Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

There is a land called Passive-Agressiva, and I am their Queen.

Default Minorities and Other Issues in Comics Thread/Community III

Since the last thread is waaaaay over 5,000 -- let's continue the discussion here!

As was said in the last thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cronin View Post
    This thread is pretty much exactly what the title describes. It is for discussions about minorities and related issues in comic books.

Here is a link to the last thread.

-Brian
    And here's a link to the one that succeeded that one.

Now ... discuss!
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you - Pharoahe Monch

Certi amori non finiscono. Fanno dei giri immensi, e poi ritornano ~

You've brought back Stephanie Brown. Now please bring back Helena Bertinelli!

Elder Member

This looks like a job for!

Lego Village People XD

Default Lego YMCA!

Staying true to the spirit of the song:

Elder Member

That scares me O_O

It should!

There are some things Legos should NEVER be used for.

Yikes.

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Uh...hey guys! lol

PS I will never look a legos the same again EVAR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beetlebum View Post
    It should!
    It doesn't and now I think I'm in love with you Beetlebum

edit: I was waiting until the last thread got locked :|
    Oh well I snooze I lose.
    Last edited by Jer; 11-14-2011 at 08:23 PM.
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    This looks like a job for!

Lego Village People XD
    Just for you Wyokid!!

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Just for you Wyokid!!

You gotta be fucking kidding me.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    You gotta be fucking kidding me.
    lol! Whats with all the squigglies!!??

This is coming from someone that's a HUGE Jim Lee fan!

Seriously, it looks like there's blue snot coming out of his nose.

*snicker, snicker*

Elder Member

Northstar is from Canada, they're kinda like Eskimos.

oops, wrong thread.!

BERNIE MAC GETS A TRIBUTE FIT FOR A KING
    WHEN THE WORLD PREMIERE OF
    “‘I AIN'T SCARED OF YOU’ A TRIBUTE TO BERNIE MAC”
    DEBUTS SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 19 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL®

http://www.comedycentral.com/press/p...-tribute.jhtml

NEW YORK, February 1, 2012 – An Original King of Comedy is set to be saluted when the World Premiere of “‘I Ain’t Scared Of You’ A Tribute To Bernie Mac” debuts on COMEDY CENTRAL Sunday, February 19 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT.

One of the brightest and most influential comics to ever walk onto a stage is honored with a documentary that is as unpredictable as the man himself. “‘I Ain’t Scared Of You’ A Tribute To Bernie Mac” follows the development of Mac’s unique performance style and his rise to fame. A tireless perfectionist, Mac’s comedy began in small backroom comedy clubs in Chicago and grew to break through barriers making him an iconic figure in the entertainment world. The tribute unearths early footage and never-before-seen performances in addition to his better-known work, including the Kings of Comedy Tour, “The Bernie Mac Show” and several of his feature films, along with fascinating behind-the- scenes memories.

Bernie Mac, who passed away in 2008, won over the audience with his very first appearance on “Def Comedy Jam,” when he took the microphone and exclaimed to the crowd “I Ain't Scared of You!” It was his sharp-tongued humor, mastered in the streets of Chicago, that had people rolling in the aisles, but it was Mac’s sly smile and warm wit that kept them coming back.

“‘I Ain’t Scared Of You’ A Tribute To Bernie Mac” features exclusive interviews with his co-stars, colleagues, friends and family including Anthony Anderson, Tom Arnold, Angela Bassett, Bill Bellamy, Cedric the Entertainer, Don Cheadle, Cameron Diaz, Mike Epps, Andy Garcia, D.L. Hughley, Warren Hutcherson, Samuel L. Jackson, Ali LeRoi, Rhonda McCullough, Je'Niece McCullough, Carl Reiner, Chris Rock, Zoe Saldana, Kellita Smith, Steven Soderbergh, Joe Torry and Camille Winbush.

Bernie’s beloved and dedicated widow, Rhonda McCullough, played a huge role in the inception and production of “‘I Ain’t Scared Of You’ A Tribute To Bernie Mac.” Rhonda McCullough supplied footage and told the story of her life with Mac: how they met, how she always supported him and how strongly they loved one another. Mac’s daughter, Je'Niece McCullough, conducted many of the interviews in the special with each story contributing to the picture of Mac as an exceptional artist, father and friend.

“‘I Ain't Scared of You’ A Tribute to Bernie Mac” was directed by comedy film maker Robert Small ("Back from Hell: A Tribute to Sam Kinison") and executive produced by Al Hassas, Rhonda McCullough, and Small.

Mac's legacy lives on through the Bernie Mac Foundation. Mac founded the foundation in 2007 to bring awareness to Sarcoidosis and to support research of the disease. The foundation was a true passion project for Mac, who was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis when he was 28 years old. More information on the foundation can be found on www.berniemacfoundation.org. A portion of the proceeds of the DVD sales of “‘I Ain’t Scared Of You’ A Tribute To Bernie Mac” will benefit The Bernie Mac Foundation.

Available in 99 million homes nationwide, COMEDY CENTRAL (www.comedycentral.com), the only all-comedy network, is owned by, and is a registered trademark of, Comedy Partners, a wholly-owned unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA and VIAB). For up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs visit Press Central, COMEDY CENTRAL's press web site at www.comedycentral.com/press and follow us on Twitter @ComedyCentralPR for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.

Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB) is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in more than 160 countries and territories. With approximately 170 media networks reaching more than 600 million global subscribers, Viacom's leading brands include MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, BET, CENTRIC, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., TeenNick, Nicktoons, Nick at Nite, COMEDY CENTRAL, TV Land, Spike TV and Tr3s. Paramount Pictures, America's oldest film studio and creator of many of the most beloved motion pictures, continues today as a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. Viacom operates a large portfolio of branded digital media experiences, including many of the world's most popular properties for entertainment, community and casual online gaming. For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com.

I Ain't Scared of You: A Tribute to Bernie Mac

http://www.amazon.com/Aint-Scared-Yo...3K894960FN0VYD
    DVD Release Date: February 21, 2012
    Run Time: 61 minutes
    I Ain't Scared of You: A Tribute to Bernie Mac is a film about the life and career of Bernie Mac (1957-2008). It was his first appearance on Def Comedy Jam when he took the mic and immediately exclaimed to the audience 'I Ain't Scared of You!,' turning their boos into cheers. Instantly, this sharp-tongued Chicago native with a heart of gold won over millions of fans. This film traces Bernie Mac’s unique performance style and tireless pursuit of comedy that broke through barriers to make him an American Icon. I Ain't Scared of You features exclusive footage of early, never-before-seen performances, courtesy of Bernie Mac's friends and family, in addition to his better-known work, such as the Kings of Comedy Tour, The Bernie Mac Show and several of his feature films.

Featuring Anthony Anderson, Tom Arnold, Angela Bassett, Bill Bellamy, Cedric the Entertainer, Don Cheadle, Cameron Diaz, Mike Epps, Andy Garcia, D.L. Hughley, Warren Hutcherson, Samuel L. Jackson, Ali LeRoi, Je’niece McCullough, Rhonda McCullough, Carl Reiner, Chris Rock, Zoe Saldana, Kellita Smith, Steven Soderbergh, Joe Torry, and Camille Winbush
    Cu