Page 275 of 677 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325375 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 10148

Hmm, just watched the justice league doom, it was decent but I don't see the hype behind cyborg in that one. While he was super smart, he definitely wasn't shown combat wise to be up there with the big leagues, he was getting handled by everyone, and was the only hero to need help in taking out his baddie at the end, while the remaining members were able to out battle their opponents on their own.
    Snowstorm Comics is the newest comic book publisher. Releasing their first print "Kindred" from their upcoming comic, "Evolved" you can find out more at snowstormcomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by babybro View Post
    Hmm, just watched the justice league doom, it was decent but I don't see the hype behind cyborg in that one. While he was super smart, he definitely wasn't shown combat wise to be up there with the big leagues, he was getting handled by everyone, and was the only hero to need help in taking out his baddie at the end, while the remaining members were able to out battle their opponents on their own.
    Isn't Cybord supposed to be the rookie on that team?

And truth be told he should be outclassed by most of that League's line up. Cyborg is powerful but not of the level of Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Superman and Martian Manhunter.

I just finished reading Jim Shooters SEVEN comic online (it's free for anyone to read), and I thought that it was pretty damn good. The book has a racially diverse cast and the heroic characters actually act heroic and are likeable. The book is also the type of layered all ages comic that I wish the Big 2 would produce more of.

Here's the link to the entire comic.

http://www.illustratedmedia.com/seven1/

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Isn't Cybord supposed to be the rookie on that team?

And truth be told he should be outclassed by most of that League's line up. Cyborg is powerful but not of the level of Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Superman and Martian Manhunter.
    Well I guess it would depend upon the standard. If Cyborg is meant to be part of the big 7 like in the comic than no he shouldn't, so he needs a credible power boost or he doesn't deserve to hang with the big leagues.

But if they were trying to paint the rookie angle where he's joining the league but as like a reserve member but not part of the big 7, than it's more understandable.
    Snowstorm Comics is the newest comic book publisher. Releasing their first print "Kindred" from their upcoming comic, "Evolved" you can find out more at snowstormcomics.com

Im trade waiting on Vescell because I cant track down the in-between issues.

Saw Safehouse..it was a good movie. Let the kids see Star Wars Episode 1 in the 3D.

They laughed when Darth Maul got cut in half..I dont think thats normal for 10 year olds.
    "Artists use Lies to tell the Truth!"
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP"Roland=pinnacle of objectivity"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post

Saw Safehouse..it was a good movie. Let the kids see Star Wars Episode 1 in the 3D.

They laughed when Darth Maul got cut in half..I dont think thats normal for 10 year olds.
    Haha I did to when saw it.... Yea, Denzel was awesome.

From what the writer says it's gonna be a while before the tpb comes out

Saw Safehouse..it was a good movie.
    I really liked it more then I thought I would

Let the kids see Star Wars Episode 1 in the 3D.

Yeah I remember grown men crying at that scene
    Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew
    Get well Christ Bearer

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    I just finished reading Jim Shooters SEVEN comic online (it's free for anyone to read), and I thought that it was pretty damn good. The book has a racially diverse cast and the heroic characters actually act heroic and are likeable. The book is also the type of layered all ages comic that I wish the Big 2 would produce more of.

Here's the link to the entire comic.

http://www.illustratedmedia.com/seven1/

Pretty good stuff, not too much a fan of the art but the story is good. When is the next one coming out?

Does anyone know how well Vescell is doing? There is only one thread in the Image board populated by four people and even on the official Image boards there's nothing there.

Given how most on the Image board already seem to be on the same attitude kick about the new Invincible( or as he's called there Blackvincible ) that is still at the Ultimate board about Miles it's like only a few are buying it even though my shop is always out of stock as well as others I've called but that could be due to them ordering fewer copies
    Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew
    Get well Christ Bearer

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Does anyone know how well Vescell is doing? There is only one thread in the Image board populated by four people and even on the official Image boards there's nothing there.

Given how most on the Image board already seem to be on the same attitude kick about the new Invincible( or as he's called there Blackvincible ) that is still at the Ultimate board about Miles it's like only a few are buying it even though my shop is always out of stock as well as others I've called but that could be due to them ordering fewer copies
    I've no idea how Vescell is doing. I tried to pimp it in the Robert Kirkman section as I'm cool with most of the folks there and no one there has picked it up. I don't think I've seen that book on most people's lists either.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Insanity is colorblind Mecegirl's Avatar

I'm gonna have to do this as well.
    It is on my list but my shop hasn't been getting all the issues.

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Good catch!

One could make that claim near Florida as well. With Cubans allowed to set foot on US soil but Haitians were/are deported.

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    From what the writer says it's gonna be a while before the tpb comes out
    I guess Ill get the Vescell issues off of ebay.
    Last edited by RolandJP; 02-21-2012 at 08:12 AM.
    "Artists use Lies to tell the Truth!"
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP"Roland=pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by babybro View Post
    Cyborg is the guy that saved them all in the end on account of Batman's files not taking him into account.

He also saved Wonder Woman directly before that.

That version of the league is pretty stacked. Cyborg on that team would be the resident smart guy and not a brusier.

OTHER STUFF I NOTICED ABOUT DOOM: this is the second JLA movie in a row where they dont use Aquamanat all.

Havent seen using Shayera/Hawkgirl or John Stewart since the T.V. series (ok John makes the occasional cameo in Young Justice).

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Cyborg is the guy that saved them all in the end on account of Batman's files not taking him into account.

He also saved Wonder Woman directly before that.

That version of the league is pretty stacked. Cyborg on that team would be the resident smart guy and not a brusier.

OTHER STUFF I NOTICED ABOUT DOOM: this is the second JLA movie in a row where they dont use Aquamanat all.

Havent seen using Shayera/Hawkgirl or John Stewart since the T.V. series (ok John makes the occasional cameo in Young Justice).
    Eh? That's not true. Batman saved half of the league by escaping, and signaling to others as to how to get them out of their predicament while
    he personally handled green lantern. The only one Cyborg handled on his
    own in terms of rescuing was Wonder Woman, and even with that he was getting his tailed kick, as the detached arm definitely illustrated.

Even worse, even after that situation happened, Wonder Woman didn't apologize, didn't ask are you okay, nothing. When she's the one who caused
    the damage to him in the first place.

Add the fact that he was the only one who needed help in terms of taking down his villain towards the end, and he IMO definitely got the short end of the stick, and didn't feel like he belonged with the big leagues.

Was he useful? Most definitely, but could he stand tall with the big 7? Didn't appear that way in the movie.