Page 371 of 677 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421471 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 10148

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Isnt Black Manta's classic claim to fame killing. Aquaman's kid?
    That, and being on the Legion of Doom.

I haven't read whatever happened in Aquaman, but the African heroes thing was a bit more plot essential. At least as an explanation as to why the continent is superhero free except for Batwing. Nevermind the usual condescension of Africa being some kind of actual entity, but whatever.

The difference being, at least from what I can tell not having read Aquaman, some character was introduced in Aquaman, then killed off. In Batwing, they were all already dead at the beginning of the story, we just eventually saw it happen. For that story, you needed dead superheroes. And it would have been really weird if they were white.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    That, and being on the Legion of Doom.

I haven't read whatever happened in Aquaman, but the African heroes thing was a bit more plot essential. At least as an explanation as to why the continent is superhero free except for Batwing. Nevermind the usual condescension of Africa being some kind of actual entity, but whatever.

The difference being, at least from what I can tell not having read Aquaman, some character was introduced in Aquaman, then killed off. In Batwing, they were all already dead at the beginning of the story, we just eventually saw it happen. For that story, you needed dead superheroes. And it would have been really weird if they were white.
    IMO, Batwing as only hero well there is also vixen but only hero is absurd but the reasons certainly were better. Now on Aquaman, why not kill the POW or Vostok.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Isnt Black Manta's classic claim to fame killing. Aquaman's kid?

We know the dude is a murderer already.

Do we know if this is still canon though? It seems DC is isn't sure what's still in continuity and what's not in the "New DCU". Black Manta might have to kill some MORE babies to show how tough he is. He might as well just attack Arthurs testicles and get it over with. That would actually be more creative than him killing babies/heroes. I should get an Eisner for my suggestion.

Peace

have him bang Mera...some hot underwater interracial action?
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    IMO, Batwing as only hero well there is also vixen but only hero is absurd but the reasons certainly were better. Now on Aquaman, why not kill the POW or Vostok.
    Either way, to tell the Batwing story, they had to be dead black heroes, it wouldn't work any other way. As for Aquaman, no idea, didn't read it, but what the hell, I'll agree.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

-Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    That was the initial theory on Black Aqualad. Ended up being... someone else from Mera's world, can't really remember, none of it matters, still doesn't exist yet in New52.

-Expletive Deleted

Has Aqualad (Jackson Hyde) showed up in this new Aquaman book yet?
    I have this idea for the next X-teme Games Gold Medal Event--Bear Tickling. Its like Bull riding but more X-treme! You are timed on how long you can tickle a bear before he attacks you.

-Excelsior

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    That was the initial theory on Black Aqualad. Ended up being... someone else from Mera's world, can't really remember, none of it matters, still doesn't exist yet in New52.
    adult parody...Lexington Steele as Black Manta and Faye Reagan as Mera

get it done

Insanity is colorblind Mecegirl's Avatar

adult parody...Lexington Steele as Black Manta and Faye Reagan as Mera

get it done
    LOL! Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Hmmm.

The common argument I hear is basically anything goes except black relationships. At least that's the platform I am standing on. It's analogous to folks saying Luke Cage is too hood. Like don't knock that about Cage ask why all other aspects of the community are absent. IT's the same here. Don't knock interracial relationships(not saying anyone is doing this) but seek out to correct the problem of the lack or perceived lack of meaningful black relationships.
    Very well said...agreed!

Not dat ir is a bad thing..it isnt but d fact dat 4 any prominent &/or lead non-caucasian xcter in a major budget movie oor tv series can never b in a relation with a partner of their own race but is always is 90% of d cases must hv romance with a white person meaning dat any re-curring non-Caucasian xcter on tv or in ovies can only b considered acceptable in a credible relationship with only whites (man or woman).

Dis is mostly d case were both partners r in d core cast & hv huge significnce in d plot.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

he banged her sister

god Aquamann has messed up in laws
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

BANNED

Aqualad should be black mantas son ,that would be cool twist

The Full Nielsen Consumer survey: DC's Complete NEW 52

38 pages....April 2012

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime...w.php?gid=4181

that cartoon has not aged well
    That would imply that ProStars was ever good.
    Those who refuse to learn from History, will repeat History as they wonder "What the F*ck happened?"

Quote Originally Posted by AgPhoenix View Post
    That would imply that ProStars was ever good.
    good point...