Page 6 of 364 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy55 View Post
    ugh, stop trying to blackpanther the new xmen. lighten up.
    "More like Earth is getting kicked to the curb and Magma just stands still." - Pixie_Solanas

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Still is a good book.
    Only when it's not about Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    Which NXM do you think could sustain a solo ongoing in the current economic climate?
    Elixir. It would be about him being a hermit trying to avoid people coming to him for help, but at night he secretly goes out and heals poor kids dying of infections while at the same time fighting an underground battle with Wallflower's dad.
    XPOTM:September 2010

Quote Originally Posted by FiddleFaddle View Post
    It's Marvels WAR ON NEW X-MEN!
    Why DOES marvel hate the NXM so much?

lol where is this from?

Edited. I meant FF's gif.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziral View Post
    You forgot Wind Dancer, Wither, Wallflower, Icarus and Loa.
    LOLZOMG

Out of everyone I can't believe I forgot about Loa!
    "More like Earth is getting kicked to the curb and Magma just stands still." - Pixie_Solanas

BANNED

Which NXM do you think could sustain a solo ongoing in the current economic climate?
    It depends. How top notch is the art and how top notch is the writer? With the exception on X-23, any such book would require a superstar writer or superstar artist or both.

Also probably going to require a build up of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter F. View Post
    Gen Hope sales are worse than Avengers Academy, it's only still going because of Editorial Will.

It'll only last until whatever event is coming with the Phoenix.
    True but we will see if Shaw and a new creative team makes a difference of course Academy is simply better written then Gen Hope was.

Both Loa and Match are characters that threaten. They are not safe. Strong Loa will never see the light of day in Marvel 616, because they got their heads up there you know what.

Match is a character that has been consistently dumbed down, since his conception, and Marvel goes out of there way to Pander to folks who will never support the character. While other characters got stat drift, evolved..things added to them...he was limited, reduced and devolved. There is almost nothing compelling about some of that older stuff.

For example, during Heroes Reborn...of some odd reason, Match was no longer a genius. This crap never stops...and they will not write him being formidable out side his book, he has been trashed in his own book. Ult. Match is mute..and not a genius. His concept is to much for some subconsciously. It's too formidable.

Look at Synch. Hope has similar powers to him now...and they killed him off, in the lamest manner. Night thrasher killed off. Bishop, turned into a joke, Falcon getting shot by 50. cal...to write him out of the story...it's the same crap. I can go on and on...

And they don't get why minority readers don't read more comics? Who wants to read crap like that all the time...stuff that is crazy biased. It's glaring to me, but par to course for the like of Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Peter F. View Post
    Only when it's not about Hope.
    I've heard people say that.
    I don't mind Hope as much as all the other sour pusses out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    It depends. How top notch is the art and how top notch is the writer?
    Kyle and Yost with art by Greg Land

Both Loa and Match are characters that threaten. They are not safe. Strong Loa will never see the light of day in Marvel 616, because they got their heads up there you know what.

Match is a character that has been consistently dumbed down, since his conception, and Marvel goes out of there way to Pander to folks who will never support the character. While other characters got stat drift, evolved..things added to them...he was limited, reduced and devolved. There is almost nothing compelling about some of that older stuff.

For example, during Heroes Reborn...of some odd reason, Match was no longer a genius. This crap never stops...and they will not write him being formidable out side his book, he has been trashed in his own book. Ult. Match is mute..and not a genius. His concept is to much for some subconsciously. It's too formidable.

Look at Synch. Hope has similar powers to him now...and they killed him off, in the lamest manner. Night thrasher killed off. Bishop, turned into a joke, Falcon getting shot by 50. cal...to write him out of the story...it's the same crap. I can go on and on...

And they don't get why minority readers don't read more comics? Who wants to read crap like that all the time...stuff that is crazy biased. It's glaring to me, but par to course for the like of Marvel.
    :smdh: Prodigy, :smdh:

agreed...

frak Marvel

My Ultimate Match was a girl.
    XPOTM:September 2010

:smdh: Prodigy, :smdh:
    There are plenty others that would probably disagree. Some others would totally agree with what you are saying...and that's because he his stuck in a really stupid premise, one that kind of makes it impossible to showcase those things. He should be doing something else.

If you are a technological genius and you are not using technology. That causes a huge problem. He's a tactical genius...but I will say to wait and see...because a lot of times...there is a reveal later on.

The biggest issue is editorial feeling the need to dumb him down. I have been saying that for a while now. I personally don't get it. They don't do it other characters with this consistency. Though you will have some who will be the apologist this.

If you want to see genius and "dangerous", you might want to pick up Nation X and Quest for Magik trades.

It's only one issue to be fair.

But you have a point. I don't know. Post this in the review thread. The writer reads it.

Marvel needs their new property (Gen Hope) in the spotlight and that can't happen with the NXM around as they are superior, so they limit their appearances.

It's all a conspiracy!