Page 422 of 677 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472522 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 10148

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    yeah I like that

still would like to see Luke Cage before falcon though cause I remember John Singleton being interested in him and I want to see what he could do
    Speaking of partners... it might take some script effort, I say do Hero for Hire. Better title, and when was the last time there was a decent buddy action movie?
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Defining sidekick as a secondary character who exists mostly as a support mechanism for the main character.

You can pull Rhodey out of Iron Man 2 without too many problems. You can't pull out Tony. Whereas, you can pull out neither Riggs nor Murtaugh out of any Lethal Weapon film. Well, maybe both of them out of 4, but that's for other reasons.
    No you can't. The whole reason Hammer got the armor was because of Rhodes and the whole reason Tony survived the final battle was because of Rhodes.

Oh, and script effort, because it might be rough explaining how Black Superman and White Magic Kung Fu Guy get together to beat people up for money. Unless you just start them off semi-established as metahuman detectives, go into backstory more through flashback. Which would kick more ass anyway.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

-Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    No you can't. The whole reason Hammer got the armor was because of Rhodes and the whole reason Tony survived the final battle was because of Rhodes.
    It's easy enough to write another way Hammer got the armor, and Tony survives the end battle because he's more competent. Rhodey's story arc wasn't about him growing as a character, so much as helping Tony grow as a character. The same way you could have easily written out the Warriors Three, Sif and Heimdall out of Thor. Or the Howling Commandos out of Cap.

-Expletive Deleted

"Easily" and "written out: sounds Stalin to me. The fact it is almost exclusively used in cooperation ( most of the time) with Women and Minority characters is frightening.

A person could also Write out. Hawkeye. Black Widow. etc..All the same its quite ludicrous.

Why do Minorities get this treatment the most..tho its like their accomplishments/ relationships are constantly getting retconned--or at least at a higher rate than whites.

Also, On the Diversity front between the big 2..DC is killing MArvel.

Last edited by RolandJP; 05-09-2012 at 12:45 AM.
    "Artists use Lies to tell the Truth!"
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP"Roland=pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    "Easily" and "written out: sounds Stalin to me. The fact it is almost exclusively used in cooperation ( most of the time) with Women and Minority characters is frightening.

A person could also Write out. Hawkeye. Black Widow. etc..All the same its quite ludicrous.

Why do Minorities get this treatment the most..tho its like their accomplishments/ relationships are constantly getting retconned--or at least at a higher rate than whites.
    Ooooook.... I think you may be looking into this a little too deep. And possibly losing the forest for the trees. Putting horse before cart, and other such metaphors.

It has nothing to do with minorities or women. It has to do with being secondary characters being easily written out. NOW you get to come around and complain about minorities and women being mostly written as secondary characters as opposed main protagonists/antagonists.

But really, Stalin? Because whether or not fictional characters are essential to a plot line has anything to do with genocide? I think you may be skirting Godwin's Law with that one.

-Expletive Deleted

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Speaking of partners... it might take some script effort, I say do Hero for Hire. Better title, and when was the last time there was a decent buddy action movie?
    id dig this, i'd really like this as a movie

Oh, and script effort, because it might be rough explaining how Black Superman and White Magic Kung Fu Guy get together to beat people up for money. Unless you just start them off semi-established as metahuman detectives, go into backstory more through flashback. Which would kick more ass anyway.
    i'd go with the latter no doubt

does ray park still want to play iron fist?
    can he do it?
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    id dig this, i'd really like this as a movie

i'd go with the latter no doubt

does ray park still want to play iron fist?
    can he do it?
    I don't know that he's the best actor for the role. Physically, sure. He's Snake Eyes in the new GI Joe movie. Watch the trailer, he still moves great.

And then I realize, better description for Cage than Black Superman, Bulletproof Shaft.

-Expletive Deleted

yeah I was figuring he could do it physically but danny looks nothing like him

bulletproof shaft does work better since cage can't leap tall buildings in a single bound or use heat vision

Elder Member

Just found this

I don't think it has to be an either/or.

Do an Iron Fist movie. Then do a Power Man movie. Then do Heroes for Hire.

You could even connect them up.

The post credit scene for Iron Fist could be the big bad hiring Cage (who wouldn't know he was working for a bad guy) to stop Danny Rand for him.

P.S.: Ultimate Falcon isn't so much Rhodey as he is Henry Pym without the mental health issues.

So you just have Dr. Sam Wilson, SHIELD researcher and Falconry enthuiast, field testing his flying rig in the South American jungles when stuff goes wrong.

That way he would be both Cap's partner in ass kicking and his Q much like Howard Stark was.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 05-09-2012 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Just found this

i remember they squashed their beef but that's all stories and no video

like nas had to stop his brother jungle from blasting tupac when he went out to NYC

am I the only one who has never liked the Falcon, ever?
    Support your local roller derby league

In order to do any period pieces in the Marvel Movie Universe there has to be a SHIELD cover up going on which essentially hides any good deeds they've done. As far as most of the public knows the Avengers are the first of thier kind aside from the obvious Captain America. This was established in Iron Man when Fury asked if Stark thinks he's the only superhero. That really limits the ability to do a Luke Cage movie set in the 70s.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I don't think it has to be an either/or.

Do an Iron Fist movie. Then do a Power Man movie. Then do Heroes for Hire.

You could even connect them up.

The post credit scene for Iron Fist could be the big bad hiring Cage (who wouldn't know he was working for a bad guy) to stop Danny Rand for him.

P.S.: Ultimate Falcon isn't so much Rhodey as he is Henry Pym without the mental health issues.

So you just have Dr. Sam Wilson, SHIELD researcher and Falconry enthuiast, field testing his flying rig in the South American jungles when stuff goes wrong.

That way he would be both Cap's partner in ass kicking and his Q much like Howard Stark was.
    Thanks for doubly reinforcing what I originally though, Vic. With this new information (at least to me anyway), not only would it be considered a mistake to have Falcon be Snap Wilson, but it would enough for me NOT to pay to see Captain America 2. There is literally no excuse for Sam Wilson to be a pimp in the MovieVerse.
    Those who refuse to learn from History, will repeat History as they wonder "What the F*ck happened?"