Page 499 of 677 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509549599 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 10148

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post

When was that?

Later, Simonson had Lorelei rape Thor too.
    The Punisher: I’m going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants™ Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and you’ll die screaming! And I’ll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Am I the only one tempted to root for Hasselhoff and Jackson playing brothers?
    Right!!? God that would be awesome! While the Nick Fury film was crap, Hasselhoff was great!

Man i thought Northstar's gay marriage was not something new and just a gimmick. The only time i remember in years American comics make it as new article in Swedish national news, text tv news is Northstar marriage.

Maybe it is better symbol of same sex marriage than i thought.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Soooo MIB 3 is out...wats d news on dat?

68% approval & +ve reviews on RT

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/men_in_black_iii/

Barry Sonnenfeld on Diving Into 3D, and the Past, in Men in Black 3
    Friday, May 25th, 2012 at 9:45am

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...en-in-black-3/

Men in Black 3 marks Sonnenfeld’s fourth collaboration with superstar Will Smith, whom the director credits for coming up with the main plot. “Will had the idea on the set of Men in Black II one night while I was trying to direct around four in the morning,” he recalled. “He sat down next to me and said, ‘I got an idea for three: time travel. Here it is!’ It wasn’t specific to ’69, but he sort of laid out a very — in five sentences — basically this movie.”
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 05-26-2012 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Man i thought Northstar's gay marriage was not something new and just a gimmick. The only time i remember in years American comics make it as new article in Swedish national news, text tv news is Northstar marriage.

Maybe it is better symbol of same sex marriage than i thought.
    it is a gimmick because Northstar is a Z level character (regardless of what fans say) do it with an A or B level character and see how that flies
    Support your local roller derby league

STINGERS(2010...5 issue mini) Zenescope Entertainment

http://www.comicvine.com/stingers/49-26104/

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    it is a gimmick because Northstar is a Z level character (regardless of what fans say) do it with an A or B level character and see how that flies
    Of course we all know Marvel did for the level of marketing,free press time they will get out of it. I meant there can be some good come out of it if the news make it that big of a deal. Over here Marvel film populirity has made them more respected than other comic publishers.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

So... I watched Chronicle last night with some buddies. And while yes, I knew and figured the black character would be the first to go... the way the film was done, it didn't bother me. His death made a lot more sense and seem a lot more purposeful than Darwin's death. Given the three main characters, I can't really see the movie going any other way. He definitely was the best character of the film and the tragedy of the whole film and what brought to Steve's death story telling wise felt purposeful and not something to cause offense. That's what I took from it.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Of course we all know Marvel did for the level of marketing,free press time they will get out of it. I meant there can be some good come out of it if the news make it that big of a deal. Over here Marvel film populirity has made them more respected than other comic publishers.
    every time something like this happens, I think of a deleted scene from Knocked Up...its Jonah Hill going on a rant about Brokeback Mountain and how it covers up things...check it out on YouTube
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    On the other hand, no A-level gay characters (and probably never going to be one, short of "Iron Man's gay now!") who have been in a multi-year relationship with a character. Also, for a gimmick, the actual promotion was pretty light. Like the day before the book came out, as opposed to DC's "in a couple months, we get gayer" bit. For that matter, when the book was written, had to have been before gay marriage was a part of Obama's "evolution." Basically, Marvel got lucky.
    The Punisher: I’m going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants™ Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and you’ll die screaming! And I’ll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    On the other hand, no A-level gay characters (and probably never going to be one, short of "Iron Man's gay now!") who have been in a multi-year relationship with a character. Also, for a gimmick, the actual promotion was pretty light. Like the day before the book came out, as opposed to DC's "in a couple months, we get gayer" bit. For that matter, when the book was written, had to have been before gay marriage was a part of Obama's "evolution." Basically, Marvel got lucky.
    It was a smart move..because it limited the time people would analyze the plot. And backlash against it.

Say if it had 2 months lead up with ads''calling it the marriage of the century..it would have been a disaster..if anything MArvel learned from the BP/Storm Wedding. Somethings you just do...dont hype it..just do it.

Oh and the overwhelming support from more than just one writer and editor helps.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Off-topic (and old for that matter), but I think the world is so full of hate that we need to see stuff like this. Just wish I could remember where I found this.
    That Chris Evans Story was all kinds of AWESOME>

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Then why is there such a national news frenzy for Northstar getting married? I admit, it's great he's getting married, but I'm surprised how it's big news when only 1 in 10 people could name 1 Alpha Flight member.

Just saying, it just seems funny to me.
    It made the national media when Northstar came out.

The "Northstar may have AIDS" issue might have gone national too.

It any event, the timing was really excellent given Obama's recent statements.

And the reason Phyla didnt get any flack replacing Wendell was that Wendell at that point was a C lister and I say that as a huge fan of the character.

Even if all his fans had flipped out who would have noticed or cared?

Replace Peter Parker even an alternate one, and you risk a backlash from lhis large fanbase.

MIB3 finally takes down the Avengers

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3447&p=.htm

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    MIB3 finally takes down the Avengers

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3447&p=.htm
    Was there really ever any doubt that's how it would end up? It's more the "changing of the guard" than anything else.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier