Page 372 of 677 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422472 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 10148

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    The Full Nielsen Consumer survey: DC's Complete NEW 52

38 pages....April 2012

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime...w.php?gid=4181
    Hm.

Well if the Nielsen data is accurate the New52 has been an abject failure in gaining new fans.

It did do fairly well in garnering lapsed fans.

The demographic info results we all more or less knew going in.

new 52, eh?

more like the Poo 52!!!! amirite....boycott!!!!

#fanboyrage
    Support your local roller derby league

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Hm.

Well if the Nielsen data is accurate the New52 has been an abject failure in gaining new fans.

It did do fairly well in garnering lapsed fans.

The demographic info results we all more or less knew going in.

Well... Since THAT didn't work (which I'm sure a bunch of us saw well beforehand).

How can the industry, and I don't just mean Marvel and DC, get new audiences?
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    The Full Nielsen Consumer survey: DC's Complete NEW 52

38 pages....April 2012

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime...w.php?gid=4181
    Its funny there are seemingly more fans over 55 (my age bracket) that there are under 18.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Well... Since THAT didn't work (which I'm sure a bunch of us saw well beforehand).

get new readers, Present the product outside of Niche vendors and lower the price to something you don't have to be fairly "comfortable" to buy regularly
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Maybe televison ads for the digital product?

They do TV for the latest Patterson book, and the average writer these days has enough noteriety in other areas to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Maybe televison ads for the digital product?

They do TV for the latest Patterson book, and the average writer these days has enough noteriety in other areas to justify it.

This, I have never read a Patterson book but I know when a new book is coming, same with Koontz cause I've seen commercials for them. Marvel & DC have a hour long block on a network owned by their owners yet there's not a single damn commercial for their comics at all, to add insult Joe Q is part of a regular segment on the Marvel block where he draws( sadly only the "big 4" ) characters while the d-bag host talks with him. At any time Joe Q could say, "yeah on this wednesday when such and such comes out because every wednesday is new comic book day you can follow the adventures of this guy who has his own flair that you might like as it's a different take then what we bring you on tv." DC made a fuss about making a commercial and yet not a single second of it has been shown on their block other then hit and miss animated shorts between other commercials
    Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew
    Get well Christ Bearer

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    Aqualad should be black mantas son ,that would be cool twist
    Naw it'll never work

Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew
    Get well Christ Bearer

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

D'oh!!! joke foiled by broken link

Why do people keep acting like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson invented racism?

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Why do people keep acting like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson invented racism?
    Because some teacher in 5th grade did not make them fail debate class for using "I know you are, but what am I??"
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    While Robin Hood is obviously part of the Hawkeye dna, I think what really makes the character tick is that he's an everyman who thinks with his gut and instincts rather than intellectualizes things.
    He's Stephen Colbert?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    This, I have never read a Patterson book but I know when a new book is coming, same with Koontz cause I've seen commercials for them. Marvel & DC have a hour long block on a network owned by their owners yet there's not a single damn commercial for their comics at all, to add insult Joe Q is part of a regular segment on the Marvel block where he draws( sadly only the "big 4" ) characters while the d-bag host talks with him. At any time Joe Q could say, "yeah on this wednesday when such and such comes out because every wednesday is new comic book day you can follow the adventures of this guy who has his own flair that you might like as it's a different take then what we bring you on tv." DC made a fuss about making a commercial and yet not a single second of it has been shown on their block other then hit and miss animated shorts between other commercials
    and there is your answer....Disney did not buy Marvel for their comics, they bought them for the media rights...tv, film, video games

you really think they give a flying mouse turd about Defenders or whatever third rate book you're championing as "unappreciated" this month?
    Support your local roller derby league

Lol thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Because some teacher in 5th grade did not make them fail debate class for using "I know you are, but what am I??"

They can't the companies have to expand to other venues namely cartoons and movies.

And to be fair here its not like people are less interested in comics or the medium. There are several factors.
    1. money is tight for many
    2. Sometimes people don't feel they get the bang for their buck for each comic
    3. Comics have to compete with other mediums like tv movies and videogames more now than ever.
    4. Many people read comics illegally

so I don't really see an answer for the industry right now