Page 429 of 677 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 10148

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    I'll ask the same thing I always do -- what makes writing lazy? Because it's a BS term. You want to say you don't like something, you want to give it more of an objective feel, so you call it lazy. But it's a bullshit term. Has no meaning. Can mean whatever the hell you want it to.
    I sort of disagree with this. When Ultimate Fury morphed into Sam Jackson, that was pretty much the end of the character developement for Fury. It seemed that we were just supposed to associate Fury with Jackson and that was enough. You can contrast that with the character development for Ultimate Steve Rogers, Hank Pym, Janet Van Dyne, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, etc. Even Ultimate Jarvis was fleshed out more.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    I sort of disagree with this. When Ultimate Fury morphed into Sam Jackson, that was pretty much the end of the character developement for Fury. It seemed that we were just supposed to associate Fury with Jackson and that was enough. You can contrast that with the character development for Ultimate Steve Rogers, Hank Pym, Janet Van Dyne, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, etc. Even Ultimate Jarvis was fleshed out more.
    Although that was at least in part because you weren't supposed to know everything about the enigmatic spymaster pulling the strings behind everything.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Although that was at least in part because you weren't supposed to know everything about the enigmatic spymaster pulling the strings behind everything.
    I guess you can make that case, but I didn't really see much of that "enigmatic spymaster pulling the strings" there, either. I saw Jackson as Fury reacting to things rather than orchestrating them. If The Ultimates had been a mature book, I suspect that Ultimate Fury would have just been there to say "muthaf^cker" a lot. Obviously, some of that is to increase drama-- if there's a guy there who has a plan for everything, then it's not all that exciting (unless it's Priest's BP)-- but at the same time, I didn't see a lot there to say "this is Nick Fury" rather than "this is Sam Jackson".

And I'm saying this as a fan of Jackson as Fury in the movies. I wish some of that would translate to the comics more than the likeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Yeah DC does what they always do, push that they're diverse before the comic comes out Nd then forget about it as soon as it comes out. They did it with Static Shock( and never even apologized for screwing that up and putting him limbo btw ), Mr. Terrific, Voodoo, Blue Beetle, Omac( you know when he was human ) and Batwing.
    How were any of these DCs fault (except some editorial meddling in Static Shock)? They put out the books, the sales sucked, most were cancelled, 1 or 2 are hanging in there. Do you really think these companies put out books they want to fail?

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    I'll check it out, I like Bryne but he's hot & cold sometimes
    I liked his writing on the IDW Star Trek books he did a couple years back, but his art makes me sad when I compare it to his mid 80s Superman books.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    Sam Jackson was much better than David Hasselhoff was, that's for sure.
    Surely you're not hasseling the Hoff...?

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    That's kinda an unfair question. I want everyone played by Kurt Russell.
    But then we'd miss seeing Scarlett Johanson and Cobbie whatever in their skin tight outfits.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Watch Hip-Hopping First Trailer For "The Gangster Squad" (Anthony Mackie Co-Stars)
    News by Tambay | May 9, 2012 7:59 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...4-123138165f92

16+ Potential Antoine Fuqua-Directed Projects Announced In The Last 3 Years; Will We See Any Of Them?
    By Tambay May 10, 2012 2:25 PM

Thandie Newton's Cop Drama For DirecTV Is A Go + Additional Plot Details + Debut Date
    Television by Tambay | May 10, 2012 11:18 AM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...ils-debut-date

NBC Picks Up Meagan Good-Starrer Detective Pilot "Infamous" (Laz Alonso(from Breakout Kings) Co-Stars)
    By Vanessa Martinez May 10, 2012 6:02 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...lonzo-co-stars

Lots Of Images Of Isaiah Washington, Genevieve Nnaji, Others In Cross-Continental Thriller "Doctor Bello"
    News by Tambay | May 10, 2012 10:23 AM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...r-doctor-bello
    First, the film is titled Doctor Bello.

- Second,
    it stars Isaiah Washington, as well as Vivica A. Fox, Jimmy Jean-Louis, Bern Cohen, Genevieve Nnaji (maybe the most internationally well known Nollywood actress), Stephanie Okereke (also a Nollywood actress) and many others.

- Third,
    the film’s synopsis states, "The Cure for Cancer has been found in the sky mountains of Africa, and an American Oncologist will risk everything to get it."

- Fourth,
    the film is scheduled for release in Summer 2012

Get Out The Tissue; 2nd Trailer For "Talk" Series w/ Jada Pinkett Smith, Willow & Mother Adrienne Banfield-Jones
    News by Tambay | May 10, 2012 10:58 AM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...banfield-jones

Watch Now Before May 13 Debut: Full Episode Of 1st In Jada Pinkett Smith's "Red Table Talk" Series
    By Tambay May 10, 2012 9:36 PM
    http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...le-talk-series

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    They most likely cast him because they used his likeness without his permission. If he wasn't cast, he might have sued them (and rightfully so) for using his likeness without his permission.
    INCORRECT. Mark Millar asked Sam Jackson when he started working on The Ultimates all those years ago, and got the OK

racist
    Support your local roller derby league

Casting Latina Actresses/Black Actors: Revisiting The Hollywood Trend
    Features by Vanessa Martinez | May 8, 2012 4:44 PM

Lena Dunham Addresses "Girls" Diversity Criticism & Why I Just Don't Care...
    Television by Tambay | May 8, 2012 3:29 PM

"I wrote the first season primarily by myself, and I co-wrote a few episodes. But I am a half-Jew, half-WASP, and I wrote two Jews and two WASPs. Something I wanted to avoid was tokenism in casting. If I had one of the four girls, if, for example, she was African-American, I feel like — not that the experience of an African-American girl and a white girl are drastically different, but there has to be specificity to that experience [that] I wasn't able to speak to. I really wrote the show from a gut-level place, and each character was a piece of me or based on someone close to me. And only later did I realize that it was four white girls. As much as I can say it was an accident, it was only later as the criticism came out, I thought, 'I hear this and I want to respond to it.' And this is a hard issue to speak to because all I want to do is sound sensitive and not say anything that will horrify anyone or make them feel more isolated, but I did write something that was super-specific to my experience, and I always want to avoid rendering an experience I can't speak to accurately."

Lena Dunham's response to public outcry over the lack of diversity in her popular new HBO series "Girls".

2012 New Projects We're Excited About #6 - RZA's(Wu-Tang Clan) "The Man With The Iron Fists"
    Features by Tambay | May 10, 2012 1:05 PM

ABFF 2012 Preview - Kardeem Hardison's Dark Comedy "The Dark Party" Finally Makes Its Debut
    Festivals by Tambay | May 10, 2012 5:31 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...make-its-debut

This Week in Black Television - Babies, Babies and the BBC Television
    by Curtis Caesar John | May 3, 2012 2:14 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...es-and-the-bbc

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    [2012 New Projects We're Excited About #6 - RZA's "The Man With The Iron Fists"

I'm all over this.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

I want Idris Elba to play Lex Luthor, if they ever introduce him in the new Superman franchise.
    Because he is that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    I want Idris Elba to play Lex Luthor, if they ever introduce him in the new Superman franchise.
    Because he is that good.
    And a nice nod to Luther.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

i was gonna mention the Luther thing

i could roll with elba as luthor
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    How were any of these DCs fault (except some editorial meddling in Static Shock)? They put out the books, the sales sucked, most were cancelled, 1 or 2 are hanging in there. Do you really think these companies put out books they want to fail?
    I don't think anyone expects them to put out failing books. However, when you continue to put substandard talent on books that need EVERY advantage they can get then DC deserves all the blame it acquires warranted or otherwise. If these books have a temporary shelf life, the goal should be to get the work up to the Xombi level of craft, otherwise they shouldn't even bother.

At the same time, let's not give the LCS owners and the Wednesday fans a free pass either. Batwing is one of the better books in the current DCU and it still struggles to find an audience. This is the type of stuff that makes me hurt whenever the Big 2 releases a book fronted by a minority character. It is the definition of insanity to continue to do the same things over again and expect them to work.
    Those who refuse to learn from History, will repeat History as they wonder "What the F*ck happened?"

BANNED

Not really? I mean, Fury was behind the white heroes. And there was a decent-sized freakout over Kingpin, somewhat less over Alicia, if only because you had a greater focus on Sue, what with Byrne and all.

And then you kind of have the opposite in FF2, I don't think anyone complained about Larry Fishburn as Silver Surfer. Well, I don't think I got too vocal about it, but I might have a little, but more because I always read Surfer in my head as more of a tenor. Almost feminine. No problem with a black actor doing it, just they got the wrong one.

And believe me, when Superman comes closer to hitting someone will bitch about Perry. It's just too early, and there's other stuff to bitch about.

That said, I can understand why they didn't, because it tilts things too heavily toward Iron Man, but War Machine probably could have been used on the team.
    Larry Fisburn as Laurence Fishburn? wow, never knew that or even cared who was playing him. But this is news to me. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    And a nice nod to Luther.
    Heh, you know that never occurred to me, but you are very right.

BANNED

Anyone See the film Pariah? That is a 5 star movie, has 97% fresh and no one is talking about it. I mean it's really well made.