Page 5 of 677 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Man remember when Eddie Murphy did good movies and not these stupid comedies?
    Everybody falls off at some point.

Eddie Murphy still has the best batting average among SNL alumni by FAR.

Elder Member

I'm not a fan, but Will Ferrell is still doing alright.

I'm not a fan, but Will Ferrell is still doing alright.
    He's doing all right but he still doesn't stack up very well compared to Eddie.

48 Hrs, Another 48 Hrs, Trading Places, Beverly Hills Cop, Beverly Hills Cop 2, Coming to America, Harlem Nights, The Nutty Professor.

Nobody else from SNL has that many classics. Also note that Eddie starred in each of those and wasn't just a supporting actor or writer.

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post

48 Hrs, Another 48 Hrs, Trading Places, Beverly Hills Cop, Beverly Hills Cop 2, Coming to America, Harlem Nights, The Nutty Professor.

Nobody else from SNL has that many classics. Also note that Eddie starred in each of those and wasn't just a supporting actor or writer.
    Coming to America is my ish!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post

um RAW. Eddie Murphy Raw is also a classic worth mentioning. And I don't care if it's just stand up. It's brilliant.
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.

Elder Member

If I hadn't seen any of those I would have always thought Murphy had been terrible. Look at his recent stuff to Will's. Murphy has fallen hard.

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

If I hadn't seen any of those I would have always thought Murphy had been terrible. Look at his recent stuff to Will's. Murphy has fallen hard.
    Is that why you have such a wonderful sense of humor!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    um RAW. Eddie Murphy Raw is also a classic worth mentioning. And I don't care if it's just stand up. It's brilliant.
    Or, Delirious, for the superior stand-up act, though Raw isn't THAT far behind, really. But still, nothing tops IIIICEEEE CREEEEAM.

Well. I guess the rampant homophobia does, but, yeah.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Is that why you have such a wonderful sense of humor!!?
    Nope! That's 100% home grown

It still upsets me that Eddie was supposed to be in Ghostbusters as a former navy seal that was going to be the only effective member of the team...
    I ain't called "harsh reality guy" cause I got the t-shirt. sarcasm is a way of life, it helps me not hurt people.
    more of the same+on FaceBook

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=392172

Casual Racism Appreciation Thread.

yeah...someone put Casual and Racism in the same sentence.
    Couple of those strike me as someone being really oversensitive.

On top of just not getting the "Moo!" one, Kitty Pryde's statement is SUPPOSED to garner that reaction, because that's the equivalent of calling her a mutie, that's anything but casual racism. That's a valid in-universe point being made.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by T'Jai View Post
    It still upsets me that Eddie was supposed to be in Ghostbusters as a former navy seal that was going to be the only effective member of the team...
    Wait, instead of Ernie Hudson?

jeppers read in "development" on wikipedia searching down the Navy Seal effective part...He did Beverly Hills Cop instead
    I ain't called "harsh reality guy" cause I got the t-shirt. sarcasm is a way of life, it helps me not hurt people.

America has never been sold on the idea of the romantic notions of black men because that would lead to dwelling on what it is even more uncomfortable with : black male sexuality. Mainstream Hollywood is no different. It has never intentionally attempted to create a black romantic leading man. Nor has it ever purposely tried to manufacture a black male teen idol, the type that girls across the country would post pictures of across their bedroom walls. The industry has no stake, no investment, in pushing forward a black actor like that because that type of status has all but been the exclusive domain of the white male. When it comes to Hollywood’s concept of a non-threatening black male one key characteristic is a lack of an overt physical appeal, which is why since its very beginning Hollywood has been more comfortable presenting an image of the comedic black man, the buffoon. The movie business has very little use for black guys with sex appeal.
    http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...ubmitted_op-ed
    Boobs

Ambivalent about twitter.

found something like it here under trivia that was when Eddie was supposed to be Winston...

In the August 5, 1983 Draft, Winston's resume was more detailed. [3]
    In the service for five years
    Air Force Police Captain assigned to administer perimeter security at Reese Strategic Air Command base
    Designed electronic barrier systems for Sentry Alarms
    Ended up as V.P. Tactics and Training at Pacific Headquarters until the offices were closed down.
    15th Degree Black Belt in Wing Chun Boxing
    A qualified award-winning weapons handler