View Poll Results: Will you be buying the SHS Card Game when it comes out?

Voters
50. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes, I’ll be picking up as much as I can!

11 22.00%
  • Yes, I’ll be buying some Intro Decks and Boosters Packs!

8 16.00%
  • Yes, but only Booster Packs to try and get the exclusive unlockable heroes.

11 22.00%
  • Maybe. I’ll give it a try/think about it/depends on my budget...

8 16.00%
  • No, I’ll stick to the online version.

3 6.00%
  • No, I don’t play the SHSO Card Game.

2 4.00%
  • I wish! They won’t be selling them in my country yet!

7 14.00%
Page 304 of 308 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308 LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 4612

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Not sure if anyone is still buying the physical cards, but I'd advise against using Pokeorder if you are. I was able to get Foundation packs when they came out with little difficulty, but after 6 weeks trying to get some Hero's Destiny, I had them cancel my order. When I originally e-mailed them after 3 weeks, they said they didn't know what happened to my order and would send me a new shipment. When I e-mailed again after 6 weeks, the same guy told me that they were still waiting to get some from the distributor. He was nice enough, but still. There's also no indication on their site that the product is out of stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnys65 View Post
    I ordered a box about 6 weeks ago and after 2 weeks I sent an email to check on the status. After another 2 weeks of emailing I just got my money back ("They should be in soon" "Any day now" "Any day now..."). I have another order in that I placed Nov 3rd. Still no word but I'm hoping by Christmas...maybe...
    I pre-ordered 2 boxes from Dave and Adam's Card World and had them 2 days after the official release date. According to their website they've got them in stock for $69.95 a box.
    SHSO Squad Name: Juggler Emperor
    Squad Level: 1840+
    Creator of the SHSO Identity Crisis blog
    Marvel Heroes: badsaj

Quote Originally Posted by badsaj View Post
    I pre-ordered 2 boxes from Dave and Adam's Card World and had them 2 days after the official release date. According to their website they've got them in stock for $69.95 a box.
    Yeah, I think I'll go exclusively through them from now on.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Second best at what I do. Shocking Techno Girl's Avatar

Also vouch for D&A's card world
    Join the CBR SHSO chat!
    Akira the Phone: Let's do some math. 5 million users...let's say 1 million are active daily. 4 Noirs a day. That's a few years for all active players to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by badsaj View Post

ROFL!!! I sent an email to Pokeorder inquiring as to the status of my order, then I ordered through D&A...My order from D&A has already been shipped, and I STILL haven't heard back from the other guys...le sigh!
    SHSO name:Astral Zephyr (Yes, THAT guy)
    Signature hero:Nova
    Squad Rank:1340+

Quote Originally Posted by Shocking Techno Girl View Post
    Also vouch for D&A's card world
    What do you use for card/deck storage STG?

I got a few things from D&A but I think I need something else.

Da Trillest Zen Gangsta benfromcanada's Avatar
    As you can tell from my username, I'm from Bangladesh

So I just had the coolest, luckiest and most amazing victory I've ever had in a card game. My opponent had 8 cards in the deck and 5 in his/her hand. I was down to one card in my hand and 2 Keepers. The two Keepers were both Storm's card Electrical Storm, and it was my turn. Both the Storm keepers hit for 1, and both the cards they took out were purple Energy blocks.
    The card in my hand? Dr Strange's Erase Your Destiny. My opponent no longer had any Energy blocks, I took out the last 6 cards in the deck, he discarded his hand and I won.
    Last edited by benfromcanada; 11-20-2012 at 05:26 PM.
    Smashing Clown Juggler in Superhero Squad Online
    Signature Hero: Punisher
    Level: 2100+
    3rd Place In The 1st Top Squad Contest
    Badges to get: Venom, Frankenstein

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbkito View Post
    What do you use for card/deck storage STG?

I got a few things from D&A but I think I need something else.
    I don't own a lot of cards for SHSO TCG, but for other games I just use simple cardboard trading card boxes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPCA297.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	104596

You can get one like this from your local hobby store for just a few dollars. They come with one to four rows.

For decks I have a TON of deckboxes as prizes from various TCGs. If you want some I'll be glad to send them to you, just PM me. They also fit (tightly) into these storage boxes conveniently.
    Last edited by Shocking Techno Girl; 11-20-2012 at 09:34 PM.
    Join the CBR SHSO chat!
    Akira the Phone: Let's do some math. 5 million users...let's say 1 million are active daily. 4 Noirs a day. That's a few years for all active players to get him.

Does anyone still trade on the wiki page? I was thinking about making a trade list of my own, but I guess I won't bother if that section isn't really used anymore. In addition to some cards, I also have a ton of the digital codes from the packaging, as I don't play the online game.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!

Not sure about physical trading, but why not join us online? A one month subscription at $9.99 buys you a LOT of packs if you spend all of your gold on them. It's a great value and you get the joy of always being able to find a game. Of course, it's a bit difficult to collect the cards you want -- but still much cheaper and active than physical.
    Join the CBR SHSO chat!

If anyone is interested in the "Foundation" set, Dacardworld is having a black friday sale and they have Foundation Booster Boxes on sale for $39.95. Link
    Squad Name: Astral Tornado Mariner
    Current Squad Level:2400
    Need help with the new challenges? Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Tornado Mariner View Post
    If anyone is interested in the "Foundation" set, Dacardworld is having a black friday sale and they have Foundation Booster Boxes on sale for $39.95. Link
    I caved and bought one. Hopefully I can fill in some of the cards I'm looking for.

Not sure about physical trading, but why not join us online? A one month subscription at $9.99 buys you a LOT of packs if you spend all of your gold on them. It's a great value and you get the joy of always being able to find a game. Of course, it's a bit difficult to collect the cards you want -- but still much cheaper and active than physical.
    I'm afraid if I was online I'd never stop playing. That and I just like having cards.

Hey gang,
    I got my 6 year old playing Super Hero Squad a month or so ago. It's been a great incentive for him to work on his reading. He get to play for 30 minutes after he finishes his reading homework. So far he's been able to do most of the challenges so he can unlock different characters, and but now we are at the one where we need to win 10 matches. He has the basics of how to play down, and most times can beat the computer on the easy quests, but is struggling against real people, (he gets really frustrated when other players start to chain attacks). So far he's won one battle, but lost many more. I've tried to go through the links in the first page, but it is a bit overwhelming and not all the links still work.

Any basic tips on deck building? I've tried to build a some decks with him, but he is mostly concerned about his favorite characters, and I don't think they are particularly balanced one way or another. Should I setup a balanced deck and try to get cards from each factor? Or are their certain characters I should focus on? Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to simply start playing the game for him, but I do want to help him get setup so he isn't at any obvious disadvantages (besides just turning 6 and still learning to read).

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Hey gang,
    I got my 6 year old playing Super Hero Squad a month or so ago. It's been a great incentive for him to work on his reading. He get to play for 30 minutes after he finishes his reading homework. So far he's been able to do most of the challenges so he can unlock different characters, and but now we are at the one where we need to win 10 matches. He has the basics of how to play down, and most times can beat the computer on the easy quests, but is struggling against real people, (he gets really frustrated when other players start to chain attacks). So far he's won one battle, but lost many more. I've tried to go through the links in the first page, but it is a bit overwhelming and not all the links still work.

Any basic tips on deck building? I've tried to build a some decks with him, but he is mostly concerned about his favorite characters, and I don't think they are particularly balanced one way or another. Should I setup a balanced deck and try to get cards from each factor? Or are their certain characters I should focus on? Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to simply start playing the game for him, but I do want to help him get setup so he isn't at any obvious disadvantages (besides just turning 6 and still learning to read).
    Kudos Sheldon! on not asking for one of us to "throw" the matches (something most of us would gladly do to help a fellow player complete this challenge). The WIKI(link) is great for learning how to beat the card quest missions. For beating other players, one of our card Champions, Shocking Techno Girl, built a deck found on this blog (link). Most of us would tell your son to build a "mono" deck (a deck of all one color) or a "dual or duo" deck (20 cards of one color + 20 of another). Another option is for you to build a hero on another account and play cards with your son (if you have another computer).
    SHSO NAME: Gallant Centurion Spy
    Next "Most Wanted": Weekend Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Hey gang,

Try and make a deck that focuses on one or two factor for attacks but has a roughly even mix of blocks. You can focus specifically on one or two characters, because characters card usually complement each other, but it's difficult to do if you don't have the right cards. Just check what effect cards you put into the deck and if they complement certain characters or themes, try to build a deck more around that theme. For example cards like ‘Quick Save’ work with Fantastic Four decks whereas ‘Brain Drain’ works with X-Men decks.
    SHSO Squad Name: The Punishing Lawyer

I don't own a lot of cards for SHSO TCG, but for other games I just use simple cardboard trading card boxes.

You can get one like this from your local hobby store for just a few dollars. They come with one to four rows.

For decks I have a TON of deckboxes as prizes from various TCGs. If you want some I'll be glad to send them to you, just PM me. They also fit (tightly) into these storage boxes conveniently.
    That's what I thought STG, that cardboard one is EXACTLY what I need, I don't think D&A sell that... pretty sure not anyway. I bought a lot of other things from them, that were also pretty cool. Deck holders I got really need to put two decks in there they hold like 100 cards.

I have spent an embarrassing amount of money of SHS cards and an almost embarrassing amount on VS cards. The online cards are so simple to make decks with and use rules are done for you and it is SOOOOOO much cheaper. So yeah do what she said... plus members that don't have a lot of unleashed cards, two spots for card on wheel now. Twice the chances to get Unleashed Commons, and Uncommon's per day for members. I still don't have 4 of all uncommons.