View Poll Results: Will you be buying the SHS Card Game when it comes out?

Voters
50. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes, Iíll be picking up as much as I can!

11 22.00%
  • Yes, Iíll be buying some Intro Decks and Boosters Packs!

8 16.00%
  • Yes, but only Booster Packs to try and get the exclusive unlockable heroes.

11 22.00%
  • Maybe. Iíll give it a try/think about it/depends on my budget...

8 16.00%
  • No, Iíll stick to the online version.

3 6.00%
  • No, I donít play the SHSO Card Game.

2 4.00%
  • I wish! They wonít be selling them in my country yet!

7 14.00%
Page 177 of 308 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 4612

You are correct, Sealed Deck would be starters, and Sealed Booster would be booster packs. Pastimes in Chicago has listed their tournament as four booster packs. That will be great fun, just open 40 cards then shuffle and play. It does work perfectly in this game.

The other Sneak Peek tournaments are in Seattle, Redmond, Madison, and Burnsville, I will post more details on the blog as I get them. The stores are Legion, Uncles, Misty Mountain, and Card Kingdom.
    Last edited by stubarnes; 04-07-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    "Because Squirrel Girl is too pure to fall prey to a zombie virus."
    - Rurik

Tony Stark The Valiant Commander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissPlanetaryGirl View Post
    Was it an all speed level one deck? I was playing that earlier, I never really look at the squad names. :) very weak against most decks, but ever powerful against others haha.
    Nah, it was a basic speed deck.
    Squad Name: The Valiant Commander
    Signature Hero: Iron Man
    Squad Level: 1064
    "Big man in a suit of armor, take that away and what are you?"
    "Uhh, genius billionaire playboy philantropist."

Quote Originally Posted by stubarnes View Post
    You are correct, Sealed Deck would be starters, and Sealed Booster would be booster packs. Pastimes in Chicago has listed their tournament as four booster packs. That will be great fun, just open 40 cards then shuffle and play. It does work perfectly in this game.

The other Sneak Peek tournaments are in Seattle, Redmond, Madison, and Burnsville, I will post more details on the blog as I get them. The stores are Legion, Uncles, Misty Mountain, and Card Kingdom.
    OK, I just called the one in Seattle and the guy there said to call back when somebody that actually knew something was there. Help me Stu B Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope! waiting...still waiting...Have I mentioned that I'm anxious about these cards yet? Thank you so much for your dogged persistence in investigating this
    SHSO name:Astral Zephyr (Yes, THAT guy)
    Signature hero:Nova
    Squad Rank:1340+

May the Squad Force be with you, my brother. It is almost here.

Full list of the Original Six physical tournament locations:

http://squadcards.com/2012/04/07/the...bout-to-begin/

So close I can feel it in my bones!
    - Rurik

May the Squad Force be with you, my brother. It is almost here.

Full list of the Original Six physical tournament locations:

http://squadcards.com/2012/04/07/the...bout-to-begin/

So close I can feel it in my bones!
    TWO IN MY AREA OH HAPPY DAY!! Now to get the schedule to find out what kind of magic I need to work to get to both of them...hmmmmm
    SHSO name:Astral Zephyr (Yes, THAT guy)
    Signature hero:Nova
    Squad Rank:1340+

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnys65 View Post
    TWO IN MY AREA OH HAPPY DAY!! Now to get the schedule to find out what kind of magic I need to work to get to both of them...hmmmmm
    Good luck and Squadspeed. Please take pictures and write reports. We will be giving prizes on the blog starting with these tournaments.
    - Rurik

Default CBR Card League 2012 : Update : Week 9

CBR Card League 2012 : Update : Week 9

Hey Card-Heads!

I've got your weekly Card League Update here!

CARD LEAGUE NEWS - IMPORTANT NOTICES FOR ALL PLAYERS : PLEASE READ

1. We've seen another player leave the Card League this week: Dream Guard. Going forward, if you are matched up with Dream Guard, Colossus Alchemist, Princess Puffin, you are not playing a match that week. If Colossus and Dream Guard could try and play the matches they had up to the week they left, that would be helpful in balancing their opponents' records. I believe Colossus only has to face Hamster Linebacker to achieve this. Dream, if you feel you can/have the time, see if you can do this too, but it is understood if you cannot (thru WEEK 8).

2. Next week will be WEEK 10, and it will see some significant changes to the Card League, removing any players who have dropped from the schedule entirely so that we have a tighter match-up schedule. IF ANYONE IS PLANNING ON LEAVING THE CARD LEAGUE FOR ANY REASON, PRIOR TO WEEK 10 WOULD BE THE BEST TIME TO DO SO. There will be no hard feelings. It's tough to balance our real lives and meeting up to participate in the League. It will simply help to keep a tighter schedule going forward if drops are made prior to WEEK 10.

3. Due to the malfunctioning cards and absences of some of our players, we have been very lax on completing past matches. However, the cards have been working again for about three weeks now. So there has been plenty of time to make-up many matches. I would love to see the past weeks matches finished prior to WEEK 10, because then I can stop posting multiple week updates and we can see a weekly ranking and all that fun stuff. I know I've been guilty of waiting on making up matches as well, but see this as a community push to catch up and get everyone on the ball so we can move forward at a nice clip.

So let's say that WEEK 5 through WEEK 8 MATCHES MAY BE PLAYED THROUGH NEXT WEEKEND TO COUNT TOWARD YOUR RECORDS. The Monday after (4/16), FORFEIT LOSSES WILL BE ISSUED TO BOTH PARTIES. I think that's pretty fair, and if there are any specific issues, please contact me via PM to state your case.

*This does not include those players with "Make-Up Matches for Record" : Wombat Janitor v Storm Builder & M.P. Girl v A.S. Gecko.
    But DO please try to get those matches in on a regular basis/ASAP so that we can put them behind us.

WEEK 5, 6, 7, 8 UPDATE

* Just realized that I think I missed a match between Sonic Koala and Dream Guard that was played. I'll update with that in the post for WEEK 10.

WEEK 9 MATCH-UPS

Week 9's schedule is in Songbird's pink and blue for our resident Melissa Gold super-fan: Countgate / Archer Roamer!!
    Check out their Songbird Appreciation Thread!

MAKE-UP MATCHES FOR RECORD

Wombat Janitor v Storm Builder : x2 : (1 of 3 Record Make-Ups Complete)
    Miss Planetary Girl v Astral Scythe Gecko : x3 : (3 of 6 Record Make-Ups Complete)

^ UPDATED 4/12/12

STANDINGS AS OF WEDS. 04/12/12 12:20 PM

Standings as of the time stamp at their base. Keep in mind there are numerous matches that have yet to be played. PLEASE get those made up ASAP so that I don't have so many charts for each weekly update to post, and we can see some nice week-end Rankings! Thanks!

PLAYER PM LINKS

1-The Tyrannical Mason
    2-Shocking Techno Girl
    3-Raiding Axe
    4-Colossus Alchemist
    5-Brain Yak
    6-Champion Urban Guard
    7-Sonic Koala
    8-Grand Poisonous Catcher
    9-Masked Traveler Seamstress
    10-Fighting Raven
    11-Miss Planetary Girl
    12-Princess Puffin
    13-Hamster Linebacker
    14-Mr.Puffin Rabbit
    15-Dream Guard
    16-Storm Builder
    17-Silver Torch
    18-Archer Roamer
    19-Wombat Janitor
    20-Astral Scythe Gecko
    Last edited by daredeville; 04-12-2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Finally added past week updates and Rankings, etc.
    Current Top Comics: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Fables, Fatale, Winter Soldier, Young Avengers, The Massive, Revival, Thor: GoT

SHSO CARD GAME THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by daredeville View Post
    Interesting point, Storm...! It could be nasty. And now that you bring that up, Cross Examination is the Mono-/Duel-Deck killer that some players have been looking for!

Also, I should be hopping into the Game within the next hour for all those I need to face in Card League Matches...!

Ahhhh but the real mono-killer is the Black Widow "Victim of the Widow" card where you pick a factor and it hits deck until it DOESN'T hit that factor. Victim of the Widow= Potential Factor DESTROYER!

It's a level 8 super-rare however. I guess 8 isn't TOO high. Would be great inclusion with Cross Examination.

Ok I just pre-ordered some cards. But I also bought some cheaper Vs cards on Amazon.

Me and my niece played one game with the Spider-Man Vs Doc Ock Starter pack. But we have some questions to someone familiar with the VS system. I apologize if someone already brought up the VS system and I forgot. But if so I would like to PM some questions. PLEASE!
    Last edited by Hobbkito; 04-07-2012 at 02:18 PM.

I know Vs. System very well. We played on the Pro Circuit back in the days. Shoot me questions any time.
    - Rurik

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbkito View Post
    Ahhhh but the real mono-killer is the Black Widow "Victim of the Widow" card where you pick a factor and it hits deck until it DOESN'T hit that factor. Victim of the Widow= Potential Factor DESTROYER! (evilsmile)

It's a level 8 super-rare however. I guess 8 isn't TOO high. Would be great inclusion with Cross Examination.
    OOOOOhhhh I forgot about Victim of the Widow's effect... that's one of the single cards I am most excited about, even prior to all the mono-deck debate. Mostly because it's another Black Widow card, but that is a sweeeeet effect to play against any kind of deck.
    Here's hoping Black Widow's Card Quest show soon! AND maybe even appear in Foundation..!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbkito View Post
    Ok I just pre-ordered some cards. But I also bought some cheaper Vs cards on Amazon.

Me and my niece played one game with the Spider-Man Vs Doc Ock Starter pack. But we have some questions to someone familiar with the VS system. I apologize if someone already brought up the VS system and I forgot. But if so I would like to PM some questions. PLEASE! (redface)
    VS is cool, especially for all the comic book lore they worked into the card game. I've been organizing and sleeving some cards I bought at a Black Friday clearance sale. I still have yet to get to play with any of the cards, but I've been admiring my Marvel Knights ones quite a bit. I'm still contemplating ordering more VS from Amazon because the prices are so cheap... and the flavor of the series is so palpable... but with both a new Magic set and SHSO arriving within a week of each other... VS will probably take a backseat for a little while for me.

I've messed around with the Spidey v Doc Ock deck on my own, but I don't know a lot about the game yet.

This site is a good resource for finding out about the VS System card sets, as they have images of each card, articles, decks, etc:
    http://vs.tcgplayer.com/

stubarnes was a big player of the game in the past, so if he has time maybe he will talk to you about VS.

As a big Daredevil fan, these kinds of cards make me really happy:

Daredevil's home turf, Hell's Kitchen:

Josie's, a bar full of riff-raff, who's window DD often tosses thugs through during interrogation (bwahaha) is represented in this card:

And Roscoe Sweeney, the Fixer (different from Thunderbolts' Fixer), the man responsible for the hit on DD's dad, Jack Murdock:

As far as I have seen they never made a card of Turk, Kingpin's recurring minor thug and DD's go-to guy for squeezing info out of, but all in all, they did a great job of including elements of the stories important to the heroes and villains you got to play.
    Current Top Comics: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Fables, Fatale, Winter Soldier, Young Avengers, The Massive, Revival, Thor: GoT

SHSO CARD GAME THREAD

Vs. System is very difficult to play and master, especially for kids. But the depth of comic book mythos is insane. We played Pro Circuit for 5 years, once my teammate won the $40,000 first place. I wrote a weekly article for three years straight, never missing a deadline. They were the best of times.
    - Rurik

Wow that was quick, I am gonna go through the set real quick and send you a PM Stu, so did you play Hockey or just same name?

Ok got those cards some where...

That's me in the front...

We fell in love with Stu Barnes during the rubber rat run of 1996 by the Florida Panthers. I got a card to show you...
    - Rurik

This is my card that won a contest and got printed by Upper Deck:

Last edited by stubarnes; 04-07-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    - Rurik

Updated Card League Weekly... Update... with WEEK 9 schedule. Will also update link on ToC / First Post now.

I'm moving like molasses this week. Record updates will be up sometime tonight.

This is my card that won a contest and got printed by Upper Deck:

(image)
    NICE! So your experience with Upper Deck runs deep, huh?

Pretty awesome.

BTW - your post count is at 616 right now! You are in the correct universe!

SHSO CARD GAME THREAD