View Poll Results: Will you be buying the SHS Card Game when it comes out?

Voters
50. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes, Iíll be picking up as much as I can!

11 22.00%
  • Yes, Iíll be buying some Intro Decks and Boosters Packs!

8 16.00%
  • Yes, but only Booster Packs to try and get the exclusive unlockable heroes.

11 22.00%
  • Maybe. Iíll give it a try/think about it/depends on my budget...

8 16.00%
  • No, Iíll stick to the online version.

3 6.00%
  • No, I donít play the SHSO Card Game.

2 4.00%
  • I wish! They wonít be selling them in my country yet!

7 14.00%
Page 4 of 308 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by daredeville View Post
    I can't help it. Sometimes I look at the team-up cards and I just have to ask, "Why are these two heroes teaming up? When has that ever happened?"

The Ms. Marvel/Black Panther card is another one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I can't help it. Sometimes I look at the team-up cards and I just have to ask, "Why are these two heroes teaming up? When has that ever happened?"

The Ms. Marvel/Black Panther card is another one of those.
    Haha, I know.. at least Black Panther and Ms. Marvel are both Avengers... I'm not sure these two have ever had a conversation..! It's probably just for the Black/White dichotomy. An Elektra/Black Widow team up would make more sense as they have met numerous times and are connected to Daredevil. Or Black Widow and Dagger, both on the Marvel Knights "team." And of course, a Bucky Cap and Black Widow since the two have been in a relationship in recent years. Maybe there is room for all these cards...In the end, the more Black Widow cards, the better!
    Current Top Comics: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Fables, Fatale, Winter Soldier, Young Avengers, The Massive, Revival, Thor: GoT

SHSO CARD GAME THREAD

Default Spider cards

Ok my epic post before, when you showed the power cards and talked about the others.

The two cards I had to choose between were Fancy Footwork and I think Hanging around, it was a speed attack I know. Anyway I figured odds were good I could double dip with Fancy footwork (Which I admit I at first thought is not so great a card, before I had so many level 1's in my deck... plus I had too many purple blocks anyway...) anyway he lucky blocked then finished me with purple attack. DOH!

You have no idea how you posting those cards is giving me the itch to buy cards, I could actually get one of the uncommon ones. (heck small odds to get on wheel)... I have only bough two packs when they were on sale.

I have been holding out hoping they will be silver... or at least cheaper.

Spider-Team deck for Tournament

Arachnaphobia x2
    Astonishing Spider-Girl x2
    Fancy Footwork x1
    Got the Drop on You x2
    Gotcha! x1
    Hanging Around x2
    Look What we Caught! x4
    Magnetic Personality x4
    Nimble and Quick x4
    Sabre Rattling x2
    Spider-Strikes x3
    Strength of Spiders x2
    Super Spider Squad x3
    The Old Football Trick x3
    Web Slinger x3
    Yoink x3
    You Can Count on Me x1
    Last edited by Hobbkito; 11-15-2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Well I don't really know how to do the image stuff... so typed deck.

Jessica Drew The Tyrannical Mason's Avatar

Default Strategies

Lets talk strategies, when I am making a deck I look to overload your blocks. What factors come into your guys mind when making a deck?

Quote Originally Posted by The Tyrannical Mason View Post
    Lets talk strategies, when I am making a deck I look to overload your blocks. What factors come into your guys mind when making a deck?
    Considering blocks I always like to have a balance of each but I prefer having Animal, Elemental and Strength blocks mostly the latter two which are the ones with least blocks at least in my experience.
    ďBreeding, darling. Top class breeding.Ē
    SHSO Username: Dream Guard
    Marvel Heroes: Beta Tester
    MAA Status: Pending

Quote Originally Posted by The Tyrannical Mason View Post
    A deck with a balanced selection of blocks prepares you for most any deck that you face. I tend to try and have between 6 & 7 of each block in my deck... So you can have 7 of four Factor Blocks and 6 of two others.

Usually I have 7 of Strength, Speed, Tech, and Elemental because they generally tend to come up more often. Then 6 of Animal and Energy.

This tends to work... but, I lost to Baron Zemo because he had a high number of Strength cards in his Tourney deck...! I spent many of my Strength blocks against the multiple Hulk "Strongest There Is" cards, which hit for 12. But then with his last move he hit me with his "Punch Out!" card which has double Strength Factors, and I had nothing left to block it with.

So although balancing tends to work well, you have to be prepared for people's decks too.. I tend to keep a balance of blocks in my hand at all times. If you can discern some type of theme in the opponents' deck, then switch strategies to playing cards with have blocks you don't need, and hold onto ones that do. (So in other words, once I realized his theme, I should have held onto every Strength and Animal Block that came my way, while spending cards with Energy, Elemental, and Tech blocks).
    Current Top Comics: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Fables, Fatale, Winter Soldier, Young Avengers, The Massive, Revival, Thor: GoT

SHSO CARD GAME THREAD

Grand Poisonous Catcher Baron Zemo's Avatar

Mr Fantastic quests are up in the shop

Captain Silent Worm Ryu Serpentine's Avatar

When I make a deck I look for cards that work together. For example, with my Wakandan Thunder deck I started with Panther cards, Panther than connected to Storm who connected to Thor.

I have two favorite decks. The first is a Spidey based one that is just about all costs only 1 power to play and has multiple special effects which allow you to play another card from your hand or discard pile. On a few different occasions I've been able to chain 4 cards in a single round.

My second favorite deck is all Avengers and it has a lot of keepers. It gives bonuses for how many keepers you have in play and also some cards which do damage when you add a keeper.

The strategy for taking down the higher level missions is to pretty much play against them and pay attention to what the majority of the card types they play. Then go and build a deck with a lot of blocks based on what the majority of their attacks are.

Yeah. For example, the Super Skrull at the end of the new Mr Fantastic quests has no Green or Silver cards.

So I built a deck that had 10 blue blocks, 10 red blocks, 10 purple blocks and 10 orange blocks and it really wasn't that hard to beat him 4 times.

It's amazing how powerful that Infinity Blaster card can be if the cards fall right. The first time I beat the Super Skrull challenge, I was getting massacred - down to 6 cards while he still had 28. I played the Infinity Blaster card and it kept repeating and by the end of it, they were down to 2 cards. I blocked their next attack and it was over on my next turn.

Considering there are a LOT of tech blocks in that deck (they just happened to keep falling on the second card during my repeating attacks), the card actually feels broken to me. It shouldn't be possible to do 26 damage in one turn. Anybody else have this kind of luck with the Infinity Blaster?

Not yet but in one of the quests where you fight Thing I was winning by around 20 to 5 when he played one of them and killed me on that turn. Needless to say, I was annoyed

Question Curve

Are you guys considering a "CURVE" when building your decks? Also, does anyone know what are the strengths of each color?

Was there ever a Rogue card quest? I found these:

I went to see if there was a Rogue quest and it didnt show up..
    Super Hero Squad Online Name: Masked Traveler Seamstress
    Squad Level: 1060
    Trying to Max: Shadowcat(B), Black Widow(B), QuickSilver
    Deviantart: Here

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Traveler Seamstress View Post
    Was there ever a Rogue card quest? I found these:

I went to see if there was a Rogue quest and it didnt show up..
    Not yet...

But if you pay attention, a lot of the quests have cards from 'yet to be released' quests in there. Rogue, Emma, others...

So... one day!