Page 13 of 677 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Storm Goddess View Post
    He was supposed to be half and half but they decided on Ma-Ti just being Kayapo Native America
    Fixed. Yeah he was that kindof Indian lol

But he looked to be mixed.
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.

Elder Member

Why the fuck is love an element?

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Fixed. Yeah he was that kindof Indian lol

But he looked to be mixed.
    Wait wait wait... so he was a Native American?! Wooow! Haha! I thought he was Eastern Indian. WTF.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Wait wait wait... so he was a Native American?! Wooow! Haha! I thought he was Eastern Indian. WTF.
    It said in the intro he was from South America. They even had an episode that showed where he was raised and everything.

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/hey-...en-111116.html

Smh at Marvel and no women solo books. I know times are hard and all but...

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    It said in the intro he was from South America. They even had an episode that showed where he was raised and everything.
    Huh. I see.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Why the fuck is love an element?
    They had to get animal control in there some kind of way.

If so many of you guys watched it, I'm going to have to check out at least one episode to see if it holds up.

I just saw Besaro on you guys' recommedation and that worked out...

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    They had to get animal control in there some kind of way.

If so many of you guys watched it, I'm going to have to check out at least one episode to see if it holds up.

I just saw Besaro on you guys' recommedation and that worked out...
    Sorry I meant heart

Captain Planet has not aged well.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/hey-...en-111116.html

Smh at Marvel and no women solo books. I know times are hard and all but...
    Not to be the fly in the ointment here, but the Ghost Rider series does star a female Ghost Rider, but its sometimes hard to realize that considering how much space Johnny Blaze takes up.

Though I have a question that seeming no one wants to ask about Marvel Publishing? If there's no commitment to title diversity during the bad times when its harder to make money, what makes people think there will magically be a commitment when it the economy is better, and its even easier to be lazy?
    Those who refuse to learn from History, will repeat History as they wonder "What the F*ck happened?"

Quote Originally Posted by AgPhoenix View Post
    Not to be the fly in the ointment here, but the Ghost Rider series does star a female Ghost Rider, but its sometimes hard to realize that considering how much space Johnny Blaze takes up.

Though I have a question that seeming no one wants to ask about Marvel Publishing? If there's no commitment to title diversity during the bad times when its harder to make money, what makes people think there will magically be a commitment when it the economy is better, and its even easier to be lazy?
    Well it is not like Marvel didn't TRY.

Heroes For Hire, Black Widow, Spider-Girl and X23 are all recent books that had female leads.

The difference between Marvel and DC traditionally is that Marvel will USUALLY axe a book once it goes below 25K in sales.

DC kill level is something like 15K or thereabouts( and if the book has a vocal fanbase they will leave it alone even if it goes below that for a while).

DC also has the advantge of tying in its female characters to its major franchises: Batgirl, Supergirl, Batwoman.

Both Marvel and DC need to start marketing to people other that dyed in the wool fans whose reading habits will never change.

Everybody who gets a Kindle Fire is a potential Marvel customer.

I'm not sure either Marvel or DC have any idea how to read this new audience.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 11-17-2011 at 06:36 AM.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

As someone who tried that Heroes for Hire 1 back last year , we have to remember...it was pretty bad. It was like the writers looked at DC and decided...hey we can do Birds of Prey and lift it . I jokingly called it Birds of Prey written for the Marvel Universe more or less.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Great question

Ladies & Gentlemen, all d way from Japan we present u(drum roll)...........AFRO TANAKA movie(ahem-trailer-ahem)!

http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/11/fir...naka-revealed/

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Ladies & Gentlemen, all d way from Japan we present u(drum roll)...........AFRO TANAKA movie(ahem-trailer-ahem)!

http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/11/fir...naka-revealed/

That's a pretty sweet 'fro, gotta say.

Care for a Jelly Baby? InSovietRussia's Avatar

Because when the economy is better, the assumption is that sales will go up, and the result extra cash will give Marvel the opportunity to keep some unprofitable books around in hopes of building a reader base that they'll profit off of later.