of Jim Shooter's go-to guys, and when Shooter fell out of favor, Owsley got punished for it. Priest tells the story that Tom DeFalco, whom he had been close with, felt hurt when he removed DeFalco from Amazing Spider-Man, then DeFalco became the boss when Shooter was fired.
    There's no dout in my mind that Priest's closeness with Shooter during the time that he was EIC played a major role in preventing him from being given a major book to write. However, there were still many editors who only saw Priest as only the "black writer" who is only good enough to write books with black characters as the leads/co-leads.

Hama also had probably the worst Batman run in recent history, which definitely set his career back. I am surprised he hasn't been approached by DC for a new 52 book, though. He seems a lock to me for a book like Grifter or Deathstroke, and Bob Harras seems to be calling up all his old cronies.
    I read Hama's BATMAN run, and IMO, I thought that it was pretty damn entertaining/good. IMO, his run got unfairly bashed by elitist internet fans who (I'm assuming/mind reading here) thought that he wasn't good enough to write BATMAN before his first issue even came out. They most likely decided to hate his run when it was announced that he would be writing the book.