View Poll Results: Will you be buying the SHS Card Game when it comes out?

Voters
50. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes, Iíll be picking up as much as I can!

11 22.00%
  • Yes, Iíll be buying some Intro Decks and Boosters Packs!

8 16.00%
  • Yes, but only Booster Packs to try and get the exclusive unlockable heroes.

11 22.00%
  • Maybe. Iíll give it a try/think about it/depends on my budget...

8 16.00%
  • No, Iíll stick to the online version.

3 6.00%
  • No, I donít play the SHSO Card Game.

2 4.00%
  • I wish! They wonít be selling them in my country yet!

7 14.00%
Page 5 of 308 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Does this game really need three threads?
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Does this game really need three threads?
    i dont really care how many it has because ill participate in them all

you have a point tht three does seem like a lot but i dont mind it
    SHSO Name: Raven Hurricane
    Signature Hero: EOTE Spider-Man

Marvel Heroes Name: RavenHurricane
    Signature Hero: Storm

Quote Originally Posted by michael2mandy View Post
    Are you guys considering a "CURVE" when building your decks? Also, does anyone know what are the strengths of each color?
    I'm not sure what you mean by CURVE..? Is that a term from other Trading Card Games (TCG)? I'm a relative novice when it comes to TCG's in general, but have a quickly growing interest in them since playing SHSO's Card Game.

As far as strengths, that is a great question I hadn't consciously thought to categorize before. I suppose we have a general idea from commonalities with each color. I'd say they break down as follows:

ANIMAL (Red):
    Healing seems to be the most common effect, and is almost exclusive to Animal cards, with the exception of some Energy cards.
    Example 1 Example 2 Example 3 Example 4

SPEED (Yellow):
    Characterized by lower-hitting cards, but often have effects that allow you to chain together numerous cards, as well as placing the card back in your deck.

STRENGTH (Green):
    Often have effects that increase the hit count when the Power Level is higher (like 10 or more).

ELEMENTAL (Blue):

TECH (Gray):

ENERGY (Purple):
    Unique effects that include opponents discarding cards, you being able to look at the opponents' hand, multiple effects at once such as healing and doing damage anddrawing cards, turning opponents' hands against themselves. As Keepers, these cards can add new conditions to the game, such as drawing extra cards and discarding them, winning the game outright at a certain Power Level, etc.

Haven't quite been able to characterize Elemental or Tech... And I'm not quite sure about the Strength one either... Anyone have any ideas? Or if anything to add/subtract to my characterizations of the Factors..?
    Current Top Comics: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Fables, Fatale, Winter Soldier, Young Avengers, The Massive, Revival, Thor: GoT

SHSO CARD GAME THREAD

the "CURVE" is a deckbuilding technique, I use it for the VS System. Works well when playing a game that has a threshold for cards to be played. It maximizes your card play every turn. I read on here about tournaments (?) Is there a sign up or something? Thank you for the card information.

the "CURVE" is a deckbuilding technique, I use it for the VS System. Works well when playing a game that has a threshold for cards to be played. It maximizes your card play every turn. I read on here about tournaments (?) Is there a sign up or something? Thank you for the card information.
    Hmm.. Sounds interesting.. I'll have to look into that! Do you have a link or further explanation of it I could check out? Thanks!

How did/do you like the VS System..? I missed out on that one, but now wish it was still around because of my growing interest in TCGs and of course, my love of Marvel!

As far as the Tournament goes... see the very next post..
    Current Top Comics: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Fables, Fatale, Winter Soldier, Young Avengers, The Massive, Revival, Thor: GoT

SHSO CARD GAME THREAD

Default The Tournament of Champions!

THE TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS!

Card Tournament coming up! The winner nets a special prize: a Marvel Super Hero Squad Online Game Card!
    The upcoming tournament is being run through another thread -- The CBR Team Thread. There is first a qualifying round of 16 players, all vying for one of two spots in the Tournament of Champions!

The CBR user, The Tyrannical Mason, who started that thread and team puts it together out of the goodness of his heart, and provides the prize purchased with his own money. So he tries to keep the tournaments limited to CBR Team members only, because that way he knows how to get the prize to them, and that they are reliable and will show for the tournament.

That said, it is easy to join the CBR Team! All you have to do is head over to the CBR Team thread, and post that you would be interested in joining the team! Tyrannical Mason will add you to the list, and now you have a group of great people with whom you can go on missions, play cards, and talk about the game! For further details and rules, you can check out this post:

Tournament of Champions!

Hope to see you all there!
    Last edited by daredeville; 11-17-2011 at 08:02 PM.

SHSO CARD GAME THREAD

Who'll save the day? Thunder Magical Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Tyrannical Mason View Post
    Lets talk strategies, when I am making a deck I look to overload your blocks. What factors come into your guys mind when making a deck?
    You're trying to trick us, so you can win your own prize in the next card tournament.

My main deck is a Storm deck with a few Xmen cards so the special effects of keepers are maximized.

I played some one who had a deck of all 1st level cards with lots of "if your top card/discard is level 1(or less than x) play it and they got to play card after card. It was impressive.

The card game has enough variation to make really effective decks in many ways.

I will see if I can find a URL to "curve" deckbuilding, sorry but I learned by playing VS from other players. VS is still played by many people. The cards are available still, its a strong game. Curve dealt with maximizing your cards. In VS a resource was played every turn and a character(s) could be recruited based on the amount of resources in play (like the turns in super hero squad card games levels). The deck is structured that the turn or level in place the appropriate threshold/level card could be played. You would want to draw the lvl 10 card on level/turn 10 right? So the deck is maximized to do so in a "curve" formula. Here is an example:
    lvl 1 x4
    lvl 2 x4
    lvl 3 x4
    lvl 4 x5
    lvl 5 x5
    lvl 6 x4
    lvl 7 x3
    lvl 8 x2
    lvl 9 x1
    lvl 10 x1
    this would help the probability of cards to be drawn at the appropriate level/turn. you dont really want lvl 1 cards draw in lvl 7. Now, I know that every card in your 40 card deck would have to be met, so the curve would change some (amount of cards needed per level) but this should get you started.

Question Tournaments

So how does the tournament thing work? Is it a first come, first serve basis?

Default Awesome Rogue Card

"Let Me Try That" is an AWESOME card, and in an easy quest.

I mean you even get to choose when you play it, I mean level 3 your deck blocks leaving a 12 hit card on top you could play that and be really dangerous.

Even if it just read your top card it would be cool, and a little more balanced... I mean its only a level 2 card.

Oh a higher level Rogue card that stole the effects from your opponent (or less cool) one of your other cards would be really cool!

I will see if I can find a URL to "curve" deckbuilding, sorry but I learned by playing VS from other players. VS is still played by many people. The cards are available still, its a strong game. Curve dealt with maximizing your cards. In VS a resource was played every turn and a character(s) could be recruited based on the amount of resources in play (like the turns in super hero squad card games levels). The deck is structured that the turn or level in place the appropriate threshold/level card could be played. You would want to draw the lvl 10 card on level/turn 10 right? So the deck is maximized to do so in a "curve" formula. Here is an example:
    lvl 1 x4
    lvl 2 x4
    lvl 3 x4
    lvl 4 x5
    lvl 5 x5
    lvl 6 x4
    lvl 7 x3
    lvl 8 x2
    lvl 9 x1
    lvl 10 x1
    this would help the probability of cards to be drawn at the appropriate level/turn. you dont really want lvl 1 cards draw in lvl 7. Now, I know that every card in your 40 card deck would have to be met, so the curve would change some (amount of cards needed per level) but this should get you started.
    I see what you mean.. I should have known it would be rather similar to a grading curve... Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I tend to weight Level 1 cards, and other lower cards more heavily than higher ones because sometimes you get those matches where the Power Level is not hight enough to play anything in your hand, which leaves you to work your way back into the match. I'll have to experiment with a curve. I often pay most attention to the Themes, Characters, Blocks, Effects, and Factors in that order, with the Level usually kind of more of an afterthought for whittling down my deck to 40.

I haven't seen VS too much in stores anymore.. do you buy them online these days..?

Thanks for the info!

So how does the tournament thing work? Is it a first come, first serve basis?
    Yes, it is pretty much first-come, first-serve. I believe we do still have at least 10 spots left, so you may still join in. Just refer to that previous post and it's links for the info. You do have to join our CBR Team, however to participate. It's a fairly simple thing, and since you are already participating on this thread, you have already joined our community! Just make it official by joining up on that thread.

SHSO CARD GAME THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbkito View Post
    "Let Me Try That" is an AWESOME card, and in an easy quest.

I mean you even get to choose when you play it, I mean level 3 your deck blocks leaving a 12 hit card on top you could play that and be really dangerous.

Even if it just read your top card it would be cool, and a little more balanced... I mean its only a level 2 card.

Oh a higher level Rogue card that stole the effects from your opponent (or less cool) one of your other cards would be really cool!
    I would love to have a card for Rogue that had the effects you mention at the end there! That's a great idea! And perfect for the character. It is an effect that could also be applied by other characters with "mimic" powers (Mimic) those with photographic reflexes (Taskmaster, Echo, Finesse). That'd make for a really nice effect...

There are a couple cards with the asterisks for the damage count. "Let Me Try That" is probably the most versatile of the bunch, since as you mentioned you can choose when you play the card rather than being bound to certain conditions.

Here is the card Hobbkito is talking about:

^ This card will be available with Rogue's Easy Quest, which is not out yet. It could come out in the X-Men month since we have now seen two cards from her Quests along with "Fly Girls."

There are a couple other cards that use the asterisks with varying effects, here are the ones I could think of:

"This card's attack is equal to your power":
    Thunderbolt - Thor (Classic) - Unleashed ***

"This card's attack is equal to the number of cards in your hand":
    Elastic Intellect - Mr. Fantastic - Mr. Fantastic's Easy Quest

"This card's attack is equal to the number of cards in your opponent's hand":
    Tear Apart - Wolverine - Unleashed ***
    Jujitsu - Daredevil - Daredevil's Easy Quest

I have "Thunderbolt," and it is a pretty sweet card. You just have to be patient enough to hold it off until the Power Level gets higher.

SHSO CARD GAME THREAD

Grand Poisonous Catcher Baron Zemo's Avatar

Looky

New card set?

Jessica Drew The Tyrannical Mason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Zemo View Post
    Looky

New card set?
    Dark Justice?????

Captain Silent Worm Ryu Serpentine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Tyrannical Mason View Post
    Dark Justice?????
    My guess is an anti-hero set. Probably characters like The Punisher, Cable, Ghost Rider, Deadpool obviously, etc.