Page 416 of 677 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 10148
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    Thanks. A link to our site as well would be appreciated.

And I should really fix that word balloon in that last panel. That tangent is annoying me.
    The Didio strip from a couple weeks ago still makes me laugh, then angry and then back to laughing
    Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew
    Get well Christ Bearer

LATEEF CROWDER deserves his own movie ....

If Scott Adkins can get dat much attention with Hollywood giving him lead actor in mo & mo movies....Y not Lateef?

SPREAD D WORD(facebuk, twitter, myspace, youtube, email, friends, colleagues, strangers & relatives)....GV LATEEF CROWDER HIS OWN MOVIE.

Did any1 or is any1 gonna get dis?

Preview: Arcana Presents Intrinsic #1

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=12307

D preview pages luks gr8 as does d premise & has a pretty diverse cast(3 females, 2 Asians, 2 Caucasian males & a Black guy).

Edit:

Here's wat we cud find out abt d brutha with white hair.

PHILOSOPHER REX is his name & had a grafik novel released in 2010 as a collection of a 5 issue mini series dat was released earlier by Arcana studios.

Here r d previews of d interior pages...

http://www.millerbroscomics.com/PHILOSOPHER%20REX.html
    http://www.millerbroscomics.com/REX%20ISSUE%205.html
    http://www.millerbroscomics.com/REX%20ISSUE%203.html
    http://www.brokenfrontier.com/headli...hilosopher-rex

Here r d reviews of PHILOSOPHER REX...

Geek Syndicate: Philosopher Rex Vol. 1 Review
    Posted by vichussmith on July 23, 2010
    http://geeksyndicate.wordpress.com/2...-rex-1-review/

Philosopher Rex Review
    Posted by Jason Wilkins on Aug 27, 2010
    http://www.brokenfrontier.com/review...hilosopher-rex

AICN COMICS REVIEWS:
    Published at: Oct 13, 2010 5:27:37 PM CDT

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47013#11

PHILOSOPHER REX Vol.1
    By Ian & Jason Miller (writers), Geraldo Borges, Rick Silver, Ricardo Soathman, & Adidia Wardina (pencils), Junior Capoeira, Estudio Haus, Cristiano Lopez De Sousa, Alex Silva, & Rick Silver (inks)
    Arcana Studios

Screw Doctor Strange, there’s a new mystic in town. The Brothers Miller (Ian & Jason) inject new life into the genre of sorcerers and modern magic in this trade paperback collecting the first five issues of PHILOSOPHER REX. Dr. Ishmael Stone is a traveling mystic and monster hunter whose cold demeanor houses enormous magical powers. Along with him is a cadre of characters: psychic con men, boy masters of mystic weapons, a half ghost/half witch (a ghost-wich?), and a blind monster detector, all of whom are both fun and powerful additions to a paranormal team supreme. Part DOCTOR STRANGE, part GHOST HUNTERS, part SCOOBY DOO, PHILOSOPHER REX is both fun and scary all at once. Much like X-FILES, the Doc and his team travel the country taking on one paranormal case after another. Be they evil possessed wolves or possessed townies who cannot die, the Doc and his crew seem ready for anything. The Miller Brothers write tightly woven stories and juggle the varied characters with ease. I especially liked the next to last story told from the diary of a young woman in peril that the doc and his crew come to the aid of. Though these five issues are drawn by various artists, the people behind this book are to be commended for making the art style consistent from one issue to the next. All of the artists mentioned above seem to have a firm grasp of drawing and inking both fantastical and mystic imagery and switches from one to the other without a beat. This is a strong effort from Arcana and worth checking out by anyone who longs for magic done right. I received PHILOSOPHER REX a while back, but with SDCC and other things, I didn’t have a chance until now to check the book out. Now I’m kicking myself for not reading it and passing the word on to you all sooner. Be sure to check out this graphic novel. It’s magically delicious!

NEW EXPENENDABLE TRAILER(APRIL 30TH) with nu footage, dialogue & action scenes

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...-trailer-hits/

Evil genius comics
    Comic Book Review: Philosopher Rex TPB
    Sunday, June 27, 2010
    http://blogmonster.evilgeniuscomics....r-rex-tpb.html

Coming in August from Arcana Studios is the Philosopher Rex Trade Paperback collecting the first five issues of this supernatural thriller.

Inside we see Doctor Ishmael Stone, an impossibly old but vibrant man, combat mystical threats including demonic beasties and ghosts, along with his team. Stone is a Philosopher, a member of a group of powerful mystics chosen to defend the world from malevolent intent.

The first story has Stone and his team go to a mining town where strange things have been happening including many deaths. But what looks to be just a run-of-the-mill demon incursion turns into something more complicated when the demons start breaking the rules. Whatever the problem, Stone will end up questioning God about the events. A cool scene, that, with God.

The second story involves a woman with a possessed apartment. The final story was a gruesomly dark story about all the children of a small town killing all of the adults.

The Miller brothers keep us guessing through the stories and wanting to find out what really is going on, and how Stone and the others will solve the problem. They are interesting and dark mystic mysteries with some intense action thrown in for good measure.

The art carries the story well, and the demons are particularly cool looking.

It's clear there are more stories of Stone and the Philosophers. Not all of our questions have been answered. Here's hoping the Miller brothers will be giving us more Philosopher Rex
    Seems dis PHILOSOPHER REX xcter is sum kinda 'Dr.Strange'.
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 05-05-2012 at 07:24 AM.

Exhausted frm free comic day round up.

But successfully attained all books.

:collapses in a heap:
    "Artists use Lies to tell the Truth!"
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP"Roland=pinnacle of objectivity"

Elder Member

So is it safe to say that Nick Fury is the main character in The Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    So is it safe to say that Nick Fury is the main character in The Avengers?
    I thought Sam did a heck of a good job being the understated commander of ShIELD.

He brought the BAdass without screaming. Score another one for MARVEL films. The movies show comic fans there is no need to fear a little diversity in entertainment.

Hopefully this will translate.
    "Artists use Lies to tell the Truth!"
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP"Roland=pinnacle of objectivity"

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

I already had this on the long list of movies this summer but DAMN was that awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post

Dis is d title dat deserves a cum bak...

GAMBIT & BISHOP: Sons of d Atom(1999-2001)
    http://www.comicvine.com/gambit-bish...atom/49-10906/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rB1T_blog.html

‘The Avengers’: Is Nick Fury the new face of Black Power?
    By Paul Francis

Regardless of any issues I may have with the current state of corporate comic book properties and all ancillary products, I gotta give ‘The Avengers’ my support. I saw this movie and was truly impressed by director Joss Whedon’s “nerd instincts” and knack for clever banter, but I was still confused as to who was the main character (as a writer myself, I think about these things).

A scene from "The Avengers.” (The Avengers, assembled. | Marvel Studios via Reuters) This is a challenge with ensemble movies, they generally still need a primary character arc to give the story a spine. I was expecting it to be Captain America, the first Avenger. Or maybe they’d give a lesser known character like Hawkeye a chance to shine like in the original Avengers comic book. Or, knowing Whedon’s female empowerment brand, he’d make it Black Widow’s story.

All of those characters get their chatty due. But then it hit me. “This is Nick Fury’s story!” AND THAT’S PRETTY COOL. A movie about a black guy who’s (more or less) in charge of a group of “Earth’s Mightiest Heroes” is a small revolutionary act that should be applauded. I’m curious to see if anybody notices.

In a way, ‘The Avengers,’ (kind of like the first season of ‘The Wire’) is a movie about a guy (Fury) with a job who has to fight his bosses in order to do it effectively. I think they call that “The Plight of the Middle Manager.” I don’t want to give too much away – but it’s almost like he’s the GM of a professional basketball team, having to manage egos (and tempers) at every turn. When he’s not trying to recruit talent, he has to wrestle with ownership and their kooky, out of touch ideas. And the team he’s facing is from outer space with a much higher payroll. Yeah it all makes sense. Pretty slick!

Don’t get me wrong though, it’s an ensemble movie that labors hard to give every larger than life character their due. They even have the requisite locker room scuffles and group therapy sessions.

Whedon is good at giving us what we want in that regard. There is lots of money on the screen, and we all want to see ‘Thor’ and ‘The Hulk’ duke it out a little bit. The great thing about such iconic characters is that their issues are familiar to us, and out there for us to enjoy and relate to.

But with all the kaboom, it’s actually a more pedestrian story that holds it all together. (This must be that “super heroes/everyday problems” formula Marvel has trademarked). Where the film is most successful is in giving us a peek behind the scenes at a guy whose job it is to apply power intelligently, and how difficult that can be. Nick Fury may be my favorite super hero right now!

And they won’t even give the brother any super powers. (Man, they even took one of his eyes). I guess that’s just how it’s gotta to be for the a black man in charge. It just makes him cooler, anyway.

And we’ll see what happens, if anything, with THE BLACK PANTHER (again, no super powers).

Interesting Article. I think Whedon did a really good job with Nick Fury in this movie. And in a way it was sort of his movie. It opened with him, closed with him and he was really integral throughout.

Really enjoyed all the characters in this film

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    I thought Sam did a heck of a good job being the understated commander of ShIELD.

He brought the BAdass without screaming. Score another one for MARVEL films. The movies show comic fans there is no need to fear a little diversity in entertainment.

Hopefully this will translate.
    Oh god yes. When he brought out that rocket launcher...damn!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rB1T_blog.html

Interesting Article. I think Whedon did a really good job with Nick Fury in this movie. And in a way it was sort of his movie. It opened with him, closed with him and he was really integral throughout.

Really enjoyed all the characters in this film
    I posted this already

Still the more attention to it the better I suppose :P

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Oh god yes. When he brought out that rocket launcher...damn!

I posted this already

Still the more attention to it the better I suppose :P
    my bad bro I missed it

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Yknow I wonder since Whedon wants a more personal story will he bring in characters that are "dark reflections of the Avengers" Like the MoE or some type of supervillain team? I don't think we have seen that either in comicbook movies at all. I think eventually this will need to happen instead of fighting a single big bad.