View Poll Results: Will you be buying the SHS Card Game when it comes out?

Voters
50. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes, Iíll be picking up as much as I can!

11 22.00%
  • Yes, Iíll be buying some Intro Decks and Boosters Packs!

8 16.00%
  • Yes, but only Booster Packs to try and get the exclusive unlockable heroes.

11 22.00%
  • Maybe. Iíll give it a try/think about it/depends on my budget...

8 16.00%
  • No, Iíll stick to the online version.

3 6.00%
  • No, I donít play the SHSO Card Game.

2 4.00%
  • I wish! They wonít be selling them in my country yet!

7 14.00%
Page 187 of 308 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 4612

Okay, I'm assuming that because we played three games, that was our Week 11 match, so if it was

Sonic Koala defeats The Tyrannical Mason 2-1

If it wasn't, nothing to see here, move along. :)

It should be noted that I didn't use a mono-colour deck in the entire match. <hoganpose>
    Last edited by Bronn1; 04-18-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    Sonic Koala
    Squad Level: 1190
    Signature Hero: Guardian

Jessica Drew The Tyrannical Mason's Avatar

Our League games start April 21st, week 11 that is on Saturday. Those games were for fun. When can you play this coming week end?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronn1 View Post
    Okay, I'm assuming that because we played three games, that was our Week 11 match, so if it was

Sonic Koala defeats The Tyrannical Mason 2-1

If it wasn't, nothing to see here, move along. :)

It should be noted that I didn't use a mono-colour deck in the entire match. <hoganpose>
    Nothing to see move along, those were not league decks, and it is not week 11. LOL, we will battle for real.

Champion Urban Guard spidavenger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stubarnes View Post
    Great games tonight, and I still don't know where to type their names. Can't find it.

Amazing stuff from a bunch of the squadders here, now I must sleep. See y'all tommorrow!
    I had fun getting spanked tonight by you Stu, but you helped me see what I'm doing wrong! We will fight another day! Thanks for the games buddy!
    Former CBR Team President, now just a regular GI JOE!
    Squad Name: Champion Urban Guard AKA CUG
    Squad Level: 1310
    Signature Hero: Silver Surfer

Champion Urban Guard spidavenger's Avatar

Great games tonight, and I still don't know where to type their names. Can't find it.

Amazing stuff from a bunch of the squadders here, now I must sleep. See y'all tommorrow!

You click on the globe at the bottom left! Then you click on your friends list, and after you click that scroll to the bottom and type the squad name you are looking for then hit send or submit and it will pop up on your screen if they are online or not! If they except your friendship, it will appear on your screen and you click ok, like you did for me! I hope that helps!
    Former CBR Team President, now just a regular GI JOE!
    Squad Name: Champion Urban Guard AKA CUG
    Squad Level: 1310
    Signature Hero: Silver Surfer

Quote Originally Posted by The Tyrannical Mason View Post
    Nothing to see move along, those were not league decks, and it is not week 11. LOL, we will battle for real.
    I didn't think those were the finely tuned war machines I would usually expect from you. Still, it was fun to play and try out new decks (two of which worked nicely and one which outright lost to a well-timed Erase Your Destiny). I've spent a bit of time working on some new ones or updating and refining some older ones. Variety is the spice of life. :)

I look forward to our games next week and hope for a similar result. :)
    Sonic Koala

What are the deck rules for the league? Same deck every game every week? Or can we make edits in between weeks (or rounds)?

Quote Originally Posted by spidavenger View Post
    You click on the globe at the bottom left! Then you click on your friends list, and after you click that scroll to the bottom and type the squad name you are looking for then hit send or submit and it will pop up on your screen if they are online or not! If they except your friendship, it will appear on your screen and you click ok, like you did for me! I hope that helps!
    Got it, thanks!

It is morning, and my head is still buzzing from some of the insane combo decks I faced last night. Amazing stuff.
    "Because Squirrel Girl is too pure to fall prey to a zombie virus."
    - Rurik

Quote Originally Posted by Night Gremlin View Post
    What are the deck rules for the league? Same deck every game every week? Or can we make edits in between weeks (or rounds)?
    You can change your deck after every round. So if we play all three rounds, you can switch to 3 different decks if you wanted or play the same deck three times.

Kingdom Sloth Crusader derwipok's Avatar

Here it is. The Savage She-Hulk combo of The Tyrannical Mason, captured for eternity:

http://squadcards.com/2012/04/16/the...annical-mason/

Wow, this game is fun.
    You should have blocked Surprise Witness with the Focused Totality in your hand.
    SHSO squad name: Kingdom Sloth Crusader
    Squad level: 1966
    Marvel Heroes: Derwipok

Quote Originally Posted by derwipok View Post
    You should have blocked Surprise Witness with the Focused Totality in your hand.
    True, but I am a HUGE She-Hulk fan and this was my first chance to see her go off!
    - Rurik

A FYI: if you order the Super Hero Squad cards from Dave And Adams online, you can use 299-mc59 to get $5 off your purchase of $50 or more.
    HeroUp.com: Squire Valiant Snail, level 3734/3767
    Fortress Of Solitude: ComicList

True, but I am a HUGE She-Hulk fan and this was my first chance to see her go off!
    So THAT explains the green face paint...Things you wonder about but were too polite to ask
    SHSO name:Astral Zephyr (Yes, THAT guy)
    Signature hero:Nova
    Squad Rank:1340+

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnys65 View Post
    So THAT explains the green face paint...Things you wonder about but were too polite to ask
    Word.

Just wait until they release Squirrel Girl in the game. Things are gonna get nutty!
    - Rurik

Taking Advantage of Card Advantage: Two New Deck Ideas

With the lull in the card game league, combined with the negativity around the mono-decks that are so popular in the league, I’ve been spending some time trying out some new ideas to see how they play. Some of the ideas have been less than stellar, while others have potential to turn into something interesting.

The first of my ideas that I’ve just put together is based on a simple idea:

If I draw more cards than you, I’ll be able to block more of the cards you throw at me and you’ll run out of cards.

With cards that benefit me for blocking like Captain America’s Block Party and Lizardling’s Lizardpit Trap combined with a bunch of Counterstrike cards, I’ll be able to dwindle your deck without taking a lot of damage. While I’ll be depleting mine by drawing a bunch of cards with Rogue’s Gallery, Reptilian Cunning, and many other cards that have “Draw X Card(s)” in their text, I’ll also be hitting with E=Mr. Fantastic Squared for some damage, and I should have far more options to stem the bleeding and deliver the finishing blows due to having a full hand.

This was my initial build:

Card Advantage

Block Party x2 (I only own two, but would include at least one more if I could)
    Spider Sense x1 (Card Knowledge)
    Lizardpit Trap x3 (Block Damage)
    Animal Instinct x3 (Draw a Card)
    Mysteries of Vibranium x1 (More Card Draw and runs opponent down)
    E=Mr. Fantastic Squared x2 (Card Draw Damage)
    You Can’t Outrun Lightning x2 (some Keeper control)
    Enjoy Your Trip! x2 (Counterstrike)
    Reptilian Cunning x4 (Draw a Card)
    Rogue’s Gallery x3 (Draw more Cards)
    Hyperspace x1 (Mutual Card Draw and runs opponent down)
    Rude Awakening x3 (Counterstrike)
    Weave Fate x2 (Deck Manipulation and Block control)
    Deflection x3 (Counterstrike)
    Fantastic Idea x3 (More Card Draw)
    Stellar Flux x2 (More Card Draw)
    Black Widow, White Queen x1 (Additional Keeper Control)
    Eternal Invention x2 (More Card Draw & Big Damage Finisher)

Edit:
    You'd think I'd learn my own lesson by now, especially when I tell so many people how bad it is to include them, but I go and include cards that draw my opponent cards and they bite me in the you-know-where when I play them in practice games. So, my advice is to remove the Mysteries of Vibranium and Hyperspace from the decklist and move in cards to replace the blocks. Personally, I also removed one Stellar Flux (card draw has unsurprisingly not been an issue) and added in the following two cards:

Many-Headed HYDRA Agent x2 (Attack that returns to hand so doesn't cost you a card)
    Snapshot x1 (You can never have too much Keeper protection)

The second idea was based on an old WWE Raw Deal deck I used to play based on one of my favorite wrestlers, Chris Jericho. In the Raw Deal card game, the Jericho deck had a discard-based strategy to deplete the opponent’s hand, thereby creating card advantage in a different way than drawing a bunch of cards (although his Y2J card drew 5 cards, so he could do that, too).
    There are a few cards in the game that force the opponent to discard cards, although I don’t really think there’s enough yet to form a complete strategy. If we see a Keeper that does damage when an opponent discards and perhaps one or two more options, we may find that this deck has more viability, but it can still surprise your opponent and cause them issues.

This was my initial build of that deck:

SHSO Jericho

What Were You Thinking!? x2 (Hand Knowledge)
    Steel Yourself for Battle x3 (Additional Damage/Purple Block)
    Sudden Amnesia x4 (Discard)
    Brain Drain x4 (Discard)
    Strong Leader x2 (Additional Damage)
    The Bigger They Are... x1 (Keeper Control)
    Scent of Fear x4 (Discard)
    Rogue’s Gallery x2 (Card Draw)
    Focused Totality x4 (Big Hit/Grey Block)
    Psionic Avalanche x1 (Keeper Control)
    Psychic Knife x2 (Multi with additional Damage due to discard)
    Paragons of Brilliance x2 (Multi)
    Prey on the Weak x2 (Discard)
    Black Widow, White Queen x2 (Keeper Control)
    Diamond Focus x2 (Multi Damage)
    Erase Your Destiny x3 (The Ultimate Discard Card)

These decks are two different ways you can use Card Advantage to get an edge on your opponent and give you more options than they have. It’s such a big part of CCGs and something you should always keep in mind when choosing cards for your decks. He who sees the most cards in his hand usually wins.
    Last edited by Bronn1; 04-18-2012 at 01:44 AM.
    Sonic Koala