Page 372 of 677 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422472 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 10148
  1. #5566
    Elder Member Vic Vega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    The Full Nielsen Consumer survey: DC's Complete NEW 52

    38 pages....April 2012


    http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime...w.php?gid=4181
    Hm.

    Well if the Nielsen data is accurate the New52 has been an abject failure in gaining new fans.

    It did do fairly well in garnering lapsed fans.

    The demographic info results we all more or less knew going in.

  2. #5567
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,266

    Default

    new 52, eh?

    more like the Poo 52!!!! amirite....boycott!!!!

    #fanboyrage
    Support your local roller derby league

  3. #5568
    Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    13,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Hm.

    Well if the Nielsen data is accurate the New52 has been an abject failure in gaining new fans.

    It did do fairly well in garnering lapsed fans.

    The demographic info results we all more or less knew going in.

    Well... Since THAT didn't work (which I'm sure a bunch of us saw well beforehand).


    How can the industry, and I don't just mean Marvel and DC, get new audiences?
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."


    - Stanisław Jerzy Lec

    http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

  4. #5569
    Elder Member mikekerrIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    23,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    The Full Nielsen Consumer survey: DC's Complete NEW 52

    38 pages....April 2012


    http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime...w.php?gid=4181
    Its funny there are seemingly more fans over 55 (my age bracket) that there are under 18.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

  5. #5570
    Elder Member mikekerrIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    23,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Well... Since THAT didn't work (which I'm sure a bunch of us saw well beforehand).


    How can the industry, and I don't just mean Marvel and DC, get new audiences?
    get new readers, Present the product outside of Niche vendors and lower the price to something you don't have to be fairly "comfortable" to buy regularly
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

  6. #5571
    Elder Member Vic Vega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Well... Since THAT didn't work (which I'm sure a bunch of us saw well beforehand).


    How can the industry, and I don't just mean Marvel and DC, get new audiences?
    Maybe televison ads for the digital product?

    They do TV for the latest Patterson book, and the average writer these days has enough noteriety in other areas to justify it.

  7. #5572
    Forever Hooligan Genki Sudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Maybe televison ads for the digital product?

    They do TV for the latest Patterson book, and the average writer these days has enough noteriety in other areas to justify it.

    This, I have never read a Patterson book but I know when a new book is coming, same with Koontz cause I've seen commercials for them. Marvel & DC have a hour long block on a network owned by their owners yet there's not a single damn commercial for their comics at all, to add insult Joe Q is part of a regular segment on the Marvel block where he draws( sadly only the "big 4" ) characters while the d-bag host talks with him. At any time Joe Q could say, "yeah on this wednesday when such and such comes out because every wednesday is new comic book day you can follow the adventures of this guy who has his own flair that you might like as it's a different take then what we bring you on tv." DC made a fuss about making a commercial and yet not a single second of it has been shown on their block other then hit and miss animated shorts between other commercials
    Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew
    Get well Christ Bearer

  8. #5573
    Forever Hooligan Genki Sudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    Aqualad should be black mantas son ,that would be cool twist
    Naw it'll never work

    Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew
    Get well Christ Bearer

  9. #5574
    Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Troll Graveyard
    Posts
    9,649

    Default

    D'oh!!! joke foiled by broken link

  10. #5575
    Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Troll Graveyard
    Posts
    9,649

    Default

    Why do people keep acting like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson invented racism?

  11. #5576
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    31,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Why do people keep acting like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson invented racism?
    Because some teacher in 5th grade did not make them fail debate class for using "I know you are, but what am I??"
    My blog.

    We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

    Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

  12. #5577
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    While Robin Hood is obviously part of the Hawkeye dna, I think what really makes the character tick is that he's an everyman who thinks with his gut and instincts rather than intellectualizes things.
    He's Stephen Colbert?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  13. #5578
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    This, I have never read a Patterson book but I know when a new book is coming, same with Koontz cause I've seen commercials for them. Marvel & DC have a hour long block on a network owned by their owners yet there's not a single damn commercial for their comics at all, to add insult Joe Q is part of a regular segment on the Marvel block where he draws( sadly only the "big 4" ) characters while the d-bag host talks with him. At any time Joe Q could say, "yeah on this wednesday when such and such comes out because every wednesday is new comic book day you can follow the adventures of this guy who has his own flair that you might like as it's a different take then what we bring you on tv." DC made a fuss about making a commercial and yet not a single second of it has been shown on their block other then hit and miss animated shorts between other commercials
    and there is your answer....Disney did not buy Marvel for their comics, they bought them for the media rights...tv, film, video games

    you really think they give a flying mouse turd about Defenders or whatever third rate book you're championing as "unappreciated" this month?
    Support your local roller derby league

  14. #5579
    Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Troll Graveyard
    Posts
    9,649

    Default

    Lol thanks for that

    Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Because some teacher in 5th grade did not make them fail debate class for using "I know you are, but what am I??"

  15. #5580
    Power Corrupts Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Well... Since THAT didn't work (which I'm sure a bunch of us saw well beforehand).


    How can the industry, and I don't just mean Marvel and DC, get new audiences?
    They can't the companies have to expand to other venues namely cartoons and movies.

    And to be fair here its not like people are less interested in comics or the medium. There are several factors.
    1. money is tight for many
    2. Sometimes people don't feel they get the bang for their buck for each comic
    3. Comics have to compete with other mediums like tv movies and videogames more now than ever.
    4. Many people read comics illegally

    so I don't really see an answer for the industry right now


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •