Page 386 of 677 FirstFirst ... 286336376382383384385386387388389390396436486 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 10148

Quote Originally Posted by Xothermic View Post
    I am absolutely not being funny. I really don't know what you are talking about right now. Again, I'm serious.

Edit- Sorry. Are you talking about Steve Harvey? If so, he doesn't say anything religious in the movie. The movie itself is not religious and it's a decent movie. But I can understand if you wouldn't want to watch the movie if you are sticking with your beliefs. I understand. I'm dead serious.
    I don't support bigots in any way, and I expect that he makes part of the profits from this. that is the Same reason I stoped giving kids copies of Enders game. It just a fetish of mine that I don't give any money to people who openly despise me or my family for what we are.

I have no problem with anyone who wants to see the movie, but that scumbag is not getting any of my money if I can help it.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Documentary Channel Presents TV Premiere Of "What Black Men Think" (Addressing Myths, Stereotypes, More)
    Television by Tambay | April 14, 2012 10:02 AM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...ereotypes-more

Kevin Hart To Star in BET Original Pilot Series "House Husbands" (Spoof of the "Wives" Franchise)
    Television by Vanessa Martinez | April 13, 2012 5:58 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...4-123138165f92

New In Theaters This Weekend: "On The 7th Day," "Life, Love, Soul," "Budz House," NYAFF!
    News by Tambay | April 13, 2012 5:05 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...s-this-weekend

Just Don't Call Him "The Black Guy From 'The 40-Year Old Virgin'"...
    Features by Tambay | April 13, 2012 2:36 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...ear-old-virgin

Larenz Tate Plays Twin Brothers On Opposite Sides of Law in BET Original Film "Gun Hill"
    Television by Vanessa Martinez | April 14, 2012 10:53 AM

Official Full Synopsis For "Django Unchained" Released!
    News by Tambay | April 13, 2012 12:32 PM

:

Set in the South two years before the Civil War, DJANGO UNCHAINED stars Academy Award®-winner Jamie Foxx as Django, a slave whose brutal history with his former owners lands him face-to-face with German-born bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Academy Award®-winner Christoph Waltz). Schultz is on the trail of the murderous Brittle brothers, and only Django can lead him to his bounty. The unorthodox Schultz acquires Django with a promise to free him upon the capture of the Brittles - dead or alive.

Success leads Schultz to free Django, though the two men choose not to go their separate ways. Instead, Schultz seeks out the South's most wanted criminals with Django by his side. Honing vital hunting skills, Django remains focused on one goal: finding and rescuing Broomhilda (Kerry Washington), the wife he lost to the slave trade long ago.

Django and Schultz's search ultimately leads them to Calvin Candie (Academy Award®-nominee Leonardo DiCaprio), the proprietor of "Candyland," an infamous plantation where slaves are groomed by trainer Ace Woody (Kurt Russell) to battle each other for sport. Exploring the compound under false pretenses, Django and Schultz arouse the suspicion of Stephen (Academy Award®-nominee Samuel L. Jackson), Candie's trusted house slave. Their moves are marked, and a treacherous organization closes in on them.

If Django and Schultz are to escape with Broomhilda, they must choose between independence and solidarity, between sacrifice and survival...

Written and directed by Academy Award®-winner Quentin Tarantino, DJANGO UNCHAINED is produced by Stacey Sher, Reginald Hudlin and Pilar Savone. The executive producers are Harvey and Bob Weinstein, Michael Shamberg, Shannon McIntosh, and James Skotchdopole. DJANGO UNCHAINED will be released in the U.S. on December 25, 2012, and internationally by Sony Pictures.

Dwayne Johnson Will Join A Secret Order Charged w/ Protecting Humanity In "Lore"
    News by Tambay | April 12, 2012 8:41 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...manity-in-lore

Jeezus! This guy just keeps piling on the projects! From one to the next, with practically no breaks between. I guess you get while the getting's good as the saying goes, right?

Dwayne Johnson is said to be attached to star in a new sci-fi action project titled Lore for Warner Bros., which is being described as "Men In Black with mythological creatures."

The script is based on a graphic novel of the same name by Ashley Wood and T.P. Lousie.

Never heard of it, but some digging revealed that this is a project that was actually first announced as a pick up in 2010, when the writers sold the rights to the book; I guess they've spent the last year and a half or so working on the screenplay adaptation which is said to have been sold for 7 figures in what was a bidding war between WB, Paramount and Sony.

The story is said to be about a man who is reluctantly drawn into a secret order calling themselves the Shepherds, who are charged with protecting humanity from the monsters and witches of folklore.

Lore was originally published in 2003 as a five issue [...comix] limited series.

Official Poster & Trailer Premiere For Noel Clarke's Sci-Fi Horror "Storage 24"
    News by Tambay | April 12, 2012 12:46 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...ror-storage-24

Clarke's been a really busy man over the last 2 or so years, doing just about everything it seems - acting, directing, producing, writing, etc; I'd say he's maybe the most prominent black British movie talent who's still unknown outside the UK - specifically here in the USA. We all know about favorites like Idris Elba, Sophie Okonedo, Thandie Newton, and Chiwetel Ejiofor especially; but Clarke seems to have reserved himself strictly for UK audiences. But that's likely soon to change, as he'll be co-starring in the Star Trek sequel,
    We couldnt agree mo with d bold.

on current his slate are the aforementioned sci-fi horror Storage 24, a rom-com titled The Knot, a sports drama called Fast Girls, and a yet-to-be-titled MMA feature, all of which are to be released in 2012. There's also the UK version of Bad Boys he and Ashley Walters are developing (the script is written).
    Week in Black Television: Powerful Women and Power Man!
    Television by Curtis Caesar John | April 12, 2012 3:53 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...-and-power-man

BET Unveils Tons Of New Programming & Pickups Including "Middle Of Nowhere" & T. J. Holmes Late Night Series
    Television by Tambay | April 12, 2012 4:44 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Who despises you? Steve Harvey?
    http://www.jewishjournal.com/thegodb...iots_20090707/

http://www.isabigot.com/2009/06/new-...heists-idiots/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Harvey#Controversies

You sitting up there talking to a dude and he tells you he’s an atheist, you need to pack it up and go home. You talking to a person who don’t believe in God . . . what’s his moral barometer? Where’s it at? It's nowhere.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hTnmZkHnTE

I am talking about the openly bigoted Steve Harvey
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    WHOOOOOOOOOOPS!

First Trailer For Tyler Perry's "Madea's Witness Protection" Surfaces
    News by Tambay | April 17, 2012 8:35 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...ction-surfaces

http://movies.yahoo.com/video/ymovie...ailer-28981276
    Eugene Levy can play in some good movies and a lot of bad ones "The Man" . The guy has a decent track record. I don't know about yet another Midea movie. At this rate what does Tyler Perry do next ? "Madea Goes to Space !"

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Man if Minorities ever thought like that, we wouldnt have nothing to watch, read, eat, drink,wear--no medical care or jobs.

LOL

Congrats to Steve Harvey.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    I don't support bigots in any way, and I expect that he makes part of the profits from this. that is the Same reason I stoped giving kids copies of Enders game. It just a fetish of mine that I don't give any money to people who openly despise me or my family for what we are.

I have no problem with anyone who wants to see the movie, but that scumbag is not getting any of my money if I can help it.
    And my main belief is ...Steve Harvey isn't funny at all. I mean that is why I never watched. His TV show made me realize just how boring he is. Also he had Cedric the Entertainer on as a character. But really ... the guy had talent but really on this crap fest of a show was wasted.

So my belief is ... money wasted on Steve Harvey could be better spent on Chris Rock , Dave Chappelle or a classic Richard Pryor concert DVD.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the core audience (women of all races) for both the BACHELOR and BACHELORETTE are the same core audience that watched THE FLAVOR OF LOVE and I LOVE NEW YORK. So I think that the core audience would watch both shows if the Bachelor and Bachelorette were black.
    Quoted for the truth

Also I can't be mad at Jayden Smith, that kid hustles
    Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew
    Get well Christ Bearer

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Eugene Levy can play in some good movies and a lot of bad ones "The Man" . The guy has a decent track record. I don't know about yet another Midea movie. At this rate what does Tyler Perry do next ? "Madea Goes to Space !"

And my main belief is ...Steve Harvey isn't funny at all. I mean that is why I never watched. His TV show made me realize just how boring he is. Also he had Cedric the Entertainer on as a character. But really ... the guy had talent but really on this crap fest of a show was wasted.

So my belief is ... money wasted on Steve Harvey could be better spent on Chris Rock , Dave Chappelle or a classic Richard Pryor concert DVD.
    I think Pryor is a genius but i think Harvey is a funny dude. Harvey is a clean comedian and for some its a BIG turn off.
    They like hearin Muthaf*ckin this..and muthaf*ckin that.

Depends on my mood. Still, I hate comedians that curse for cursin sake. I gots me a mic and now im gonna curse..my ass off. Laugh wit me.

PS. Tarantino can piss off. DJANGO is just an excuse to say the n*word ending in "ER" and not "AH" a million times in a movie.

If Im wrong...Ill gladly apologize.
    Last edited by RolandJP; 04-22-2012 at 02:48 PM.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    If you didn't like #1 this probably wont change your mind.

We are introduced to the current Witch Queen of New Orlenes and and Dom gets a helper the ghost of a Jazz Trumpeter to explain stuff to her (and the audience).

It's kinda moving slow but I don't see how you could make it move any faster and explain stuff(who are these folks and why do they all want the main character dead?) at the same time.
    Picked up and read my copy today. I enjoyed it, there's some explanations coming at us to help us with what's going on, but nothing for me to really care for the main lead. I also don't think she would have been as calm and relax as she's been. Just seems off.

Loved that Ogun and Kalfu are directly involved with the main plot. I was shocked to hear of a character having an affair with them. Yeesh.

I'm finding more enjoyment based on my own knowledge of some of these characters and mythology. I honestly can't see much people without an interest or some knowledge of Vodou-lore caring with this book at the rate its going.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Elder Member

I've only just finished the first issue of Priest's run, but...

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I've only just finished the first issue of Priest's run, but...

ONE OF US....

Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

PS. Tarantino can piss off. DJANGO is just an excuse to say the n*word ending in "ER" and not "AH" a million times in a movie.

Heh..that's pretty much how I feel, except I won't be apologizing.
    "Moving to Dakota to avoid superheroes is like moving to Quantico to avoid the FBI." -- Dwayne McDuffie

My comic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134

Pretty much what I'm thinking minus the apologizing part. That dude can blank himself in the ear with a rusty screwdriver
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew
    Get well Christ Bearer

I think Pryor is a genius but i think Harvey is a funny dude. Harvey is a clean comedian and for some its a BIG turn off.
    They like hearin Muthaf*ckin this..and muthaf*ckin that.

Depends on my mood. Still, I hate comedians that curse for cursin sake. I gots me a mic and now im gonna curse..my ass off. Laugh wit me.

Harvey is intolerant and ignorant of those that don't believe in his antiquated belief system, he only went clean because he knew it would expand his fanbase with more believers

so in short, Eff him

and that's coming from a fellow black man
    Support your local roller derby league

I think it was the Tyra show he went on and talked about his relationship book for women. In the book it says don't date Atheists because they might rape you
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Karre Andrews posted on his facebook one of the sights he enjoyed the most at the con he just left, "Proudest moment: seeing black Spider-Man and it not being a joke"
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew
    Get well Christ Bearer

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Karre Andrews posted on his facebook one of the sights he enjoyed the most at the con he just left, "Proudest moment: seeing black Spider-Man and it not being a joke"
    that's cool to me

way to go miles
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings