View Poll Results: Will you be buying the SHS Card Game when it comes out?

Voters
50. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes, Iíll be picking up as much as I can!

11 22.00%
  • Yes, Iíll be buying some Intro Decks and Boosters Packs!

8 16.00%
  • Yes, but only Booster Packs to try and get the exclusive unlockable heroes.

11 22.00%
  • Maybe. Iíll give it a try/think about it/depends on my budget...

8 16.00%
  • No, Iíll stick to the online version.

3 6.00%
  • No, I donít play the SHSO Card Game.

2 4.00%
  • I wish! They wonít be selling them in my country yet!

7 14.00%
Page 305 of 308 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308 LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 4612

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Hey gang,
    I got my 6 year old playing Super Hero Squad a month or so ago. It's been a great incentive for him to work on his reading. He get to play for 30 minutes after he finishes his reading homework. So far he's been able to do most of the challenges so he can unlock different characters, and but now we are at the one where we need to win 10 matches. He has the basics of how to play down, and most times can beat the computer on the easy quests, but is struggling against real people, (he gets really frustrated when other players start to chain attacks). So far he's won one battle, but lost many more. I've tried to go through the links in the first page, but it is a bit overwhelming and not all the links still work.

Any basic tips on deck building? I've tried to build a some decks with him, but he is mostly concerned about his favorite characters, and I don't think they are particularly balanced one way or another. Should I setup a balanced deck and try to get cards from each factor? Or are their certain characters I should focus on? Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to simply start playing the game for him, but I do want to help him get setup so he isn't at any obvious disadvantages (besides just turning 6 and still learning to read).
    Well specific character/them decks will depend entirely on what cards you have available. In the absence of your card inventory and given a child will be playing the deck, I would stick to a very simple formula - a mono deck with scale damage cards.

You want 33 cards of the same factor and 7 other cards that block that same factor.
    Try to fill a secondary utility with the 7 "block" cards: keeper removal, power bonus, damage bonus etc.
    In your 33 mono factor cards you want to make sure you have 6 or 7 of each block color.
    Stay away from high power cards (level 9 and up), you won't need them.
    Distribute your cards over a bell curve of power levels, not too much high and low end... more in the middle.
    Scale damage: Look for cards of these power level/damage ratios: 1-3, 2-4, 3-5, 4-6, 5-7, 6-8, 8-12 etc.

Play strategy: Just keep pounding away with your mono color, keep your other color(s) only to block with unless you are certain your opponent does not have that factor in their deck then use them for their secondary utility. Do not block cards doing less than 4 damage to you ever, unless they are keepers or have other undesirable effects (chaining more cards etc)!

I believe you will get a quite decent win ration with this deck against randoms.
    SHSO Squad name: Fighting Raven
    Squad Level: 2800+

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    Kudos Sheldon! on not asking for one of us to "throw" the matches (something most of us would gladly do to help a fellow player complete this challenge). The WIKI(link) is great for learning how to beat the card quest missions. For beating other players, one of our card Champions, Shocking Techno Girl, built a deck found on this blog (link). Most of us would tell your son to build a "mono" deck (a deck of all one color) or a "dual or duo" deck (20 cards of one color + 20 of another). Another option is for you to build a hero on another account and play cards with your son (if you have another computer).
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Shark View Post
    Try and make a deck that focuses on one or two factor for attacks but has a roughly even mix of blocks. You can focus specifically on one or two characters, because characters card usually complement each other, but it's difficult to do if you don't have the right cards. Just check what effect cards you put into the deck and if they complement certain characters or themes, try to build a deck more around that theme. For example cards like ‘Quick Save’ work with Fantastic Four decks whereas ‘Brain Drain’ works with X-Men decks.
    Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    Well specific character/them decks will depend entirely on what cards you have available. In the absence of your card inventory and given a child will be playing the deck, I would stick to a very simple formula - a mono deck with scale damage cards.

You want 33 cards of the same factor and 7 other cards that block that same factor.
    Try to fill a secondary utility with the 7 "block" cards: keeper removal, power bonus, damage bonus etc.
    In your 33 mono factor cards you want to make sure you have 6 or 7 of each block color.
    Stay away from high power cards (level 9 and up), you won't need them.
    Distribute your cards over a bell curve of power levels, not too much high and low end... more in the middle.
    Scale damage: Look for cards of these power level/damage ratios: 1-3, 2-4, 3-5, 4-6, 5-7, 6-8, 8-12 etc.

Play strategy: Just keep pounding away with your mono color, keep your other color(s) only to block with unless you are certain your opponent does not have that factor in their deck then use them for their secondary utility. Do not block cards doing less than 4 damage to you ever, unless they are keepers or have other undesirable effects (chaining more cards etc)!

I believe you will get a quite decent win ration with this deck against randoms.
    Thanks for the tips. I'll go through and make him a good deck today and see how it goes. I want him to learn how to play, and build some confidence in playing the game, and I think this will be a great start. Thanks again!

Has anyone heard any further news (official or otherwise) regarding the reality and possible arrival time of another physical expansion?
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Second best at what I do. Shocking Techno Girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Has anyone heard any further news (official or otherwise) regarding the reality and possible arrival time of another physical expansion?
    Villain's Fury in Feb was their plan at Gencon.
    Join the CBR SHSO chat!
    Akira the Phone: Let's do some math. 5 million users...let's say 1 million are active daily. 4 Noirs a day. That's a few years for all active players to get him.

Junior Member Invisible Martian Archer's Avatar

So I'm guessing that's a "No" as far as hearing official word?

Honestly, I think the physical card game is DOA. UD did NOTHING to promote it when it was first released. My comic shop had to go through all sorts of hoops to even get the game. It was never listed in Previews or GTM. Then the set had a bunch of misprints in a game that already had every card designed! Finally, the second release (which once again had no promotion at all) actually had a different back to the cards! D'Oh!

The UD website doesn't even have the second set even listed anywhere! I think UD just wanted a quick buck, saw that the cards were already designed and signed on. Heck, I'd be happy if they sold card singles for Armored Spidey, Arctic Iron Man, and White Phoenix on their website for $50.00 a piece and called it a day. They'd make some money that way and we could all stop scratching our heads over the physical card game.
    Squad Level - 1600+
    Signature Hero - Dark Surfer
    Repeated question - When are we getting new SHSO card game content?

I erased my explanation for this by mistake, I just need to find this link... sorry.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...Heroes/page249

Gotta test and see if a new computer should be able to run Marvel Heroes is the short story.

Kingdom Sloth Crusader derwipok's Avatar

Was just wondering something. What happens if you have Ace of Hearts in play and the top card of your deck is Thief and Rogue? Do you draw it and heal 1?
    SHSO squad name: Kingdom Sloth Crusader
    Squad level: 1966
    Marvel Heroes: Derwipok

Quote Originally Posted by derwipok View Post
    Was just wondering something. What happens if you have Ace of Hearts in play and the top card of your deck is Thief and Rogue? Do you draw it and heal 1?
    I think you would just draw it. At least the computer would. Ace of Hearts says "...If it's Gambit draw it. If it's Rogue, heal 1." Everything goes in order, so since the first command is "draw it", you would draw it, and then it's no longer on the top of the deck, so it can't go to the "heal 1" part of the card.
    SHSO Squad Name: Juggler Emperor
    Squad Level: 1840+
    Creator of the SHSO Identity Crisis blog
    Marvel Heroes: badsaj

Second best at what I do. Shocking Techno Girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by derwipok View Post
    Both happens, I've seen this many times.
    Join the CBR SHSO chat!
    Akira the Phone: Let's do some math. 5 million users...let's say 1 million are active daily. 4 Noirs a day. That's a few years for all active players to get him.

I remember there used to be a spreadsheet on the Wiki that allowed you to filter cards by team, factor, etc. I think it was called "Test," but that name is given to something completely different now. Does anyone know if that spreadsheet still exists or where to find it?
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!

I remember there used to be a spreadsheet on the Wiki that allowed you to filter cards by team, factor, etc. I think it was called "Test," but that name is given to something completely different now. Does anyone know if that spreadsheet still exists or where to find it?
    More than this page?
    http://superherosquadonline.wikispaces.com/Card+Sets
    SHSO NAME: Gallant Centurion Spy
    Next "Most Wanted": Weekend Holidays

Yeah, you could manipulate it to just display certain levels, damage, rarity, anything. Like, "show me elemental attacks less than level 4 that block tech." It was great!

Junior Member Invisible Martian Archer's Avatar

Yeah, you could manipulate it to just display certain levels, damage, rarity, anything. Like, "show me elemental attacks less than level 4 that block tech." It was great!
    I remember that list as well. I have it bookmarked and you're right - it's gone, replaced with something else. I would love someone from the Wiki to tell us where it's been moved to! Hate to think it disappeared altogether!
    Squad Level - 1600+
    Signature Hero - Dark Surfer
    Repeated question - When are we getting new SHSO card game content?

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Martian Archer View Post
    I remember that list as well. I have it bookmarked and you're right - it's gone, replaced with something else. I would love someone from the Wiki to tell us where it's been moved to! Hate to think it disappeared altogether!
    I wonder whom we could ask...

a rise of heroes battle...

squad name: Winter Wraith (1484)/Gargoyle Wraith (777)
    CBOX ID: Tina
    marvel heroes: winterwraith
    signature hero: tigra