View Poll Results: Will you be buying the SHS Card Game when it comes out?

Voters
50. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes, Iíll be picking up as much as I can!

11 22.00%
  • Yes, Iíll be buying some Intro Decks and Boosters Packs!

8 16.00%
  • Yes, but only Booster Packs to try and get the exclusive unlockable heroes.

11 22.00%
  • Maybe. Iíll give it a try/think about it/depends on my budget...

8 16.00%
  • No, Iíll stick to the online version.

3 6.00%
  • No, I donít play the SHSO Card Game.

2 4.00%
  • I wish! They wonít be selling them in my country yet!

7 14.00%
Page 205 of 308 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 4612

Hey all! I've got a breakdown of the Ironman starter set!! Like the Spider-man one I talked about a few days ago this one also comes with a cardboard "coin" and one booster pack.

So here are the cards!

-1x Incoming! (it's shiny!!)
    -1x Stealth Mode
    -2x Heavy Weapons
    -2x juiced Up
    -3x Playing with Fire
    -2x Teddy Blaster ("Nick Fury")
    -2x Combined Arms Fire
    -2x Animal Instinct (Black Panther!)
    -3x Cold Fusion
    -2x Hulk Practice
    -2x Fierce Competitor (Black Widow)
    -1x Hurl the Shield (Captain America)
    -2x Shoulder Cannons (War Machine)
    -2x Repulsor Rays
    -2x Jab of Justice (Captain America)
    -1x Pick up a Friend (Giant Man!)

All cards are Ironman character cards unless otherwise noted.

So there you have it, an odd mix of cards. I expected more War Machine.
    Curent Loves:
    Amazing Spider-man / Avengers Academy / Daredevil / Defenders / Uncanny X-Force / X-Factor / Captain America / Criminal / SHIELD / iZombie / Batwoman /

Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    Womprat has asked for people to verify the rarities, so they must have tweaked the rarity of some cards. But as far as I know, the other card attributes are the same, so you could re-use Womprat's spreadsheet to save effort. Re-entering the data for 300 cards seems like a waste of effort if it's already in electronic form.
    Yeah, they definitely tweaked some of the rarities (as far as I can tell). Sadly, I'm saving cash and avoiding the physical card game, so I haven't seen the cards in person, but according to others there are a few cards that have changed rarities. It's late and the only example I can think of off-hand is Iron Man's Go Team card, which was originally an uncommon is now a rare according to the Foundation list we're assembling. rl]

I do have a spreadsheet of all of the cards in the game complete with all of their details (provided by someone much smarter than me). DD, it's much more detailed than the one I originally sent you, including attacks, blocks, rarities and effects for all of the unreleased cards. I don't think I ever shared it here because we never really figured out how to handle putting the unreleased cards onto the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by daredeville View Post
    I'm building it in Apple's Pages program. I am hoping to export it as a pdf that will allow people to click the check boxes and sort by various headings, but I don't know if that's entirely possible.. In any case, I'll at least export it as a Excel spreadsheet as well as Pages. Or maybe I'll just convert it to a Google Doc for maximum compatibility...? I dunno, does anyone have good experience with spreadsheet programs and know if it's possible to make a spreadsheet a PDF file that can be sorted and whatnot...?
    I have lot of experience with Excel, but I've never tried to do this. I'll look into it more and share what I'm working on with you tomorrow DD.
    Squad Name: Hamster Linebacker
    My fan art:http://superherosquadonline.wikispac...ter+Linebacker
    In progress icons: Mr Sinister, Crimson Dynamo, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Samurai

The Emma Frost card (Mind Reader) is in the full list of 600 cards. The wiki doesn't have all 600 cards, because a lot of them haven't been released yet for SHSO. But they all appear in the code for the game (even the loot cards). I think we may be talking about different lists... eh, Womprat is a smart fellow and he can sort it out if he has time.

There is a game store near me, so I may check out some cards this weekend if I have time. Hopefully, the card game will have reached more stores by then.
    Haha.. yeah, that must be it..! Oh, my mind is losing pieces from this thesis.. can't keep things straight.

I think I was thinking that they weren't all in the game code because I don't think each and every new card is on the wiki... Some of them have that little chart page with their info, and are often linked on the hero's page...? Like Black Widow's Victim of the Widow has a page with the card's info from the game coding, but Silver Surfer's Crowd Surfing doesn't... as far as I could find. But I could have just totally missed it and have been making extra pages because I'm a dumb-dumb that way..! :/

Yeah, that's basically what I was thinking that some of the physical cards hadn't appeared in the game code (like the aforementioned Crowd Surfing), but it could simply be that they don't all have pages on the wiki yet and I forgot they were on the code list..!

Anyway, I think you and I are just confusing each other, Magenta..! :P

I'll be posting scans of some of those new cards like Crowd Surfing sometime this weekend probably. Now I'm just hoping I pull Victim of the Widow in one of these last packs (saving them for after I finish thesis work for night, not that I don't find other distractions...!) Oh, ADHD...

@suedehead:

The Upper Deck Entertainment facebook page said the cards were available in "North America", so one would assume that meant Canada and Mexico too, but it could have been a misspeak situation... I'd try contacting them on that page or via email or something.

Otherwise, DACardworld delivers to Canada..! (Man we all should start receiving commission with all the business we are sending their way!)

EDIT:
    @KirbyMonster:

Thanks brudda for posting that!! I swear I'm doing work!!

@Hamster Linebacker:

Ah, that may answer my confusion of about why some unreleased cards are on the wiki and some aren't. Gotcha!

I also have a detailed list for my RoH and Unleashed Card lists because I wanted to be able to sort by effect and attack level for when I'm deck building. I had been wanting to make it into a excel file to share, but it wasn't converting the check boxes properly, and then I got busy.

Anyway, yeah, we'll connect in the next couple days and put our heads together to try and see what we come up with!
    Last edited by daredeville; 04-25-2012 at 09:39 PM.
    Current Top Comics: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Fables, Fatale, Winter Soldier, Young Avengers, The Massive, Revival, Thor: GoT

SHSO CARD GAME THREAD

The Emma Frost card (Mind Reader) is in the full list of 600 cards. The wiki doesn't have all 600 cards, because a lot of them haven't been released yet for SHSO. But they all appear in the code for the game (even the loot cards). I think we may be talking about different lists... eh, Womprat is a smart fellow and he can sort it out if he has time.

There is a game store near me, so I may check out some cards this weekend if I have time. Hopefully, the card game will have reached more stores by then.
    I really wish I weren't technically impaired! What is the third loot card? I have Avenger's Courage and Cold Snap.
    SHSO name:Astral Zephyr (Yes, THAT guy)
    Signature hero:Nova
    Squad Rank:1340+

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    Has anyone had any luck getting the physical card game in Canada yet? Please share if you've seen it anywhere!
    Speaking as someone who used to work at more than one game store, if you don't ask for it, they won't order it. Hobby stores only have a limited amount of money to spend on things, and CCGs traditionally have a short life-span if their name isn't Magic, Pokemon, or World of Warcraft (and Legend of the 5 Rings, although its a very niche game compared to the others named). Most hobby stores have two or three CCGs that get played and supported in store: Magic, one kids game (usually Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh) and sometimes a third niche game like WoW or L5R. So, you can see their dilemna. Guaranteed player base or a crap shoot that may be wasted money, especially if there hasn't been many or any requests, especially for a kids game.

Morale of the story: Ask or better yet pre-order, although you should make sure that their supplier actually has it (distributors are picky about what they carry, too). Ordering online is a guarantee, but then you might have a harder time finding other interested players or teaching new people to play. I have dealt with D&A Cardworld in the store I used to work at, and they are good about shipping to Canada, so that's always an option.

Me, I'm content to spend actual money on virtual cards and just play L5R physically, since I don't think anyone will play locally.
    Sonic Koala
    Squad Level: 1190
    Signature Hero: Guardian

SHSO Squad Level: 1861 MissPlanetaryGirl's Avatar

Miss Planetary Girl 2-1 Vs. Champion Urban Guard (Week 11 Match)

Score 1 for the Planetary Girl! It was pretty close! CUG absolutely killed me in the first match, but I took my first win!
    In fearful day, in raging night. With strong hearts full, our souls ignite. When all seems lost in the War of Light, Look to the starsĖ For hope burns bright!

What stores have the card game been spotted in?
    Signature Hero Ummm... Still not sure
    Favorites Hulkbuster, Angel, and RED She Hulk
    Squad Level 480ish
    Currently Maxing Red She Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by stubarnes View Post
    I just got whipped four straight by The Island Lancer. If anyone wants a tough test against old school skills, look him up.
    They were very close matches. You swung for 10 with 2 drop Rogue every game. I love her. Every match came down to the last card, I just always had the needed block in hand. :) Game 1 was a lot of fun. You were playing the "heart of the cards" (empty hand) from like turn 5 on.

Once I've seen a deck, I pretty much know what to keep in hand for the late game, and I know my defensive weaknesses, so I picked up quick on how to beat you. :) Was a blast from the past though. Good times. Will never forget the Sentinel beatdown you gave me the first time we played. A board full of wild sentinels.

I'm looking forward to some good times, now to find someone local and talk them in to playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Womprat2000 View Post
    We're still working on creating a detailed trading template on the wiki. If we can flag down the last remaining card rarities (the ones at the bottom) we'll be all set. Here's a link to the template: http://superherosquadonline.wikispac...ate.Trade+Page

It would let people track the cards they want and the ones they're looking for. I'm hesitant to make a lot of trading pages live before we have the card rarity list finalized as I don't want to have to redo what's already done, but I did add a traders section to the sidebar. Here's the direct link: http://superherosquadonline.wikispaces.com/Traders

The pages themselves can act as an online checklist for each person and I'd be happy to add trading pages for anybody interested in collecting the physical cards. I just might wait a few days before adding them to make sure we have the rarities sorted out. I want the final template to link to each card's page on the wiki too, which should make it a pretty powerful reference tool.

PS - If any Gazillion or Amazing Society employees read this post and would like to make my life a little easier, please feel free to contact me by IM. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    hey,

I have two of the physical super rare cards on my hands that are missing from your list. I'm unclear what you mean by "track down"? Let me know if I can be of any assistance
    PS. I have "Thief and Rogue" and "Life Model Decoy"

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnys65 View Post
    I really wish I weren't technically impaired! What is the third loot card? I have Avenger's Courage and Cold Snap.
    Isn't it Armored Spider?

Quote Originally Posted by daredeville View Post

It's actually not too difficult! With the RoH and UL lists, I just downloaded the pdf's they have on the site, copied all the text, pasted it in a spreadsheet and made some edits..! It wasn't too bad.

BTW DD if you directly took the PDF lists for ROH & Unleashed etc. There were some mistakes on ones I saw... and i haven't went through them but lets see here on ROH... War Machines Supporting fire is not an Animal Attack keeper... Hulk Practice not keeper... I am not sure if this is only mistakes but probably not. Also possible you have newer or more correct PDF then I.

Quote Originally Posted by MissPlanetaryGirl View Post

Score 1 for the Planetary Girl! It was pretty close! CUG absolutely killed me in the first match, but I took my first win!
    CONGRATS! Surely more wins are soon to come.
    Last edited by Hobbkito; 04-26-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnys65 View Post
    There are more than three loot cards overall, but I'm not sure which loot cards are in Foundation and which are saved for future releases.

601: Spider Armor, Redeem this code for Armored Spider-Man
    602: Winter Warrior, Redeem this code for Arctic Iron Man
    603: Phoenix's Fury, Redeem this code for White Phoenix
    604: Unstoppable Avengers, Redeem this code for an online Cap Statue
    605: Avengers' Courage, Redeem this code for an online Thor Statue
    606: Iron Avenger, prize not clear?
    607: Cold Snap, Redeem this code for a bundle of Winter Globes
    608: Hidden Power Source, Redeem this code for a bundle of Power Surges
    609: Disco Animal, Redeem this code for a bundle of Dance Parties
    610: Card Sharp, Redeem this code for a free online booster pack

Champion Urban Guard spidavenger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissPlanetaryGirl View Post

You were due a win! Great games MPG!
    Former CBR Team President, now just a regular GI JOE!
    Squad Name: Champion Urban Guard AKA CUG
    Squad Level: 1310
    Signature Hero: Silver Surfer

OK, this womprat guy that you all know and love is a complete bozo!

I just realized that there is a column in my spreadsheet called UD Set and UD rarity, so not only do I have the rarities for all 300 cards in the Upper Deck Foundation set, I have a list of all 130 cards planned for the second expansion and all 130 cards in the third expansion, as well as 40 cards for a fourth potential expansion.

I don't know how I overlooked it. I guess I never put two and two together and realized what UD stood for.

Anyways, I'll load up the checklist soon and let the trading begin. Not quite sure what to do with the expansion sets though.
    Last edited by Womprat2000; 04-26-2012 at 08:09 AM.

OK I got my cards!

Here is the Wolverine Starter pack! (If someone posted this forgive me)

Wolverine Starter Deck

2x Pour It On (Nova) *
    2x I'll Take That (Rogue) *
    2x Personal Theme Song (Deadpool) **
    3x 52 Card Pickup (Gambit) *
    1x Psionic Avalanche (Jean Grey) **
    1x Sudden Amnesia (Jean Grey) *
    1x Phase and Rescue (Shadowcat) *
    1x Look What I Found! (Falcon) **
    2x A Cut Above (Wolverine) **
    2x Tornado Blitz (Storm) *
    3x Fast Healing (Wolverine) *
    2x Quickslash (Wolverine) **
    2x Mutant Healing Ability (Wolverine) **
    3x Snikkity Snikt (Wolverine) *
    2x Savage Leap (Wolverine) *
    1x The Best at What I Do (Wolverine) *** (Foil)

The trading card list has been updated with all of the rarities for the Foundation cards. We are missing the very last loot card, so if you happen to know what it is, let us know:

http://superherosquadonline.wikispac...ate.Trade+Page

Please note that this list does NOT include factors, levels, damage, effects, etc., it's just a checklist for the Foundation set. I'm working on getting the full spreadsheet onto the wiki in some capacity.